Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434702)

mduby Aug 01 2011 10:16 PM

Neighbor Bar

I myself don't like the new bar except to know what neighbors are online and playing...that part is nice but please we need to have the order back the way it was. Keep the green dot and put the order of neighbors back. Please please please...:)

swd Aug 01 2011 10:37 PM

Well, that's almost true, but I have one that is green and both trees and crops are fertilized. For the rest, the green ones are not. Maybe there is a bug in the programming.

levarti2 Aug 01 2011 10:45 PM

thanks again for making this game the best. Thanks for making the fertilizer indicators on farms block easily visible. Thanks for changing cat food to catfish instead of the very precious tuna. Thanks for everything. The game just continues to amaze and delight. :-)

Taz D Aug 01 2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swd (Post 4777554)
Well, that's almost true, but I have one that is green and both trees and crops are fertilized. For the rest, the green ones are not. Maybe there is a bug in the programming.

I bet that if you check by moving mouse over the manure truck in the extended toolbox it will tell you that that farm is not fertilized. You have to remember crops, trees and flowers will stay fertilized until harvested even if the farm shows as unfertilized.

pangea009 Aug 01 2011 11:07 PM

lost fuel

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyong (Post 4771786)
Dear Farmtown developer,

I got 2mil+ fuel in my storage and when I refuel, I got only 600K+ refuel.
Another 2mil+ fuel being lost. Pls check. Thank you for your prompt attention.:confused::mad:

Do not refuel until you have used all the fuel you already have. That is why you are loosing the fuel. If you refuel while you still have fuel you loose the fuel you already have LOL what a sentence. But, seriously that is why they have the warning message..... Do not refuel until empty.

anglnwhite Aug 01 2011 11:09 PM

You folks are the best! We ask for an animal tool, and BAM! there it is. We ask for the fertilizer indicator to change, and BAM! it does! My addiction continues because the game continues to improve and to keep my interest. Thank you!

Now ... if you could please manage to eliminate the need to cycle through all facilities on a farm when I accidentally go back to a farm I have already worked, I would be forever grateful. Either that, or tell me what I can do differently :).

Thanks again Devs!

Original Tee Aug 01 2011 11:09 PM

i LOVE the change to the fertilized farms - i couldn't see that blurry highlight at all - the change is perfect! the development team for FarmTown listens to the players and quickly fix problems. that is why this is the only online game i still play!

Original Tee Aug 01 2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglnwhite (Post 4777582)
You folks are the best! We ask for an animal tool, and BAM! there it is. We ask for the fertilizer indicator to change, and BAM! it does! My addiction continues because the game continues to improve and to keep my interest. Thank you!

Now ... if you could please manage to eliminate the need to cycle through all facilities on a farm when I accidentally go back to a farm I have already worked, I would be forever grateful. Either that, or tell me what I can do differently :).

Thanks again Devs!

i do that, too. to get out of it i just load a different farm. if you have your flash window large enough you can see the indicators to choose a different farm.

mduby Aug 01 2011 11:18 PM

Yes and also if you try to fertilize while your avatar is still working on your farm it won't work until he's done...such as planting and u forgot to fertilize ..well wait till he's done with what you've already done and then fertilize. To show it being fertilized in the farms boxes in the upper left you must refresh your farm.

al_bundy Aug 01 2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mduby (Post 4777530)
I myself don't like the new bar except to know what neighbors are online and playing...that part is nice but please we need to have the order back the way it was. Keep the green dot and put the order of neighbors back. Please please please...:)

no no no please leave it how it is now it is so much better i dont have to scroll through 110 neighbours to find one online

Geronica Aug 01 2011 11:28 PM

I absolutely love ALL the updates.....Please DO NOT change them unless your ADDING TO the FEATURES

Original Tee Aug 01 2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4777610)
no no no please leave it how it is now it is so much better i dont have to scroll through 110 neighbours to find one online

i agree - i love this change!

Raine Logan Aug 01 2011 11:29 PM

like the improved graphics in the cereal factory. maybe a few others could be touched up too ... like the urine sample pot in the cosmetics factory.

also loving the farm selector showing us which farms have been fertilized. little things like that help so much. :)

Original Tee Aug 01 2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 4771374)
See

Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates:

3. Quests/Requests Dialogs priority improved:
- Quests dialogs should not interfere with other Requests dialogs anymore, if there is a hire request dialog open a new quest dialog will not close the hire request dialog
- Hire, Trade, Design Together and Add Body requests, once they appear on the screen, you will have to accept them or close them in order to see other Hire, Trade, Design Together or Add Body requests.
- No need to reload anymore to do another trade with the same user

Thank you so much for these bug fixes!

al_bundy Aug 02 2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raine Logan (Post 4777626)
like the improved graphics in the cereal factory. maybe a few others could be touched up too ... like the urine sample pot in the cosmetics factory.

also loving the farm selector showing us which farms have been fertilized. little things like that help so much. :)

im assuming that is a joke "urine sample pot" i don't have that item in my cosmetics factory

al_bundy Aug 02 2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

See Known Issues, Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates at the end of this post.

