Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 16th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345022)

Raul Jul 16 2010 11:31 PM

New Release -- July 16th, 2010

Hey there,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 5th Farm: Here are the prices in coins (the prices in farm cash remain the same)

12x12 Farm: 5000000
14x14 Upgrade: 2000000
16x16 Upgrade: 3000000
18x18 Upgrade: 4000000
20x20 Upgrade: 30000000
22x22 Upgrade: 40000000
24x24 Upgrade: 50000000

2. Tree Shaker Tool (FC): You can harvest up to 32 trees at once. If you harvest a few trees at once it consumes 1 Fuel, else it consumes 2 Fuel.

3. Natural Remedy Shop (coins): Allows you to produce herbal supplements like Ginger Powder, Basil Oil, Ginseng Roots, Aloe Vera Gel and others.

4. Furniture Factory (FC): Allows you to produce furniture from the bamboo logs, pine and oak lumbers and turkey feathers. The furnitures are Loveseats, Chests, TV Cabinets, Beach Sets and others.

5. Ginseng and Aloe Vera crops

6. You can now harvest the feathers of your turkeys and sell them or use them at the furniture factory

7. Edit Mode tool (Tool Box): The Yellow hand allows you to move and reorganize your farm much easier

8. The slowing issues when chopping trees should now be almost completely resolved

Enjoy

--Raul

Meranna Jul 16 2010 11:31 PM

LUV the Natural Remedy Shop and new seeds...BUT... no ROSEMARY in there, which we already have??????? It is the ultimate calming/soothing aid :-) devs missed the boat on that one!

Lemon balm is another miss since we already have the trees :(
Hope to see these added along with lavender, which would be a new seed & expensive!

Great update on the whole & really needed the crop space...many thanks!

SunnyD Jul 16 2010 11:33 PM

LOL i want the furniture store just cause it is just soooo cool looking LOL is that bad or what???

Lavenda Jul 16 2010 11:34 PM

thanks heaps for the new goodies, especially the edit hand! And thanks for continually working on fixing the glitches :)

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 16 2010 11:34 PM

Fantastic!

meinhardt76 Jul 16 2010 11:34 PM

Thank you so much Raul for the new updates and making this game fun.

JAS0643 Jul 16 2010 11:36 PM

Thanks can't wait to play with the updates.

SPOTSROCK Jul 16 2010 11:37 PM

dang , just when i was thinking of slowing down ... you give us more... i will never have a life other then farming on FT... .

:) thanks i think.. ..

and a huge hug for fixing / working on known glitches...

fragmentx Jul 16 2010 11:37 PM

can't believe these new features. I love you guys.

(still no lemonade?)

Miz Jane Jul 16 2010 11:38 PM

Thanks for the great update! If I buy the tree shaker, will one work on all five farms or do I need one on each? That could get expensive...

Thanks!

Jane

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 16 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miz Jane (Post 3729918)
Thanks for the great update! If I buy the tree shaker, will one work on all five farms or do I need one on each? That could get expensive...

Thanks!

Jane

You can move it around. Or leave it on one farm and click the "move" item on the shaker and click the farm you want to harvest on. It'll stay on the original farm that you selected "move" on though.

dottyF Jul 16 2010 11:40 PM

I am so impressed with how far this game has come since last year .I am very much an addict. :(

Bubba Geouge Jul 16 2010 11:41 PM

thanks raul for the updates and the best game ever..

VeronicaT Jul 16 2010 11:41 PM

I love the new features! I'm hoping more levels are soon to come and that this time I won't be at the top still. I wanna work to level up again. : ( lol I got a good chuckle out of the Edit hand. I like it though. The tree shaker is one item I won't be buying because I don't like doing any of the work on my farm myself. Yes, I'm one lazy farmer! haha Now I just need for my bank account to be replenished so I can buy the Furniture Shop!

SirDaywalker Jul 16 2010 11:44 PM

Awesome, now no one will see me surface for like months again.

:D

Do the Turkeys go into a Coop to harvest?
:rolleyes:

Oh, and Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:D:D:D

rls Jul 16 2010 11:45 PM

My wineries disappeared after the latest update. Thanks

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 16 2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirDaywalker (Post 3730002)
Awesome, now no one will see me surface for like months again.

:D

Do the Turkeys go into a Coop to harvest?
:rolleyes:

Oh, and Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:D:D:D

Yes the turkeys get harvested by the coop :)

rls Jul 16 2010 11:47 PM

And their back

Farmer_Susan Jul 16 2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyD (Post 3729870)
LOL i want the furniture store just cause it is just soooo cool looking LOL is that bad or what???

I KNOW!!! I bought first, THEN looked to see what it does! LOL I love it!

JAS0643 Jul 16 2010 11:54 PM

Pineapples are no longer the highest paying crop out there. Ginseng sells for 515 self harvest and if my calculations are right the hired harvest should be 618 with the harvester making 129. I know it is not that much more then pineapples but it is a little more.

callout3 Jul 16 2010 11:58 PM

how come I don't have any of the new features???

