Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

Duck Duck Goose Feb 16 2012 11:56 PM

i havent done any quests at all simply because i cant see what they are before accepting them. Im not going to buy multi million dollar buildings i dont want just to complete 1 quest and then sell off the building i didnt want at a loss of profit. Youll have to do better than that before im interested.
Show me what the quest is beforehand

HelenJS22 Feb 17 2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTheRealElly (Post 5048186)
when we get the window for a quest, it would help if there was more information about what we have to do. for instance:
i just got a quest to load 3X watering can in a service facility.
i have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what facilities produce and sell the watering can. i looked at the lists here and i cant find it. it might be there but i am not spending another hour trying to find it.
i dont now if i have the facilities to make and sell it, so i am not going to bother with the quest.
now, if instead of saying load 3x watering can in "a" facility. it wouls say load 3x watering can in the "watering can store" (or wherever the hec they are sold), i would be able to determine right away if i have the necessary facilities to do the quest.

it has happened on several other quests that i had a lot of trouble, and spent way too much time trying to find out if i had the necesary facilities.

for now i am just going to do what i normally do in farmtown, and if i happen to fill a quest fine...if not ..oh well.

You actually don't have to 'figure it out' as far as what facilities to use. If you simply click on the relevant box within the quest, you will be taken to a another screen where it will show you exactly where you need to go for the facility product.

Angel70 Feb 17 2012 02:40 AM

I agree with most of you.
I loved the quests when they were released. Now they've added the service facilities to it and I must say I'm loosing interest. I just don't like the service facilities. I have a few of them even some cash ones, but I stopped buying them because I don't like them very much. Now I have a quest to load dress shoes. I have every single facility to make those shoes but I don't have the mini mall to load the shoes so I can't complete this quest. Now I have to wait 20 hours for the next quest.
Now here is what can be done about it. Let us know what the quest is about before accepting it. When we see we can't do the quest because we don't own the facility or facilities required to make or load the producs, we should be able to click an 'ignore' button or something like that and able to move to another quest untill we find a quest we can do and then wait 20 hours to unlock the next one.
We are also should be able to choose the lifeline. That way we at least can get the products we need from a cash facility we don't own.

criminalist Feb 17 2012 10:17 AM

FIVE Quests that cannot be Completed

This is my fifth quest, in a row, that I cannot complete because I do not own the requiste FT $ only facility.

NOT FUN!

mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com Feb 17 2012 10:30 AM

First let me say, I love the Quest until today. I have come upon one that I don't have a factory for to produce Vanilla Essential. What do I do now? I don't see any answers to the questions. I can't spend the money like others can, I allow my self $20.00 a month to buy what I need to make the game go faster, but the one for the Vanilla Essential would be an luxury that I can't afford. Please help
Mary Heizer Cosgrove

KnightRider Feb 17 2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com (Post 5049342)
First let me say, I love the Quest until today. I have come upon one that I don't have a factory for to produce Vanilla Essential. What do I do now? I don't see any answers to the questions. I can't spend the money like others can, I allow my self $20.00 a month to buy what I need to make the game go faster, but the one for the Vanilla Essential would be an luxury that I can't afford. Please help
Mary Heizer Cosgrove

You can use the lifeline that is on the quest page to receive the Vanilla Essential Oil that you need for your quest. It should allow you to either work in a neighbors facility to get it or to be able to have a neighbor gift you the Vanilla Essential Oil, if it says you need a neighbor to gift you the Vanilla Essential Oil, then you would need to go into a facility that uses Vanilla Essential Oil, like the Perfume factory or the Air Freshener factory and click on start batch of something that uses the Vanilla Essential Oil and it should tell you can't produce that item and do you want to ask friends to send you the ingredients needed. I don't know about the trading lifeline, have not read anyone that has used that lifeline yet. I hope this is helpful, I have not used the lifeline yet so I hope it is totally accurate.

swd Feb 17 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criminalist (Post 5049330)
This is my fifth quest, in a row, that I cannot complete because I do not own the requiste FT $ only facility.

NOT FUN!