10. The Premium Cat Food now requires Catfish instead of Tuna

My Cat wants to make a complaint being the fussy eater that he is he walks around the plate scratching trying to bury the food.

it seems he does not like catfish and liked the taste of tuna better :D

Bonnie Jo Aug 02 2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4777702)
im assuming that is a joke "urine sample pot" i don't have that item in my cosmetics factory

I think they meant the hair wax and they are right, that is what it kind of looks like in the picture.

ArtsyLady Aug 02 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglnwhite (Post 4777582)

Thanks again Devs!

I agree - the developers are fantastic!

Also, I'm so glad someone else figured out a way to describe the problem with facility work! It's so frustrating to be forced to go to each of the already worked facilities when I've forgotten that I've already gone to a farm! I do hope that there is a way to change this - maybe one that says "Sorry - you have already worked all the facilities on this farm today, please go to the next farm." LOL

maggiel29 Aug 02 2011 01:31 AM

Change of Catfish for Prem cat food instead of Tuna

Something has gone wrong with the list of items in the help screen since this change.
Catfish only shows as needed for Premium Cat food when it also makes Cat fish cakes in the Fish and Chip shop.
Canned Tuna is only showing as needed for Rainbow Rolls when it makes a Tuna sandwich in the Sandwich restaurant.
I have also posted this in the Help and Support section under the new release thread - but thought I would add it here so people know.

al_bundy Aug 02 2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 4777734)
Something has gone wrong with the list of items in the help screen since this change.
Catfish only shows as needed for Premium Cat food when it also makes Cat fish cakes in the Fish and Chip shop.
Canned Tuna is only showing as needed for Rainbow Rolls when it makes a Tuna sandwich in the Sandwich restaurant.
I have also posted this in the Help and Support section under the new release thread - but thought I would add it here so people know.

thay show correct for me

canned tuna is only used for tuna sandwhich
and the catfish shows both prem cat food and cat fish cakes

ArtsyLady Aug 02 2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

New products coming tomorrow.

Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates:

3. Quests/Requests Dialogs priority improved:
- Quests dialogs should not interfere with other Requests dialogs anymore, if there is a hire request dialog open a new quest dialog will not close the hire request dialog
- Hire, Trade, Design Together and Add Body requests, once they appear on the screen, you will have to accept them or close them in order to see other Hire, Trade, Design Together or Add Body requests.
- No need to reload anymore to do another trade with the same user

Last edited by Raul; Yesterday at 09:04 PM.

Tomorrow..... Yesterday.... hmmmm.... one of the things I've always wanted changed is that there isn't a way to know the exact date an update to a message was posted. And even what we do figure out seems not to happen (if it was yesterday, then today is tomorrow so where are the promised things?). :eek: LOL

What are "Add Body requests" :confused:

I love so many of the changes. There is something I'd love to add, though. I would love to have a way to see the messages I've sent to a friend. So many times someone responds to something and I can't remember what it's about! LOL

Mrs Borgies Aug 02 2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtsyLady (Post 4777742)
Tomorrow..... Yesterday.... hmmmm.... one of the things I've always wanted changed is that there isn't a way to know the exact date an update to a message was posted. And even what we do figure out seems not to happen (if it was yesterday, then today is tomorrow so where are the promised things?). :eek: LOL

Hi there, Raul was here todayand we get the facility stuff tomorrow, but you will see he has improved on some areas earlier today! (6 hours ago) :)

I am thinking that the "Add Body requests" is Add Buddy....a typo error...only time will tell if I am wrong. :D

Caren Katsmom Aug 02 2011 02:30 AM

It's officially Tomorrow in California. I'm just saying... :D

JAS0643 Aug 02 2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtsyLady (Post 4777742)

I love so many of the changes. There is something I'd love to add, though. I would love to have a way to see the messages I've sent to a friend. So many times someone responds to something and I can't remember what it's about! LOL

At the bottom of the message it will say when it was last edited.

kahra01 Aug 02 2011 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom (Post 4777758)

lol and in Australia.. its the day after tomorrow! and the "few days" is now turning into 5... Im learning the art of patience.... but oh its hard indeed lol

