Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HTML5/WebGL: Game Not loading or frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270)

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnittyGirl (Post 6401834)
Thank you so much! I tried switching to Firefox but it's the same issue. Thank you again!!! I'll keep checking back and hopefully it will be fixed. You guys are fantastic!!! Happy New Year!

H iKnittyGirl,
In the mean time can I suggest a magnifying glass? :rolleyes:

kidwboro Dec 31 2020 09:24 PM

Nice! Smooth graphics, good colors. And the best part, it is pure HTML.
God bless :)

Edmo Dec 31 2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401642)
Hi Edmo,
Make sure you have your browser up to date. If it is an old version it may not have the HTML5 changes in it.

Taz, i have the latest versions of Edge, Opera and Firefox. Edge gave me the gray screen with the sad face. Opera gave me the gray screen without a sad face. Firefox showed the Unity logo but the bar below the the logo never became white (did not load) and my mouse froze. I will use Edge and/or Firefox to enter the game with flash until 1/12/21 and then i will see what happens.

Talerdasangel Dec 31 2020 09:32 PM

I don't understand, I did click on the link for the new version and yes I got in but all of my quest money 6 was gone. Now my dilemma is I use Facebook game room, I have 2 icons on my desktop, both belong to facebook game room. So I clicked onto my other link which took me to my game but I have NOTHING there, no farms nothing all my plots are gone, like starting from fresh. What's the problem? I liked using that icon as I was able to enlarge the screen without seeing stuff to the right of the screen. What happened? Thank you.

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmo (Post 6401850)
Taz, i have the latest versions of Edge, Opera and Firefox. Edge gave me the gray screen with the sad face. Opera gave me the gray screen without a sad face. Firefox showed the Unity logo but the bar below the the logo never became white (did not load) and my mouse froze. I will use Edge and/or Firefox to enter the game with flash until 1/12/21 and then i will see what happens.

Hi Edmo,
Do you have any plugins running in those browsers, like the one to make Facebook stay with the old layout or an ad blocker? If you have any (other than Flash try disabling them one at a time and then try loading it.
I use Firefox and the other moderators have used Chrome and Opera with no problems.
The first time you load the game it will be slow as it has to download all the graphics, so your Firefox load may have been doing that and you need to just wait longer for it to finish.

bluehair Dec 31 2020 09:37 PM

cant wait till full version of HTML5 comes out :)

Perico429 Dec 31 2020 09:37 PM

I tried the new version, but my screen froze and had to restart my computer to get out of it.

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talerdasangel (Post 6401854)
I don't understand, I did click on the link for the new version and yes I got in but all of my quest money 6 was gone. Now my dilemma is I use Facebook game room, I have 2 icons on my desktop, both belong to facebook game room. So I clicked onto my other link which took me to my game but I have NOTHING there, no farms nothing all my plots are gone, like starting from fresh. What's the problem? I liked using that icon as I was able to enlarge the screen without seeing stuff to the right of the screen. What happened? Thank you.

Hi Talerdasangel,
Try going in through Facebook rather than Gameroom. Then click on the link in the banner at the top of your farms to get to the unity version. Game room is going away in a few months according to Facebook.

Your quests are not gone as that is the normal New Years glitch that the numbers don't show in the chart. Your quests are still there and counted.

jkrueger Dec 31 2020 09:39 PM

FARMTOWN -
I have been reading with interest the negative comments already posted on different sites,
seriously folks, quit the complaining and have a bit of patience.
the developers have been working long hours on this transition and so what if we have to go back to basics for a while - I see the problem is some players are so dam spoilt by the great job that has been done in developing farmtown to the game it is, that some expectations are way too extreme.
Farmtown in a game - a game folks, not real life - your future is not dependant on 'getting to work your farms each day'
Just show some respect and quit complaing like a little kid who has lost his lollipop... rant over

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perico429 (Post 6401866)
I tried the new version, but my screen froze and had to restart my computer to get out of it.

Hi Perico,
Since you have restarted your computer try again. It will be slow the first time as the graphics for the new HTML version have to download to your browser.