Especially if your lifeline is stuck in the first quest because it didn't help with the one thing you need.

justa_angel Feb 17 2012 12:27 PM

This is the first time in the years I've been playing Farm Town that I am SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED with the game. I was overjoyed when we were given Quests to do, because I had honestly started to get bored with the game after getting 6th dans in every seed. I have done every Quest I've been given in a very timely fashion and been pleased with the coins I've received. TODAY, however, I was given a Quest for a facility I do not own. It is a $$$ facility that I never wanted or could afford to purchase. I am disabled and the money to spend on the game is simply not there...so I am now forced to just let this Quest go. If I can't do the Quests, the boredom will probably set in again and I may give up the game. Is this just a ploy from developers to force people to spend more money on the game???

KnightRider Feb 17 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa_angel (Post 5049490)
This is the first time in the years I've been playing Farm Town that I am SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED with the game. I was overjoyed when we were given Quests to do, because I had honestly started to get bored with the game after getting 6th dans in every seed. I have done every Quest I've been given in a very timely fashion and been pleased with the coins I've received. TODAY, however, I was given a Quest for a facility I do not own. It is a $$$ facility that I never wanted or could afford to purchase. I am disabled and the money to spend on the game is simply not there...so I am now forced to just let this Quest go. If I can't do the Quests, the boredom will probably set in again and I may give up the game. Is this just a ploy from developers to force people to spend more money on the game???

Depending on the quest you can use a lifeline to have neighbors help with items that you can't get due to not having that facility. You didn't give any info on the quest so don't know if a lifeline would help you or not.

Johnny Popper Feb 17 2012 01:21 PM

Regarding the post quoted above and the response: lifelines are fine until you get to the final step of a quest where you may be required to load an item in a service facility that costs Farm Cash. Many people can't afford or won't buy these facilities and it would be quite simple if a player were able to simply decline. It's very irritating to have a quest you can't or won't do automatically open over a period of days.

Missannrr Feb 17 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swd (Post 5049466)
Especially if your lifeline is stuck in the first quest because it didn't help with the one thing you need.

My lifeline says to trade with farmers. Which would be fine except it is for a tamborine

justa_angel Feb 17 2012 03:38 PM

I can't imagine how a lifeline would help me. My Quest is to produce 4 baby bottles. I do not have the Baby Supplies Factory. I can do all the other steps in the quest, but the end item is the baby bottle which I cannot produce.

Taz D Feb 17 2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa_angel (Post 5049602)
I can't imagine how a lifeline would help me. My Quest is to produce 4 baby bottles. I do not have the Baby Supplies Factory. I can do all the other steps in the quest, but the end item is the baby bottle which I cannot produce.

In this case then a lifeline will not help you because it can't be used for the final step.

debbie kay zimmerman Feb 17 2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hootie rootie tootie (Post 5045706)
The problem I'm having with the quest is they are asking me to produce a water trough. I don't own the factory that makes them. The Animal Accessories Factory. And I don't have the cash to buy one. When I clicked on the lifeline it opened up with a red gift box. When I moved my mouse over the box this what it states. "The gift lifeline lets you procure goods for this quest also by using gifts from friends". For me to ask a friend to make a gift of an item you need to send a REQUEST, but there is not place to do that. If you work for a friend in the factory that he owns you still can't request a gift of the item. Someone need to fix the problem by having a box that states REQUEST your friends for the item so they can send it to you. Otherwise you are asking the farmtown members to buy factories which to me is not right if you can't afford them.

I don't fully understand the lifeline either...I love the quests, just can't wait to get my first FC.

Momma Woods Feb 17 2012 05:58 PM

How can we know how many quest we have completed? I did a few and then started counting.

Tony D Feb 17 2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Woods (Post 5049722)
How can we know how many quest we have completed? I did a few and then started counting.

Hi, not sure there is any way to tell, sorry

Marlene Law Feb 17 2012 06:41 PM

I am finding Lifelines too complicated but I am happy with Quests generally.

sananjan Feb 17 2012 06:57 PM

I saw something about a dismiss quest button/ Is this a feature that will be coming in the future? I agree one should not have to purchase a facility to complete a quest. Maybe you could get the finished product by working for a neighbor and obtaining it form one of their facilities.

swd Feb 17 2012 08:01 PM

A lifeline won't necessarily help you. I have 3 quests that I can't do because I need tofu and got a trade lifeline and it won't clear for almost 3 more days. Another quest needs a FC facility for the last step and no lifeline can be used for that. So 2 out of three of these quests the lifeline won't help. After another 3 days I will be able to see if the lifeline will help my 3rd quest now tied up because of lack of a FC facility.

