Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 18th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336022)

mysterygirl1993 Jun 30 2010 08:04 AM

trouble with plowing

I love farmtown and all the new stuff.I'm level 90 with 4 farms. BUT, with that said I've been having problems with the plowing ever since the new changes.I can't move the screen when plowing if my person is moving and it doesn't plow like it did before. Please make it the way it was. Thanks!

KayGee Jun 30 2010 08:34 AM

No whining!~

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiVince (Post 3663510)
I'm simply trying to load my factories. For the past 3 and a half hours I've simply been trying to load my factories. The mouse clicks for this take less than 15 seconds, yet 3.5 hours later I'm still trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.

The main problem is 1) usability and 2) basic computer science concepts. Granted, there are constraints with using flash as the engine for this but the nuclear sized holes in this program are simply due to sloppy programming, programmer's that don't use the program themselves, and the difficulty in farming out general computer science work to people that don't care. It is painfully obvious this is all being farmed out. I'm simply the squeeky wheel trying to get the managers of this project to re-adjust how they are running it.

The fixes for this are simple. Someone just has to care.

OK, I am NOT a computer programmer, but as a user of the game I have made some basic observations. First of all, I don't experience the severe time lag you do - not sure precisely why - but I do notice that the one farm of yours is facility-heavy. I am almost certain this makes a difference, and I think it can be expected to. I own all but 2 of the facilities (no desire for the chocolate and juice factories), and they click along just fine. I do click on the save button and refresh in between - this seems to clear the way for more loading very quickly. Also, my facilities are spread among all four farms. This doesn't seem like rocket science to figure out, especially as we have all seen how much "active" components like animals can slow things down. Secondly, as many players as there are, that's how many ways there are to play this game. It's not like a program that has the same functionality for everyone who uses it. This is bound to result in headaches for the developers, who are trying to keep up with glitches and problems at the same time they are working on advancing and expanding the game, which, of course, is largely FREE to play. People who choose not to purchase farm cash really aren't missing much, and it's everyone's choice to spend real dollars or not. Just as it's everyone's choice to quit playing if they're not satisfied....just sayin'.

p.s. the word is "squeaky"

Tony D Jun 30 2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysterygirl1993 (Post 3663898)
I love farmtown and all the new stuff.I'm level 90 with 4 farms. BUT, with that said I've been having problems with the plowing ever since the new changes.I can't move the screen when plowing if my person is moving and it doesn't plow like it did before. Please make it the way it was. Thanks!

Hi, check your preference settings (wrench icon) If there is not a tick beside "remove spaces between fields" put one there. If there is a tick beside "follow avatar while walking " or "wait for each plow/plant" remove the tick. Hope this helps

mysterygirl1993 Jun 30 2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3663942)
Hi, check your preference settings (wrench icon) If there is not a tick beside "remove spaces between fields" put one there. If there is a tick beside "follow avatar while walking " or "wait for each plow/plant" remove the tick. Hope this helps

Hi, Thanks for the response. I have those the same as I always have since starting to play the game...a friend told me about them early on. So I'm not real sure why this is happening now. I always have a little trouble after updates but nothing like this. I even updated my browser and flash player and it's still happening. Oh well, I still love the game just a little annoying on how the plow thing is working now. Hopefully this too will pass. Thanks again!

Tony D Jun 30 2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysterygirl1993 (Post 3663974)
Hi, Thanks for the response. I have those the same as I always have since starting to play the game...a friend told me about them early on. So I'm not real sure why this is happening now. I always have a little trouble after updates but nothing like this. I even updated my browser and flash player and it's still happening. Oh well, I still love the game just a little annoying on how the plow thing is working now. Hopefully this too will pass. Thanks again!

No problem ... the settings quite often get "changed" after an update that is why I suggested checking them. Hope you get it sorted

gtosga Jun 30 2010 09:12 AM

I am not having anywhere near the lag you are Vince and there have been tips on what to do to possibly fix the problem. If you are a programmer you should know these things.A little bored with you slamming this forum . Grow up!

mysterygirl1993 Jun 30 2010 09:38 AM

I was just in farmtown and got hired to plow. While I was plowing I went in and checked the box to follow avatar while walking to see what would happen. Well it was doing the same thing. So it seems my avatar is stuck on that for some reason. Hopefully I can figure out how to fix that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3663998)
No problem ... the settings quite often get "changed" after an update that is why I suggested checking them. Hope you get it sorted

ssixx Jun 30 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayGee (Post 3663926)
OK, I am NOT a computer programmer, but as a user of the game I have made some basic observations. First of all, I don't experience the severe time lag you do - not sure precisely why - but I do notice that the one farm of yours is facility-heavy. I am almost certain this makes a difference, and I think it can be expected to. I own all but 2 of the facilities (no desire for the chocolate and juice factories), and they click along just fine. I do click on the save button and refresh in between - this seems to clear the way for more loading very quickly. Also, my facilities are spread among all four farms. This doesn't seem like rocket science to figure out, especially as we have all seen how much "active" components like animals can slow things down. Secondly, as many players as there are, that's how many ways there are to play this game. It's not like a program that has the same functionality for everyone who uses it. This is bound to result in headaches for the developers, who are trying to keep up with glitches and problems at the same time they are working on advancing and expanding the game, which, of course, is largely FREE to play. People who choose not to purchase farm cash really aren't missing much, and it's everyone's choice to spend real dollars or not. Just as it's everyone's choice to quit playing if they're not satisfied....just sayin'.

p.s. the word is "squeaky"

I have 4 farms with one having every facility & must say I don't have ANY problems queuing up jobs. And I keep several of my factories completely loaded up.

This has always been my favorite game & the enhancements made to it have been wonderful! BIG shout out & much thanks to the game devs!!

The only thing left on my wish list is an easier way to fish - all that clicking is tedious and at times too physically painful to fish out all I'd like to get for my restaurants.

SunnyD Jun 30 2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssixx (Post 3665506)
I have 4 farms with one having every facility & must say I don't have ANY problems queuing up jobs. And I keep several of my factories completely loaded up.

This has always been my favorite game & the enhancements made to it have been wonderful! BIG shout out & much thanks to the game devs!!

The only thing left on my wish list is an easier way to fish - all that clicking is tedious and at times too physically painful to fish out all I'd like to get for my restaurants.

I second the fishing being tedious we need fishing nets LOL

Grandma20 Jun 30 2010 07:43 PM

Where do I find the dog house