Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434702)

Grumpa Aug 26 2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4815622)
Thanks Jas, there is very little coverage on Aussie TV, I've tracked it on the net to a certain degree, but haven't heard from my friend today.

The storms wind field is about 430 miles wide.

Miami didn't have hurricane winds but they did have tropical storms winds then.

StoneFace Aug 26 2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieGecko (Post 4815106)
King of Wit... half the time. Could this be interpreted then as half a wit? Heh heh heh OMG SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? I'm turning into a Godzilla instead of a friendly gecko. I told you before...give me farm 11 and noone gets hurt.

Oh and for the record StoneFace. Keep up the good work. At least I can smile now in betweeen my misery. :D:D:D

common denominator between the smile of a baby, and the smile of an old person..... gas

Valdoe Aug 26 2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4815618)
yes its nothing to do with farmtown

it is on my block list as i believe it to be a data collecting scam

yep it is... and all it is to send gifts one at a time... a waste of time.. false advertising making you think new version of game

StoneFace Aug 26 2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4815338)
I dont think the mayor or tom the market dude will last untill next week so there might be job vacancies if the update dont come soon

What's the deal....

If you go to Slashkey - Jobs ..... there are openings for Farm Town game developers and programmers.... it seems the current ones no longer work for the company. :eek:

I also noticed that there are new members on Farm Town working their new farms 24/7 trying to get a Red Mansion and other stuff.... and reach level 235..... they claim that they are better farmers than us old timers, just because they are former game developers and programmers. :confused:

:D

AussieGecko Aug 26 2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 4815662)
common denominator between the smile of a baby, and the smile of an old person..... gas

And my kitten. See him go dreamy eyed and you know you gotta move fast.

Are we there yet?:rolleyes:

ghostkitten Aug 26 2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 4815682)
What's the deal....

If you go to Slashkey - Jobs ..... there are openings for Farm Town game developers and programmers.... it seems the current ones no longer work for the company. :eek:

I also noticed that there are new members on Farm Town working their new farms 24/7 trying to get a Red Mansion and other stuff.... and reach level 235..... they claim that they are better farmers than us old timers, just because they are former game developers and programmers. :confused:

Your kidding right

al_bundy Aug 26 2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 4815682)
What's the deal....

those jobs have been there a long time now the page may be outdated by years

kosp41302 Aug 26 2011 07:52 AM

DANG! i was really expecting an update when i got up this morning. bummed that there isn't one :( i'm hoping it comes while i am at our state fair today. that way i can mess around with it when i get back. its been 2 weeks since i had crops in as i have been waiting for farm 11 so i can rearrange things before planting..

StoneFace Aug 26 2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4815766)
those jobs have been there a long time now the page may be outdated by years

actually, I was just trying to start a stampede to the Jobs page, to keep posters out of the Real Estate Office so I could buy #11 without a crowd that looks like a Wall Street Pit. (non-Aussie humor )

ghostkitten Aug 26 2011 07:58 AM

I,m wondering why they are asking for new farm level names from 235 up when the new release comes out we should all level up alot and the names should already should have been picked...:confused:

rebecca slaughter Aug 26 2011 08:14 AM

im back....no farm 11....not a happy farmer...wish they would just flip the switch already and be done with it...oh well i quess i will go move some trees. plant 4 day crops. get ready to work the next 3 days..i don't like the real world messing with my play time..but it does pay the bills

HelenJS22 Aug 26 2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca slaughter (Post 4815838)
im back....no farm 11....not a happy farmer...wish they would just flip the switch already and be done with it...oh well i quess i will go move some trees. plant 4 day crops. get ready to work the next 3 days..i don't like the real world messing with my play time..but it does pay the bills

Sooo, I can sign off then and go to bed :D I've discovered that on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm not so badly addicted that I'm going to sit up till 3.00am watching for an update. It'd be nice if I'm surprised in the morning, but then my family has an activity tomorrow, and so far I have not let my farming spoil any of my real world stuff.

Oh, and I also just planted my farms to cover not being here much tomorrow, so I don't mind if it takes an extra day now :D

Ok, ok I'm going - goodnight.

al_bundy Aug 26 2011 08:39 AM

we are like a big bunch of

http://gtsnaps.smugmug.com/Glouceste...18_FZ6Zs-M.jpg

waiting for our new toys

susme48 Aug 26 2011 08:40 AM

well we broke 200 pages....still no 11...sigh

rebecca slaughter Aug 26 2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4815842)
Sooo, I can sign off then and go to bed :D I've discovered that on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm not so badly addicted that I'm going to sit up till 3.00am watching for an update. It'd be nice if I'm surprised in the morning, but then my family has an activity tomorrow, and so far I have not let my farming spoil any of my real world stuff.

