Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434702)

StoneFace Aug 22 2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahra01 (Post 4809262)
OH he did that the last time and a few hours later the update came in.. can we be so lucky again? lol :)

yep.... guess I won't be turning in early tonight.

al_bundy Aug 22 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverdave (Post 4809170)
hmm this sounds promising...we kidnap raul ...must tell Al Bundy lol

well the mayor and Tom the market dude have been held hostage since last week without food or water.

on that not i suppose i should check on them. id hate to turn the Terranora Lakes Country Farms into a Crime Sean

HelenJS22 Aug 22 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 4808790)
Yes, and we all wanted the ugly (in my opinion) Mansion :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo (Post 4808806)
I still use it as my house on my default farm. They have added all the new fangled ones but I have no desire to upgrade. I worked hard for that ugly mansion and I'm keeping it. :D

ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm :)

HelenJS22 Aug 22 2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _a_s_h_ (Post 4808394)
Remember the wait for flowers? "Flowers to be released next week"...month after month after month!

I've noticed the more demanding players now obviously didn't play back then. There were no extra farms, no tools to work them except our old 1x1s (and heaven forbid you click on the wrong box and have to wait for your avatar to circle the entire farm before catching up and allowing you to move on!) and there definitely weren't any quality updates happening. When raspberries came out as a new crop, everyone was shocked because the game had been the same for so long and updates in it were unheard of!

Oh Yeah !!! :eek: The number of times I sat, and sat, and sat waiting impatiently for my wretched little avatar to wander all over the farm, by the very longest route, because I'd had the audacity to accidentally click a single little square out of sequence.

I think that others who have posted recently may well be right in saying that the earliest of players have more patience for the updates now because of the way the game was played in those early months.

We should start our reminiscing posts with 'Back in the old days .....' :D

Taz D Aug 22 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4809302)
ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm :)

This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....:D

Happy pants Aug 22 2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 4809314)
This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....:D

In my father's pyjamas....

Hornyroo Aug 22 2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4809302)

omg yes!!!! i kept it my storage, i know i cuold buy hundreds of the now, but its the point of the thing, back when raspberries and pineapples where un heard off, and pumpkins and mansions were the two biggest goals..

StoneFace Aug 22 2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

It was not that bad.... I had one shoe.... didn't fit well, but I still had one shoe.

levarti2 Aug 22 2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

yours too??????? our parents must have known each other :)

Jwebb Aug 22 2011 06:59 PM

I started farming in the beginning of Feb of 2009 and joined the forum in March. Back in the good ole days is right!! LOL Harvest, plow, plant one by one took FOREVER!! Facilities? There were none. Couldn't wait to get that ugly ole Mansion! HA! Now people can get to the top with their points in the blink of an eye...very frustrating, but I still love farming!! I'm a FT addict for sure :D