Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- February 11th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409998)

Raul Feb 11 2011 11:24 PM

New Release -- February 11th, 2011

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 10 new Farm Covers in the Paths/Ground section in the Store:

Dry Grass
Semi Dry Taller Grass
Autumn Grass
Light Brown Plain Land
Brown Plain Land
Dusty Ground
Dirty Ground
Asphalt Ground
Sand Cover
Water Cover

2. New Filters in Facility Manager: You can now filter your facilities in the Facility Manager using the Filter icon below the Sort icon. These are the available filters:

- Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in Current Farm
- Active Facilities in All Farms
Active Facilities are facilities that have at least one product with Pending or Done productions. We are still missing one filter 'Facilities in All Farms' which we will be releasing in the future, but having the 'Active Facilities in All Farms' in the meantime should help.

Also, the 'Pending' text in each Facility is now green when there is at least one product that you can make on that facility.

3. Forklift Tool (FC): Allows you to use the 'Store All' button in the Facility Manager to Store All products in one Facility with one click. This tool consumes 1 fuel for each different type of product it stores.

4. Start +30 Batches with one click: There is a +30 button in each facility that will allow you to start up to 30 batches at once.

5. Tree Shaker 8 x 8 (FC): If you already own the Tree Shaker 8 x 4, then you can by this new Tree Shaker to harvest trees twice as fast, up to 64 at a time.

6. Increased Item Storage capacity: You have now 10 slots available on your Item Storage for each neighbour you have, a 100% increase.

7. Flower Fertilizer: If you own the Orange Manure Spreader, when you fertilize your farms, your flowers will be fertilized as well.

8. The Harvest and Sell option and other popups removed: From now on, when you harvest, all your harvest will go to your storage. Also, popups when storing baits in Gift Box and when moving to the pending tabs in a Facility have been removed.

9. Bottom Advertisings removed: We decided to remove the bottom ads in the game to improve players experience until we are absolutly sure they will not interfere with the game performance. In the meantime, we may show some holidays farmcash offers.

10. Corrupted items in farms are now hidden automatically: Ocassionally there were items in the farm that could not be deleted or moved, specially plow or gone to waste fields, those items are now hidden.

11. Optimizations when working at neighbour facilities: You should experience much less timeouts because of this. Also, when experiencing timeouts you will have the option to retry the operation to avoid reloading your farm and losing context, for ex: you can continue working after hired.

12. Users that don't own the Red Manure Spreader can now send the Orange Manure Spreader to their neighbours as a Gift: However the recipient of the gift still needs to own the *Red* Manure Spreader for you to be able to send the *Orange* Manure Spreader.

13. Drying Facility (Coins): Allows you to produce dried Fruits and Veggies.

Raisins
Dried Plums
Dried Figs
Dried Mushrooms
Dried Split Peas
Dried Apricots
Dried Pears
Sweet Dried Cranberries

14. Soup Restaurant (FC): Allows you to make soups. You can produce Cream in the Diary Processing Plant.

Tomato Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
French Onion Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cream of Mushrooms
Lobster Soup
Beef Chili Soup

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Double T Dude Ranch Feb 11 2011 11:26 PM

Fantastic Raul and devs!

kiwirick Feb 11 2011 11:28 PM

YAY Thanks heaps :)

usmcmom2008 Feb 11 2011 11:30 PM

yay!!! and i just thoughti was going to bed!!!:p

Rob T Feb 11 2011 11:31 PM

Thankyou so much Raul and all the devs :) great release :)

Ilsewdm Feb 11 2011 11:32 PM

Thanks for the new releases. I noticed that my flowers were suddenly fertilized! Great stuff. I haven't checked anything yet, but doesn't French Onion Soup require CHEESE? Please, please, please...do something about the lack of cheese. I have EIGHT dairies and never have enough cheese for all the facilities.
Ok, enough whining. I have work to do, lol.