Whoopsidaisy Aug 02 2011 05:58 AM

The two best improvements you have ever come up with-showing if a farm is fertilized at a glance and the amount of a crop stored just by sliding my mouse over the seeds in the store! THANK YOU!! I don't know how you do it but you keep improving a game I already thought was the best. Love it :)

krypto Aug 02 2011 06:02 AM

The dev's changed the indicator for fertilized crops to a shade of greenish brown (appropriate), so some of the changes are happening :)

maggiel29 Aug 02 2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4777738)
thay show correct for me

canned tuna is only used for tuna sandwhich
and the catfish shows both prem cat food and cat fish cakes

Silly me - I didnt spot the catfish cakes next to the pictures of cat food! Or the can of tuna next to the rainbow rolls.

maggiel29 Aug 02 2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom (Post 4777758)

Its been "tomorrow" in the UK too for nearly 13 hours- not sure what time the last edited time shows. Is it my local time or some US time?

maggiel29 Aug 02 2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 4777842)
Its been "tomorrow" in the UK too for nearly 13 hours- not sure what time the last edited time shows. Is it my local time or some US time?

Just found my answer to that - the time I visited last (a minute ago) is showing as 6.45 am and it is 12.50 here in the UK now so I guess its showing the US Central time on the forum????
So is tomorrow today (Monday) as Raul posted on Sunday?? Just saying!!! Unless the poor bloke is up working to keep us happy at silly o'clock I guess we have to at least wait for him to eat breakfast!

StoneFace Aug 02 2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 4777850)
Just found my answer to that - the time I visited last (a minute ago) is showing as 6.45 am and it is 12.50 here in the UK now so I guess its showing the US Central time on the forum????
So is tomorrow today (Monday) as Raul posted on Sunday?? Just saying!!! Unless the poor bloke is up working to keep us happy at silly o'clock I guess we have to at least wait for him to eat breakfast!

I am waiting on breakfast too,,,,,

waiting for the blueberry pancakes with syrup

Farmer Shelton Aug 02 2011 07:12 AM

premium catfood ingredient change

THANK YOU for changing the ingredients in premium cat food!! I kept running out of tuna!

artisanrox Aug 02 2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

4. Fertilizer effect in farm selector changed to a yellowish, solid color. It also updates automatically when you fertilize a farm, no need to reload.

That's especially smart. I didn't know how to say it, but the "glow" wasn't in the right direction. On some squares the glow was inside the boxes, and some squares it was outside.

This is much better. :)

Quote:

8. All Cereal boxes now have different colors so you can differentiate them better

9. The Tench fish was removed from all water items so you have more chances for other fresh water fish. All fish now have a use, except the Sturgeon which will be used in the next release

10. The Premium Cat Food now requires Catfish instead of Tuna
Awesome! :cool:

al_bundy Aug 02 2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

See Known Issues, Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates at the end of this post.

9. The Tench fish was removed from all water items so you have more chances for other fresh water fish. All fish now have a use, except the Sturgeon which will be used in the next release

Walleys & Northern Pike from the frozen lake also dont have a use.

rjohn726 Aug 02 2011 08:05 AM

like the color code for a fertilized farm

HelenJS22 Aug 02 2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy (Post 4777814)
The two best improvements you have ever come up with-showing if a farm is fertilized at a glance and the amount of a crop stored just by sliding my mouse over the seeds in the store! THANK YOU!! I don't know how you do it but you keep improving a game I already thought was the best. Love it :)

Showing the amount of crop we have already stored, and an option to show the crop with the least stored at the top is FANTASTIC.

Caren Katsmom Aug 02 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Shelton (Post 4777866)
THANK YOU for changing the ingredients in premium cat food!! I kept running out of tuna!

The Premium Cat Food used raw Tuna, right out of the water... not Canned Tuna, made in the Food Preservatives Facility. I have plenty of raw Tuna, and only one FP facility (which costs Farm Cash)... so the change won't make much difference to me. I still have an ongoing shortage of Canned Tuna for sandwiches... which I expect will always be the case. :rolleyes:

krypto Aug 02 2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom (Post 4777950)
The Premium Cat Food used raw I still have an ongoing shortage of Canned Tuna for sandwiches... which I expect will always be the case. :rolleyes:

Canned tuna has always been short if you want to fill the factory to 100% capacity - even trilping the output might not make enought to fill it - maybe the devs will adjust the canned tuna output like they did for cheese some day.

krypto Aug 02 2011 09:53 AM

trilping? fat fingered funny - tripling

kittykat1958 Aug 02 2011 11:02 AM

syrup from what maple tree will it come from the red or the yetllow,ive seen some say the red one the some say the yellow one please help i want to plant the right one so that i will have plenty when release comes

Thanks