Oh, and I also just planted my farms to cover not being here much tomorrow, so I don't mind if it takes an extra day now :D

Ok, ok I'm going - goodnight.

you have a good night and enjoy your day with your family...i think i might be just a little addicted where is the rr or was that ftaa...oh well if i can't remember what it is then i not addicted:)

al_bundy Aug 26 2011 08:42 AM

Give us some new toys and we are as happy as a

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/b...20in%20mud.JPG

for a few weeks (-:

HelenJS22 Aug 26 2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca slaughter (Post 4815878)
you have a good night and enjoy your day with your family...i think i might be just a little addicted where is the rr or was that ftaa...oh well if i can't remember what it is then i not addicted:)

:) Noooo, you're not addicted ...... much :D

mel22 Aug 26 2011 08:45 AM

All my facilities have been empty for 2 days hoping that farm 11 will come out grrr. Oh well, I suppose I'll do my normal trick and fill the lot up ready for the weekend and hope farm 11 comes soon as friday isnt over yet and it may just come this evening IF we are reeaaallllly lucky

Raine Logan Aug 26 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy (Post 4815886)
Give us some new toys and we are as happy as a

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/b...20in%20mud.JPG

for a few weeks (-:

lmao! good one!

Docperk Aug 26 2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susme48 (Post 4815874)
well we broke 200 pages....still no 11...sigh

Which also gave us over 2000 actual posts which is also more than any other before. I was sure hoping that I would wake up to the new update. Oh well. Guess it will come tonight.

al_bundy Aug 26 2011 09:02 AM

i was thinking arrr its saturday now dont think it will happen this week now but i just out of curiousity googled world times and its friday 10am in miami so might see it today.

have never seen a new release come out on a saturday my time but i guess there is always a first time.

Bratuski Aug 26 2011 09:06 AM

And we WAIT!!!!

Tiger Aug 26 2011 09:15 AM

In the meantime, while you all wait, why don't you check out this thread, remember to read the 1st post on page 1 before posting.....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437094

That could keep you occupied for a while;)

Randall_Lind Aug 26 2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gffarmer (Post 4808414)
Gosh I remember those days! Sure has changed since then!!:D

No one wanted to do my trees yep I remember.

Randall_Lind Aug 26 2011 09:24 AM

July 28 was last up date so check back tonight around 10pm est if not next Friday.

Farmgirl_Su Aug 26 2011 09:43 AM

Don't want farm 11
Instead different types of cows, horses that look like horses, rams to go with the sheep.more crops maybe animals that breed it is a farm after all.
please no more facilities...:rolleyes:

I started playing in the March as the game started in the Feb.
back in the days when crops all had gaps next to them. when neighbours hired each other, when my avatar would wander all over the farm looking for a path.

PS i never bought the ugly Mansion ...soo pretentious & ugly...LOL ;)

AussieGecko Aug 26 2011 09:43 AM

Is it here yet?

[SIGH]

It's after midnight now for me so I guess I better get some sleep before I turn into a pumpkin. Maybe tomorrow I will log in and find all sorts of exciting stuff......or not. Please please please bring little people with this update so I can have workers on my farm at all times instead of the same little man with his stick. Goodnight fellow farmers. Here's hoping we get lucky soon.

Momma Woods Aug 26 2011 10:04 AM

Ladies & gents; bow-legged weevils and cross-eyed gnats; I come before you to stand behind you to tell you of something I know nothing about. It was a bright day in the middle of the night! Two dead boys got up to fight--Back to back they faced each other-- pulled out their knives and shot each other--A deaf policeman heard the noise--came and killed the two dead boys!!! If you don't believe my story is right===Ask the blind man across the street___ he saw the sight.

Lynjoe Aug 26 2011 10:23 AM

I am far enough along in the game, and have already spent a lot of "real" money, so there is not a lot that I would pay for anymore. I can play and enjoy FT just as is, but I would love to have a combine that would harvest and delete. THAT, I would pay real money to have.

Yes, I want an update too....BUT....I want the devs to take their time and do it right. I'm sure it will be awesome, as all updates are. The only thing worse than waiting for an update, is getting an update with glitches.

I am awed at the devs imagination and how the game has developed. I look forward to updates mostly to see what they have come up with next. So, my hat is off to the devs!

StoneFace Aug 26 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynjoe (Post 4816022)
I am far enough along in the game, and have already spent a lot of "real" money, so there is not a lot that I would pay for anymore. I can play and enjoy FT just as is, but I would love to have a combine that would harvest and delete. THAT, I would pay real money to have.