I have many of the FC facilities so it isn't because I haven't spent FC on the game.

KnightRider Feb 17 2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swd (Post 5049810)
A lifeline won't necessarily help you. I have 3 quests that I can't do because I need tofu and got a trade lifeline and it won't clear for almost 3 more days. Another quest needs a FC facility for the last step and no lifeline can be used for that. So 2 out of three of these quests the lifeline won't help. After another 3 days I will be able to see if the lifeline will help my 3rd quest now tied up because of lack of a FC facility.

I have many of the FC facilities so it isn't because I haven't spent FC on the game.

Is the one with the tofu the last step in your quest, if not, I thought that the trade lifeline was so you can go into the marketplace and purchase the item you needed for the quest, that is what it says in the release notes. I know that normally the marketplace you can only buy first step items like crops, fish, cut flowers, and cut trees, but since they made that lifeline, they should have changed it when you use a lifeline, otherwise why have that lifeline available. If you need tofu, I would sell you some.

peachy51 Feb 17 2012 11:33 PM

Wtf???

This could have been covered in the previous responses, but I'm too mad at the moment to read all of them.

I love the Quests ... and I have been having a good time seeing how quickly I can complete each Quest. And I have been able to complete each Quest until the one I got today: Make Sesame Chicken ... wtf? How am I supposed to do that without the Chinese Restaurant???

The thing says the Mayor will prepare a special Quest for you. I read that to mean each Quest would be tailored of that farmer's abilities. I certainly do not appreciate being asked to do a Quest that I don't have the ability to complete without digging into my pocketbook.

I think this is a really sleezy way for Farmtown to get more $$ from us. Shame on you!! :mad::mad:

peachy51 Feb 17 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swd (Post 5049810)

I hear ya there swd ... I have spent over $400 buying FC so it isn't like they haven't gotten any money from me :(

Marlene Law Feb 17 2012 11:47 PM

I now understand the lifelines. The Quest tells me which one I can use.

Ms Caz Feb 18 2012 02:11 AM

I love the quests but yet i do not. I am on my like 5th quests when I came into a snag of not having the one facility to complete the quest. so I have wasted my time on nothing. i am topped out on my levels so no FC that way and well I just do not have the cash at the moment to do so. when you accept a new quest you should be able to see what it is before accepting it. either that or with this life line things find someone to help out. thanks for listening!

Angel70 Feb 18 2012 02:31 AM

It is so frustrating. When I finally was able to open another quest because I couldn't load the dress shoes in the previous one because I don't own that service facility and couldn't complete it, I came across yet another quest I can't do. Now it is to load farmtwon beer. I have all the facilities to make farmtwown beer, but not the service facility required to load it.
I have spent real money on this game but, as in real life, I refuse to spent money on things I do not like and I don't like the service facilities.
I hope the devs do something about this.

peachy51 Feb 18 2012 03:34 AM

deja vu

And yet, again, for the second time in the past 24 hours I have opened a quest that I cannot do because it would require me to spent $$ to purchase FC and buy the facility to complete the quest.

Developers are you listening? :mad:

justa_angel Feb 18 2012 09:22 AM

I am getting more and more upset about these quests each day. It should be a simple thing for the developers to have the Quests check for the facilities you have before the Quest is assigned. Yesterday I was supposed to produce baby bottles..and I don't have the $factory. Today it was Shrimp and Potatoes. Fine...I could do every step of the Quest but produce shrimp, since I don't have the Fish Farm. A neighbor has it tho, so I clicked the lifeline. It gave me "trade at the market". Shrimp containers do not come up in the list to sell, so my neighbor couldn't sell to me. What kind of lifeline is that?? I sure hope they get the bugs out of this fast, because for the first time in 3 years, I am about ready to quit the game!!