FarmerWitch Feb 11 2011 11:34 PM

A Wonderful update! Thanks you soooo much. (Perhaps the store all storable items on the gifts will come in the next upgrade ? .... Pretty 'Please')

MarlaKay Feb 11 2011 11:34 PM

You "guys/gals" are the GREATEST!!!! Thanks again for a great GREAT update!!!! :)

alyceclover Feb 11 2011 11:35 PM

Nice! Thank you.

bob07 Feb 11 2011 11:36 PM

Love it already,
Thanks

JAS0643 Feb 11 2011 11:37 PM

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to play with all the new stuff. One question, if people can send the orange manure spreader even if the person getting the spreader doesn't have the red one does that mean they can fertilize crops with out the red spreader of do they still have to buy the read spreader.

Cookie01 Feb 11 2011 11:42 PM

Aaaaawwwwwsome. Thank you so much. :D

kazzaqld Feb 11 2011 11:44 PM

Great - thank you devs!:D

ScottLanter Feb 11 2011 11:44 PM

I see the floating coins, floating XP and floating crops are still present with the new update...even though they hog CPU and serve no functional purpose. :rolleyes:

CaroleSB Feb 11 2011 11:46 PM

woooo hooooo!!! I knew those timeouts meant good things were coming!! LOL

Thanks, Devs! You're the greatest!

bob07 Feb 11 2011 11:46 PM

There are facilities showing up that I don't own in the facility manager, I only own 1 Smokehouse but 2 are showing up in the Manager but not on the farm. It only happens on the All Facilities view
Thanks

RickSGM Feb 11 2011 11:49 PM

Good going.

That "other" farm game could take a few lessons from you all. I used to play it too, but those popups were too aggravating, and such limits of room on it too. Thank you all for letting an old geezer enjoy a good game with plenty of ground to work on.
:D

jmdoda4438@comcast.net Feb 11 2011 11:50 PM

Thank you so much, just filled my facilities in record time!! Love it!!

justmecookin Feb 11 2011 11:50 PM

Thank you Raul

annie2011 Feb 11 2011 11:50 PM

thats great woohoo, just wondering if there will be a level upgrade again lol.

TraceyMush Feb 11 2011 11:51 PM

Way more item storage! YEAH!!!
Thanks guys for the awesome free game!!!

Lavenda Feb 11 2011 11:54 PM

woohoo! A use for figs, apricots & plums! Water & sand covers! Soups! I'm a happy girl, thanks Devs :)

VeronicaT Feb 11 2011 11:54 PM

I'm so happy to get more storage for each neighbor! And I love that the fertilizer now works on flowers. Hopefully I won't run out anymore but I have about two days to find out if I now have enough of all my fowers or if I'm doomed to plant more. lol Haven't gotten either new facility yet but I will soon. I have to buy FC of course but that's okay because I was planning on it anyway. I don't care for the forklift esp since it's 45 FC nor do I care for the new treeshaker even though it's not too expensive. But I'm not being forced to buy either one so I won't. I love this game! To those who cry about cheese, post a link and have two or three neighbors help! If you don't have neighbors who play still, create new accounts! Heck, I did and I rarely run out of cheese and I only have dairy plants on 5 farms!

Mrs Borgies Feb 11 2011 11:54 PM

A wonderful update.....thank you so much :)

I would like to add, I doubt that I will buy the Forklift but then if the dairy, Chicken Coop and Wool Shed were added to the facilities list, I might consider it! ;)

susme48 Feb 12 2011 12:05 AM

Okay....had just started this, and the new update notice appeared in the middle...so hopefully I can edit all the stuff out that no longer applies! :)

So far this is great!! Lovely job on this wonderful game!! Kudoes to all of you!!!

However, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!! I just dumped my plums and apricot trees...rofl!! I opted for more mulberry and rubber trees!

I like the new things that I have found so far, and I finally got time to play around with the facility manager...VERY nice!! If this old brain can remember it.

I really love this game, I really do...a bit frustrated with all the things that are farmcash only, now that we are on a fixed income, there is a lot less to use for games.

While I love, love, love that the store or sell popup is gone...I am missing all the trees I harvested during the changeover...sigh. It says I have no olives, and I just harvested a large number of them.

I also noticed that even tho' I worked about 5 or 6 farms since late last night, got around 3-5 wedding dresses, and I refilled and emptied my facility for quite a few more(sorry I never expected to need to know how many...this is just one example) all that is in my storage is 5 dresses.

It does make me afraid to harvest the rest of my trees, I don't want to loose all my silk worms and other hard to get harvests.