Yes, I want an update too....BUT....I want the devs to take their time and do it right. I'm sure it will be awesome, as all updates are. The only thing worse than waiting for an update, is getting an update with glitches.

I am awed at the devs imagination and how the game has developed. I look forward to updates mostly to see what they have come up with next. So, my hat is off to the devs!

The real talent is more than the imagination... it is the successful coding of the game that makes ideas "come alive".

Maybe the devs will open a contest or challenge for player to re-design some of the buildings, put others into a more unified scale, or just come up with new pictures of future items. Coding is not that affected by the color or image of a new design...... but when you think about the Bed and Breakfast next to a Dairy Plant....hehehehehehe

or a limo next to the sports car...:confused:

April306 Aug 26 2011 11:09 AM

Its a 3 day weekend here ...........so hopefully we get the update tonight.

rebecca slaughter Aug 26 2011 11:46 AM

why do they want suggestion for the levels can't they just be numbers. one more thing why do you have large apples and reg apples. an apple is an apple, i know you get more coin for the large apples, but really when was the last time you planted something just to sell it? if i can't use it i'm not planting it.

Texas Belle Aug 26 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca slaughter (Post 4816142)
why do they want suggestion for the levels can't they just be numbers. one more thing why do you have large apples and reg apples. an apple is an apple, i know you get more coin for the large apples, but really when was the last time you planted something just to sell it? if i can't use it i'm not planting it.

Well the large apples is when somebody harvests for you, the others you did it yourself, it is the same with all the harvested products... large means hired hands did it. I have tons of the acorn squash on storage, just waiting to be used, and I am glad is the first thing that comes up when I go to sell if not it would have been gone. I love to use the "sell all" button. The less clicking the better, my fingers are hurting, lol

Texas Belle Aug 26 2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April306 (Post 4816090)
Its a 3 day weekend here ...........so hopefully we get the update tonight.

We are ready for the update, the new farm, new crops, new levels, anything, and OH, please, please, a super duper sheep.... never enough sheeps and llamas, thanks Raul and company!!

Queen.of.Clutter Aug 26 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Belle (Post 4816162)

We are ready for the update, the new farm, new crops, new levels, anything, and OH, please, please, a super duper sheep.... never enough sheeps and llamas, thanks Raul and company!!

Oh !! Super Duper Sheep would be terrific !!! I only have one farm without a sheep building, it's my vacation farm, and I was actually trying to find a building I could stuff one behind, just to hide it !!! I can't wait for another farm so I can get more sheep !

tgray Aug 26 2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su (Post 4815990)
Don't want farm 11
Instead different types of cows, horses that look like horses, rams to go with the sheep.more crops maybe animals that breed it is a farm after all.

I started playing in the March as the game started in the Feb.
back in the days when crops all had gaps next to them. when neighbours hired each other, when my avatar would wander all over the farm looking for a path.

I bought the mansion. It's in storage along with a farm house, a small house & an outhouse.

Satis Aug 26 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su (Post 4815990)
Don't want farm 11

And a bull that doesn't look as if a Holstein cow could crush him with the flick of an udder.

Quote:

Heresy! It's still my main home.

rebecca slaughter Aug 26 2011 01:05 PM

[quote=Tiger Laybourne;4815958]In the meantime, while you all wait, why don't you check out this thread, remember to read the 1st post on page 1 before posting.....

That could keep you occupied for a while;)[/QUOTE

does that mean they are waiting to release the update because levels need names.....ok everybody lets go give them some names, so we can get our update...:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dianedrayson Aug 26 2011 01:19 PM

Just planted 3 farms. I can't believe how long it took me to load each farm. Even loading to go to the market took ages! I don't know if it's the game or my computer.

StoneFace Aug 26 2011 01:23 PM

[quote=rebecca slaughter;4816266]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 4815958)
In the meantime, while you all wait, why don't you check out this thread, remember to read the 1st post on page 1 before posting.....

That could keep you occupied for a while;)[/QUOTE

does that mean they are waiting to release the update because levels need names.....ok everybody lets go give them some names, so we can get our update...:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

yeah, let's give them some names...

Weekly Release Reaper ...... Whats-da-holdup Weeder ...... Impatient Plower ...... Anxious Avatar ...... Freaked-out Farmer .....

I DEMAND that you release 6 farms all at once now
I WANT you to release 3 farms right now

I will be okay if you just release #11 this week and #12 in two weeks or less...

oh yeah.....

and lots of seeds, trees, buildings, etc to consider too !!!

oh yeah.....

you can toss in some levels, but I think I have enough $FT to last a while.

oh yeah....

a well thought out and designed and SCALED train w/tracks w/station etc..... would be cool too