Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Game Migration Updates (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656742)

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com Jan 05 2021 11:58 AM

Is there a problem with the neighbor bar in this HTML5 program? I have no neighbors showing up; and, the chat/close thing does not work. BTW I am using Chrome (not sure if that matters or not). Thanks for helping us all out during the transition; and a huge THANK YOU to Raul and the rest of the group for all of their hard work.

Taz D Jan 05 2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com (Post 6404350)
Is there a problem with the neighbor bar in this HTML5 program? I have no neighbors showing up; and, the chat/close thing does not work. BTW I am using Chrome (not sure if that matters or not). Thanks for helping us all out during the transition; and a huge THANK YOU to Raul and the rest of the group for all of their hard work.

Hi lynnetimpeiro,
The neighbors part has not been added yet to the HTML version.

Keef Jan 05 2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6404354)
Hi lynnetimpeiro,
The neighbors part has not been added yet to the HTML version.

how am I supposed to go and work my s/n farms when neighbors aren't showing or go to the market as I can't do anything unless I use the flash version

Taz D Jan 05 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keef (Post 6404358)
how am I supposed to go and work my s/n farms when neighbors aren't showing or go to the market as I can't do anything unless I use the flash version

Hi Keef,
The only way you can do that is to use the Flash version while it is available.

Moving the game to the new platform has been problematic and those problems were not quick to resolve. They also stated that the new version would be a restricted version some months ago.

The developers will add them back as they have time to do them and will likely announce what they have added in the new release threads as they get them done. We can not give you any specific times or dates. All you can do is either see what's currently there each day or keep an eye on the News and Announcements threads and check the 1st post for any updates from the developers.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com Jan 05 2021 01:53 PM

Thanks for the quick response Taz. Appreciate all everyone is doing.

Sqrl Jan 05 2021 04:51 PM

HTML version will not save Language preference. No matter how many times I change it from English (US) to (UK) I am always re-Americanised when I reload the game.

(memcache didn't help)

Taz D Jan 05 2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6404458)
HTML version will not save Language preference. No matter how many times I change it from English (US) to (UK) I am always re-Americanised when I reload the game.

(memcache didn't help)

Hi Sqrl,
I have moved your post to the News & Announcement subject thread about Game Migration Update -- December 23th, 2020 to answer you. Anything about the HTML version needs to posted here.

Try setting your language in the Flash version and see if it will stay in the HTML version. The language setting will not be really used until we get the neighbors and markets added into this version.

Sqrl Jan 05 2021 05:09 PM

Oh, sorry I posted in the wrong place! I blame Xmas/New Year hangover :).

Your suggestion didn't work sadly but nm, I shall not worry about it.

Dana1971 Jan 06 2021 01:05 PM

Just got a notification on Edge about Flash

I clicked on a lick to send someone some ingredients and at the top of the page, real big and in blue it told me that Flash is no longer supported to play FarmTown to pick another game on Facebook.

marymarcel Jan 06 2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1971 (Post 6404762)
I clicked on a lick to send someone some ingredients and at the top of the page, real big and in blue it told me that Flash is no longer supported to play FarmTown to pick another game on Facebook.

Hi Dana :)

Yes, we are getting the same, but my game still loaded. Anyway I just let the developers know.