Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434702)

holla Aug 29 2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostkitten (Post 4823354)
and seriously do you think the devs care what we think?..........They have their money..So the will put out the new release when they feel like it......We can ***** and wine all we want....But as I watch ppl drop off here and on FB drop off like flies ,i know FT isnt like it use to be......and PSS....We are not mushrooms.so please dont keep us in the dark...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

WOW, really???SO UNCALLED FOR!

dumb to think they dont care..WHAT??

They Listen, they work kinks pronto!, they fit OUR suggestions into the game, THEY are TOP NOTCH, this is the dumbest post ive ever read,Makes NO Sense, and if u think they dont care--why Play??>...ill tell you THINK People, why arent u a Programmer?..u know the COMPLEXITY of a game like this?..im not but i have sense of what it must involve...I aint getting started--makes me mad post after post, we WANT this, we DESERVE this, we DEMAND this..grow up peeps, its a game--u have the right to play and if u dont wanna play dont!....ALOT of us have spent real $ on this game and BY FAR the ONLY game ill EVER spend real $$ on..RAUL and DEVS are TOP NOTCH!..

Taz D Aug 29 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautysmom (Post 4823114)
Mine doesn't--and in Firefox, I had to upgrade to the beta 11 release of FP to work correctly. It cann't integrate with Chrome because FP is built into Chrome, not an add-on as it is with Firefox, Safari and IE.... And I cannot imagine that the devs could do anything to fix an issue with Flashplayer....

If you will uninstall FP 11 beta and reinstall current version both through Firefox and Chrome then it will be just fine for the crops. The developers did make a change to the game to fix the vertical text as posted by the moderators about a week after the release of the messed up Flash Player. Believe me or not I don't care either way, but it is true.

ghostkitten Aug 29 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holla (Post 4823382)
WOW, really???SO UNCALLED FOR!

dumb to think they dont care..WHAT??

They Listen, they work kinks pronto!, they fit OUR suggestions into the game, THEY are TOP NOTCH, this is the dumbest post ive ever read,Makes NO Sense, and if u think they dont care--why Play??>...ill tell you THINK People, why arent u a Programmer?..u know the COMPLEXITY of a game like this?..im not but i have sense of what it must involve...I aint getting started--makes me mad post after post, we WANT this, we DESERVE this, we DEMAND this..grow up peeps, its a game--u have the right to play and if u dont wanna play dont!....ALOT of us have spent real $ on this game and BY FAR the ONLY game ill EVER spend real $$ on..RAUL and DEVS are TOP NOTCH!..

Sweetie I've never said " I want I want". never said " I derseve this and I demand that"..Never...And yep I spend real money too..But really 1st we get that Thread with "Name next farms" ..That was a dead giveaway we weren't getting a release....As for the comment about treating us as mushrooms...ONE posts with now THREE words would have halved these posts..."New Release Delayed"....End of story....

holla Aug 29 2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostkitten (Post 4823390)
Sweetie I've never said " I want I want". never said " I derseve this and I demand that"..Never...And yep I spend real money too..But really 1st we get that Thread with "Name next farms" ..That was a dead giveaway we weren't getting a release....As for the comment about treating us as mushrooms...ONE posts with now THREE words would have halved these posts..."New Release Delayed"....End of story....

Ok then people would be complaining and asking WHY it was delayed,..lol

ok yes i understand the point that they SHOULD be considerate because i know alot of them read these post's and i know it would be Good business practice to keep us in the loop, however u know its always been the same way since the beginning--Have they ever let us know about a delay(maybe once)-dont really know but its been the same since the beginning--why change now---YES i think its wrong to not let us know..OK.i agree, But when people get to the point of saying, they dont care, they got our money--ETC....its Absurd..

I bet this game has gone Further than RAUL or the devs ever had plans for originally when it first started-think about it..
Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

CaroleSB Aug 29 2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holla (Post 4823406)
...........Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

A game....or any program.....stays in "beta" until they quit developing it. I kinda hope it never comes out of beta. That being said, I agree that a version for a gaming console or even as a game for PC's would be sweet. Then, we could be "testing" the next beta....always on the cutting edge. :D

driverdave Aug 29 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holla (Post 4823406)
Ok then people would be complaining and asking WHY it was delayed,..lol

ok yes i understand the point that they SHOULD be considerate because i know alot of them read these post's and i know it would be Good business practice to keep us in the loop, however u know its always been the same way since the beginning--Have they ever let us know about a delay(maybe once)-dont really know but its been the same since the beginning--why change now---YES i think its wrong to not let us know..OK.i agree, But when people get to the point of saying, they dont care, they got our money--ETC....its Absurd..

I bet this game has gone Further than RAUL or the devs ever had plans for originally when it first started-think about it..
Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

but wouldnt that require cross platform interoperability??? or would those of us that dont have an x-box or whatever just keep playing like we are and have no farmtown contact with our friends that have chosen to play it on consoles???

would it not require huge amounts of re-coding to suit the various platforms???

earlgray Aug 29 2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostkitten (Post 4823354)
and seriously do you think the devs care what we think?..........They have their money..So the will put out the new release when they feel like it......We can ***** and wine all we want....But as I watch ppl drop off here and on FB drop off like flies ,i know FT isnt like it use to be......and PSS....We are not mushrooms.so please dont keep us in the dark...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A company that does a very good job of keeping people in the dark is Apple. Even the people who work for them don't know much about what's coming out next or when. It doesn't seem to hurt them too much.

They shouldn't have told us farm 11 and more levels were coming out; it just increased the anticipation. Or not. Having been a programmer in a former life, I'm well aware that one can't predict the problems one is going to run into with a new release. But to say they don't care what we think and they'll put out the next release when they feel like it - that's just wrong.

pachipmunk Aug 29 2011 11:44 PM

Well..I'll be back playing Farmtown when they are done messing with our heads...What the heck is taking so long on this release...it was posted in July...here it is almost September and we're still waiting...

Taz D Aug 29 2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pachipmunk (Post 4823462)
Well..I'll be back playing Farmtown when they are done messing with our heads...What the heck is taking so long on this release...it was posted in July...here it is almost September and we're still waiting...

They didn't say when, just that a new farm and levels would be in the next release. :D

beautysmom Aug 30 2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 4823386)
If you will uninstall FP 11 beta and reinstall current version both through Firefox and Chrome then it will be just fine for the crops. The developers did make a change to the game to fix the vertical text as posted by the moderators about a week after the release of the messed up Flash Player. Believe me or not I don't care either way, but it is true.

Oh? Please point me to that post announcing a fix.... It is not fixed in Chrome, nor will I uninstall the beta 11 version of FP--I couldn't see anything with the vertical 2 or 3 letters.... You are once again (your specialty) being condescending from your (non-moderator) platform....