Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- August 14th, 2014 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602846)

Raul Aug 14 2014 11:08 AM

New Release -- August 14th, 2014

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last info posted on September 2nd, 5:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 32 New Decorations:

5 Produce Sacks, 13 Flying Birds and 6 Decorative Mushrooms -> Farm Decor Category
5 Trees in Pots -> Other Category
3 Mud Patches -> Paths Category

2. 40 x 40 Farm Expansions for farms 6 - 10: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

3. 3 New Crops, Blue Agave, Honeydew and Parsnip: Some of them will be used in Facilities in the near future.

4. 12 x 12 tools: The Seeder and the Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 12x12 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 144 fields at a time.

5. Dan 7 for Fish

6. Cooperative Quests (coming in abount 2 weeks): These new Quests will be all about interacting with your friends, there are still a few details to decide but so far here is the plan:

- They will be completely separate from the current Quests and will have it's own Cooperative Quest Manager
- The owner must always complete the last Quest step by itself and complete the rest of the Quest steps by interacting and cooperating with the quests of their friends
- The owner can request help on up to N steps per Quest
- A friend will be able to help you on a certain amount of steps per Quest
- When you help a friend on a Quest step you may also be helping you at the same time in some of your Quest steps
- The picture of the friend who helped you in a particular Quest step will be shown on the Quest step
- When visiting friends we will show the Cooperative Quest icon at the bottom so you can open his/her Cooperative Quest Manager and offer your help
- In the first release the rewards will be only coins until we fine tune the system, later on we will offer Farm Cash prizes as well
- In future releases we will also offer a way to post in your wall announcing that you need help in your Cooperative Quests

7. Honey Derivatives Factory (FC): Produces Honey Derivatives.

Honey Butter
Blood Pressure Fixer
Health Booster Tonic
Immune Booster Syrup
Facial Hair Removal
Facial Bar
Sensitive Skin Cream
All Skin Cream

8. Dental Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Dental Supplies.

Impression Tray
Dental Cotton Rolls
Dental Cups
Dental Tools
Dental Anatomy Print
Dental Bridge
Spit Bowl
Material Mixer Bowl

9. Honey Store (FC): Provides Honey Derivatives Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Honey Derivatives Factory.

10. Dental Clinic (Coins): Provides Dental Care Services and can be stocked with products from the Dental Supplies Factory.

11. New Products on existing facilities:

Royal Jelly, Propolis and Honeycomb in the Bee Farm.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - August 16th, 2:30AM EST

- Added belt and dans for the 3 new crops launched on these release.

Post Release Updates - September 2nd, 5:00PM EST

- The cooperative quests is taking more time than expected, we should have the first version completed by sometime next week.

Fred Bee Aug 14 2014 11:11 AM

cool, so glad to see the new release

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

whosyou? Aug 14 2014 11:23 AM

2nd..wow..not expecting one till next week.rock on

Janice Ligon Aug 14 2014 11:26 AM

new release

I just bought the new 12x12 seeder and it is not to be found on my farm or storage. This is a FC item. I want the problem fixed please.

FarmerWitch Aug 14 2014 11:31 AM

Thank you! Off to investigate!

JW2009 Aug 14 2014 11:32 AM

Thank you very much :)

blurom Aug 14 2014 11:33 AM

You never disappoint this Farmer... Thank You!!

Lee Ann Aug 14 2014 11:34 AM

Farm Town Rocks !

Thanks:p for all you all put into this game to make it so much fun !

ceciliawells33 Aug 14 2014 11:41 AM

ty ty ty xxx :D

jmdoda4438@comcast.net Aug 14 2014 11:43 AM

Thank you!!!!

Dutch85 Aug 14 2014 11:47 AM

WOW! I left FT to do a few chores around the house and came back to a new release! No more chores for me today!!!!!! Awesome update Raul! Thank you SO much!

mac16129 Aug 14 2014 11:50 AM

Thank you for another fantastic update from the marvelous minds of our awesome developers.

marymarcel Aug 14 2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janice Ligon (Post 5859902)
I just bought the new 12x12 seeder and it is not to be found on my farm or storage. This is a FC item. I want the problem fixed please.

Hi Janice!

According to your data, your seeder 12x12 is in your storage. Please open your storage, click in Items and set it to Tools. Thank you!:)

gffarmer Aug 14 2014 12:06 PM

Thanks for the update. Great as usual!!

SeaJay Aug 14 2014 12:08 PM

UH OH!!!!! Belly up. Bring on the Tequila!! Hahaha. Let me buy ya a drink, Raul. :)
Off to go check it all out!

Petuniaflower Aug 14 2014 12:19 PM

The 2 shops are cute.Look like they belong in a Swiss Village.:D

DianeCK Aug 14 2014 12:30 PM

thank you so much been waiting great new release..

rodneycs Aug 14 2014 12:32 PM

We haven't the bulldozer yet for 10 x 10 so why carry on with the 12 x 12?? Even better would be a harvest and delete tool. I see no use at all for the havest and plant tools at all. Still the glitches with load facilities still not fixed for Vanilla Ice Cream, Peace essence, rum have not been fixed.

knolan Aug 14 2014 12:41 PM

I would like to see the requirements for the quests changed. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of days. In order to make it fair for everyone, and not just for those who pay real monies to play, but also to allow the beginners the ability to feel like they can compete with their peers. Please, remove the 7 day- 8 quests limit and allow us to collect 2 farmcash when we reach 8 quests completion, regardless of how long it takes someone to finish.

rjohn726 Aug 14 2014 12:47 PM

Looking good

hurican Aug 14 2014 12:49 PM

hi
Thank you for the new release ...... there are a few items that need an increase in production ...... Aluminum an stainless steel sheets .... with the new release .... they each supply 89 an 88 items in facilities ..... the ore supply for each needs to be increased as well .
Kaolin rock, gold nuggets, pile of silver ....... all need to be increased .... with 23 mines ....kaolin rock only produces 15,230 units per week ...... thats used up in one day in facilities ...... we have no other source for these raw materials.
We still need more production on chicken an red meat ......... truck supplies last only 2 days.
I enjoy the game ......its awesome !! .thank you for all your hard work ......... gives me many hrs of serenity.