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 16 2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callout3 (Post 3730086)
how come I don't have any of the new features???

You have to buy them :)

Or are you saying you don't see them in the store?

midniterose58 Jul 17 2010 12:03 AM

How do you get the tree shaker to harvest 32 trees at once? I can't get more than 4 at once.

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 17 2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midniterose58 (Post 3730106)
How do you get the tree shaker to harvest 32 trees at once? I can't get more than 4 at once.

It appears the trees have to be super close together. I have close ones and I got about 12. I had further apart ones and could get 2...but it's a great item already!

SparkyTX Jul 17 2010 12:04 AM

Thanks so much for all the updates - was pretty sure of farm #5 when i saw the realignment of the diamonds, but the other stuff is gravy, thanks

Mrs Borgies Jul 17 2010 12:05 AM

Trust me to post in the wrong thread! Sorry about that Mods but my excuse is I was beside myself with excitement. :eek::D

As I said, a wonderful update! Thanks so much for the fifth farm. I still have the 24x24 to buy and happy that I now have to earn money (something to work for) so that I can spend it.

The graphics for the new facilities are awesome!

And yes, I keep saying it but you guys ROCK!!!

anniesgrannie Jul 17 2010 12:07 AM

Thanks for the 5th farm! I've already bought my 5th and built it up to 24x24. I love all the new features. Thanks again!

midniterose58 Jul 17 2010 12:08 AM

Never mind, I figured it out!

MI5 Jul 17 2010 12:09 AM

There are problems with to the one it manufactures of ice cream I have mango brown coconut and coffee milled strawberries and I cannot take place.

thank you for a prompt solution

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 17 2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MI5 (Post 3730158)
There are problems with to the one it manufactures of ice cream I have mango brown coconut and coffee milled strawberries and I cannot take place.

thank you for a prompt solution

You also need milk and sugar.

sueripper@gmail.com Jul 17 2010 12:35 AM

Love the new facilities and seeds. Have my 5 th farm as big as it will let me-when does #6 come out-it will truly be an insanity farm then.

MeganGG Jul 17 2010 12:35 AM

Love the new stuff. The new facilities are really nice looking and smaller so they fit easier. I love the variety in the natural one and the hand tool is so helpful. I wish I had it when I was moving all my trees around!

SueW170 Jul 17 2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meranna (Post 3729854)
LUV the Natural Remedy Shop and new seeds...BUT... no ROSEMARY in there, which we already have??????? It is the ultimate calming/soothing aid :-) devs missed the boat on that one!

Hope to see these added along with lavender, which would be a new seed & expensive!

Agree re the rosemary and on adding lavender.
Also, sage is used in some remedies and can be made into bundles and burned to clear the air in the house or as a prayer herb by Native American cultures (in addition to being a good seasoning).

Lemom balm is not made from lemons. Lemon balm is a type of mint, used medicinally and in seasoning. As a plant it's an excellent (albeit somewhat aggressive) ground cover in rock gardens and along baths and rock walls.

SueW170 Jul 17 2010 12:38 AM

The Herbal Remedy Shop and probably the Furniture Store will go on my "eventually" list -- along with the non-functional Hardware Store from the last update. Nice to have things to look forward to even though I'm in no rush to acqure them all and love the game more when I do it at a more leisurely pace than some :)

SueW170 Jul 17 2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeronicaT (Post 3729962)
I love the new features! I'm hoping more levels are soon to come and that this time I won't be at the top still. I wanna work to level up again. : ( lol I got a good chuckle out of the Edit hand. I like it though. The tree shaker is one item I won't be buying because I don't like doing any of the work on my farm myself. Yes, I'm one lazy farmer! haha Now I just need for my bank account to be replenished so I can buy the Furniture Shop!

Not getting the tree shaker either. I don't have all that many trees and don't place them in bunches or rows, so rather enjoy virtually "strolling" through my farms, harvesting the fruit and nuts from my trees. Not sure about the Edit hand -- hadn't had occasion to notice it; but can imagine messing up big time using that technique (not being the most coordinated human on earth LOL)

wsbohannon Jul 17 2010 12:48 AM

LOVE all the updates!! really appreciate all the work going into this game! Thank you so very much!!

Trina64 Jul 17 2010 12:48 AM

I am still loosing milk, thought it was fixed as it saved all my milk for abt 2 days now today no milk again :( LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Farm No.5 and new Factories thank you xxx

Chery1ann Jul 17 2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meranna (Post 3729854)

lemon balm is actually a plant not a tree it is similar to mint plant but it would be cool to have lavendar, lemon balm, and use the rosemary why not have a blend like with the vegie tray.

Farmer Rabbit Jul 17 2010 12:50 AM

Love the efforts you are making on all our behalf. A really B I G thank you is due! Kudos.

Phanny Jul 17 2010 12:53 AM

Fantastic- love the new toys. Cheers Dev Team