FarmerMcLashwood Feb 18 2012 11:10 AM

Well the Error 025 isn't fixed... cos I am still getting it!

carrowman Feb 18 2012 12:30 PM

I too cannot complete a quest as I don't have correct facility and yes to buy it I need Farm Cash!!! Lifeline I received is request as gift how does this help when I dont have the facility to enable me to request as gift its a joke
now i have to wait at least 4 days b4 i can use another lifeline we should be given option to reject quest if we know we cannot complete it, but still have to wait for next or people will become even more choosy than they are already !!!!

I will not be forced into spending real money to complete quests

Quicksilverq Feb 18 2012 12:56 PM

I have completed the first quest available to me with no problems, when I start the secnd quest for some reason my glass factory is not being recognized and I "failed" the quest because the game never recorded the 185 punch bowls I had produced before it expired. I am now attempting the next quest involving the glass factory haven't made to the production cycle yet, but I hope whatever the glitch was in the first glass quest is resolved before I get there.

jljdestiny9 Feb 18 2012 01:11 PM

I would like to say that I personally love the quests. Yes, there are limitations. Yes, we may receive quests for items that we are unable to complete due to not having the necessary facility. Yes, the selected lifeline may not be of any use. But folks, this is a game. In the meantime, wait your 20 hours and accept a new quest. It's not like you are paying coins or farm cash in order to accept the quest and then not being able to complete it. Appreciate it for what it is. Give the developers a chance to see player feedback and make changes. I am hoping that the lifeline feature will allow players to select their own option and work in a neighbors facility if they don't have their own. I will keep accepting my quests daily and enjoy my farming life!

widow lyn Feb 18 2012 02:12 PM

please someone check this out for me

I am in the last step of a quest to produce pen sets(0/5) using the office school supply factory, I don't have that factory.

for the last 2 days I have worked 2 neighbors facilities THAT DO have it and have had a neighbor send me a set and I also have 306 completed sets in storage so why am I NOT getting credit for the ones I did in my neighbors facility .

samsmum Feb 18 2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widow lyn (Post 5050470)
please someone check this out for me

I am in the last step of a quest to produce pen sets(0/5) using the office school supply factory, I don't have that factory.

for the last 2 days I have worked 2 neighbors facilities THAT DO have it and have had a neighbor send me a set and I also have 306 completed sets in storage so why am I NOT getting credit for the ones I did in my neighbors facility .

Hi there
if you do not have the required facility to complete the final step of the quest then you are unable to do it...the life lines can only be used to procure items needed to make the final product

Taz D Feb 18 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilverq (Post 5050438)
I have completed the first quest available to me with no problems, when I start the secnd quest for some reason my glass factory is not being recognized and I "failed" the quest because the game never recorded the 185 punch bowls I had produced before it expired. I am now attempting the next quest involving the glass factory haven't made to the production cycle yet, but I hope whatever the glitch was in the first glass quest is resolved before I get there.

Did you order and receive the Soda Ash, Quartz Rock, and clay from the mine, then make the Beige Pigment in the Ink and Pigments factory and receive it before starting the Punch Bowls? If not that is why it didn't accept them. All the steps must be completed before starting the final step as of this latest release.

clarecheetham Feb 18 2012 04:37 PM

Have a quest that requires yellow tail. I do not have a big sea coast. I used a lifeline and worked for someone thus caught some also traded for some but the quest is not registering either. Help!!!

clarecheetham Feb 18 2012 04:52 PM

do the developers ever read this stuff and act on it???

clarecheetham Feb 18 2012 04:57 PM

Yeah. Kind of sorted quests out. Have no way to get yellowtail. Used lifeline and bought some and caught some on another farm but no luck. So i requested the ingredients from a friend and one sent them to me. I am now able to produce the suchi. Result. Hope this helps some of you. Happier now

Taz D Feb 18 2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarecheetham (Post 5050626)
Have a quest that requires yellow tail. I do not have a big sea coast. I used a lifeline and worked for someone thus caught some also traded for some but the quest is not registering either. Help!!!

What lifeline did you get? If it was the Gift Lifeline then neither of those methods would work for you. You could however request ingredients for something that uses yellowtail.

pythonis Feb 18 2012 07:36 PM

if one part of a quest says for us to create something in a facility and we dont have that facility, then what lifeline would be able to help us complete that part of the quest?

Happy pants Feb 18 2012 07:40 PM

The "Employee" lifeline.... if you go and work a neighbour's facility, you "take home" some of each product.