Earl

GoalieAunt Aug 14 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 5859890)
Hi There,

3. 3 New Crops, Blue Agave, Honeydew and Parsnip: Some of them will be used in Facilities in the near future.

Right now the belts are not turned on for the three new crops.:eek: :p

tengunn Aug 14 2014 12:52 PM

Thank you for another fantastic release. I don't think I will ever tire of this game.

In response to the comment about removing the days to get the 8 quest for 2 farm cash. I always get the 2 farm cash usually in 8 days, sometimes 9 days. What I do is I don't do the last step of the quest until I have 4 or 5 ready to complete. Some of them expire faster so you have to complete them. This way I always get 2 farm cash.

I love the quest. I think they are so fun.

Thank you again for all your hard work making this game so fun for all of us.

Debi Ryan Aug 14 2014 01:14 PM

thank U for the updates....great Birthday gift...whoooyooooo

Vicky Vine Aug 14 2014 01:31 PM

bliky Aug 14 2014 01:36 PM

Looks great! Thanks devs.

FCM Aug 14 2014 01:40 PM

Very nice release. I agree that iron ore needs to be increased in production as well as chicken, honey, silver nuggets and mussel containers. PLEASE increase production of these at least

SeaJay Aug 14 2014 02:32 PM

Awwwww. Number 6 sounds completely awesome. I like the idea that you can just visit and have the option to help by opening up the (new) quest manager. YAY. Reasons to interact with our own neighbors more. Love it.

mduby Aug 14 2014 02:39 PM

Thank you Raul!! Looks like excitement, challenge, aand a whole lotta fun!!

Qivis Aug 14 2014 02:49 PM

Oh goody. More 2 hour items to get my 500 million point goal... oh wait a sec. I just reached that last week! Time for a new goal for the year! Aiming for 750 million by Christmas 2014 then.... :p

JW2009 Aug 14 2014 02:59 PM

Or ATLEAST Fix The "Trade" lifeline so we can trade anything, not just certain things !
Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 5859970)
I would like to see the requirements for the quests changed. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of days. In order to make it fair for everyone, and not just for those who pay real monies to play, but also to allow the beginners the ability to feel like they can compete with their peers. Please, remove the 7 day- 8 quests limit and allow us to collect 2 farmcash when we reach 8 quests completion, regardless of how long it takes someone to finish.

rockhopper Aug 14 2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 5859890)

6. Cooperative Quests (coming in abount 2 weeks): These new Quests will be all about interacting with your friends, there are still a few details to decide but so far here is the plan:

- They will be completely separate from the current Quests and will have it's own Cooperative Quest Manager
- The owner must always complete the last Quest step by itself and complete the rest of the Quest steps by interacting and cooperating with the quests of their friends
:confused::confused::confused:- The owner can request help on up to N steps per Quest
- A friend will be able to help you on a certain amount of steps per Quest
- When you help a friend on a Quest step you may also be helping you at the same time in some of your Quest steps
- The picture of the friend who helped you in a particular Quest step will be shown on the Quest step
- When visiting friends we will show the Cooperative Quest icon at the bottom so you can open his/her Cooperative Quest Manager and offer your help
- In the first release the rewards will be only coins until we fine tune the system, later on we will offer Farm Cash prizes as well
- In future releases we will also offer a way to post in your wall announcing that you need help in your Cooperative Quests

:confused:How many steps is N please?

Dave L Aug 14 2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Right now the belts are not turned on for the three new crops.
Yeah, I just discovered that. When I harvested 9 layered farms of one of them. Oh well.

Taz D Aug 14 2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhopper (Post 5860154)
:confused:How many steps is N please?

Hi Rockhopper. That has not been determined yet by the developers. When it is actually released then N will be defined.

Lance75231 Aug 14 2014 04:25 PM

thanks for the updates!!!!

Jean's Farm Aug 14 2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

I would like to see the requirements for the quests stay just like they are. This is possible to do. Read the thread on quests and you can figure out how to do it. This is FREE money whether I get a $1 or $2.

This is the only game I play that gives you free money!!!

Thanks for the new update Raul!!!! You rock!!!! :D :) :D :)

crafty chris Aug 14 2014 04:31 PM

ooh new toys to play with :)

thanks

Texas Belle Aug 14 2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5859958)
The 2 shops are cute.Look like they belong in a Swiss Village.:D

Agree with you, they are really cute.. the new release is great, but no relief as to me spending hours cutting and harvesting trees and flowers.. wish we could have gotten a one click for all of them at one time.. but besides that the guys like always rock... thanks

StoneFace Aug 14 2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

One word.... why???

This is a really good game for a lot of reasons, one of which is the effort required to advance. Would you want to make it "fair" and let new players just have multiple farms and tools and factories, just so they can "compete"??

Personally I would be a little peeved to think that my own efforts and expenditures no longer mattered because now I had to play "fair".

oh... and a new player's "peers" .... are other new players.... and they can compete just fine now.

A new player, at say level 50 with a million coin is not a peer to one who has played for 3,4 or 5 years and accumulated hundreds of factories, tools, etc.

:D

barbara nixon Aug 14 2014 04:45 PM

i see u are helping out the people who don't spend money on fc by coming up with the co-operative quests..nice...