But, I guess if all I loose is a little money, I think I will totally like the new update anyway!! Thank you so much for all your work.

Gonna try the cache thing, and reboot to see if my olives return, etc.

PS why does it still say I am just a beginner when I am at level 185?

merchcymraeg Feb 12 2011 12:07 AM

great stuff but would love to know how i get a kidney bean for the soup ty

Rob T Feb 12 2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merchcymraeg (Post 4446426)
great stuff but would love to know how i get a kidney bean for the soup ty

you plant kidney beans from the seeds in the store :)

acidrazzor Feb 12 2011 12:10 AM

love the new stuff thanks hate to wine but can we plz get cheese production down to an hour we have so many things that need cheese hope to see it in the next upgrade.

merchcymraeg Feb 12 2011 12:10 AM

just seen some kidney bean seeds ty so i have answered my own question and thanks to rob 2

Double T Dude Ranch Feb 12 2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susme48 (Post 4446422)
PS why does it still say I am just a beginner when I am at level 185?

Because the linking on the forum is broken :)

lesaw Feb 12 2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch (Post 4446274)
Fantastic Raul and devs!

thanks.....

Socrate Feb 12 2011 12:16 AM

One little issue

I really love the new drying and soup facility. The new kidney bean crop is also nice..I'm happy that it is an 8 hour crop. I especially love that the new facilities need tree produce from trees that can mostly be purchased from the store and is not dependent on gifts. I have tons of friends and get lots of gifts but receiving them and exchanging them is still slow and tedious.

What I am disappointed in is when I go to work on the facilities on a friend's farm I am not seeing the blue "click to work" rectangular button on each product. It was so easy to tell at a glance which product needed to be worked. Now I need to hover over each and every product to see if there is available production. This is a step backward.

Not finished testing this but we are thinking right now that it will also let you work the same facility twice on a neighbors farm. You might want to check that.

Love the game, keep up the great work!

Cookie01 Feb 12 2011 12:19 AM

Just a slight concern. Sorry. The facility manager is showing facilities I don't have. I only have, for example, one chocolate factory, but I'm seeing three. Am I doing something daft? Advice please? Thank you.

claudiaheeb Feb 12 2011 12:24 AM

Absolutely fantastic !!!! Great job that you are all doing.... Thank you so much:):):):)

TerriFlynn Feb 12 2011 12:27 AM

A possible solution for the cheese, as my friend Floyd has suggested, would be to have different types of cheese. Mozzarela for pizza...swiss for mushroom burger...parmasean for salads, jarlesburg for french onion soup, cheddar for mac and cheese, etc........

Jwebb Feb 12 2011 12:28 AM

First of all I want to thank you guys for the new additions, they're great :) There is a small glitch in the matrix... In the facilities manager, when you go to "activate facilities in all farms", it even pulls up the facilities in storage. When I put a facility in storage, it's because I want it Inactive. It even shows the farm number that the facility it was on before I put it in storage. This is very confusing! Thanks for you quick attention on this matter :)

Ilsewdm Feb 12 2011 12:29 AM

So far, "Active Facilities in All Farms" and "Store All" buttons are fabulous. I'm hoping that the forklift will eventually end up on the extended tool bar!??

Greyclan Feb 12 2011 12:31 AM

Thank you soooo much, this is a great update :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilsewdm (Post 4446538)
So far, "Active Facilities in All Farms" and "Store All" buttons are fabulous. I'm hoping that the forklift will eventually end up on the extended tool bar!??

I have my forklift in storage and the store all still works.

Big Honking Toe Feb 12 2011 12:32 AM

The update is quite nice and I love the fact I can now use the facility manager and do all farms at once(Very Awesome). I also love that facility's can be filled 300% or more faster and that annoying option to harvest and sell is gone.

There is one thing that needs to be added and it's fairly simple. We need the option to filter our storage by planted crops so it only shows stuff we can plant in the ground and exclude stuff from tree's. It's a small thing, but it would make it much easier to plant crops if I can tell faster what to plant.

Also I was thinking why is it when we work on neighbors farms we can't just use the facility manager and have it tell us which ones have work?

Double T Dude Ranch Feb 12 2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilsewdm (Post 4446538)

You don't need it on the tool bar as you access it in the facility manager :)