Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 28, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330394)

Raul May 28 2010 03:12 PM

New Release -- May 28, 2010

Hey there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with the following features/fixes:

1. You can now buy a 4th farm. The requirement is to have a 3rd farm. These are the prices in coins and farm cash:

12x12 farm: ......... 4MM coins ..... 40 fc
14x14 upgrade: .... 1MM coins ..... 20 fc
16x16 upgrade: .... 2MM coins ..... 20 fc
18x18 upgrade: .... 3MM coins ..... 20 fc
20x20 upgrade: .... 15MM coins .... 20 fc
22x22 upgrade: .... 20MM coins .... 20 fc
24x24 upgrade: .... 30MM coins .... 20 fc

2. The Sea Coast items (big and small) are now also available for the opposite sides of the farm

3. When you sell a product in the Market, the window doesn't scroll to the top anymore, making it easier to sell products

4. Some users were losing products because the harvest/product storage was full, we increased the size of the storage but it's not unlimited, when the harvest storage is about to get full, we will show a message to the user so they can sell or use some products to make some room, now with the scroll issue fixed, it should be easier to sell products.

5. We have another Farm Cash Offer on the top of the game for users who have some design skills or know someone who has those skills. If those users want to spend some time designing some items for the game for them and others to use they will get 100 farm cash for each item. Check the offer page for more details.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Moderator Edit:

To find details for submitting a design to Slashkey can be found by clicking on Account just above your farm name then on Submit Graphic Item. Good luck everyone.

ell

Double T Dude Ranch May 28 2010 03:14 PM

Thanks a bunch Raul!

Clint454 May 28 2010 03:14 PM

Thanks Raul, especially the pop to top scroll fix.

gfjones May 28 2010 03:17 PM

Thanks !!!!!

LeeClements May 28 2010 03:18 PM

Thanks love the updates you people are great!!!

craigswife May 28 2010 03:18 PM

Yay!! Thats all I gotta say!! Thanks

jess mc May 28 2010 03:21 PM

Great work Devs as always

cindya May 28 2010 03:21 PM

whoa!!! the 4th farm will cost 75 million????

EdmoreMark May 28 2010 03:26 PM

Excellent all around.

servocrow May 28 2010 03:28 PM

WOOT!!

Redesigning...again...and I DON'T CARE!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!

SirDaywalker May 28 2010 03:30 PM

Oh My Groovy Gay!
:eek:

I gotta tell ya, your timing is impeccable.
:)

I was about to get desperate for grow room
(
cuz I'm a FT Hoarder/Packrat) and put plots under all my buildings.
:rolleyes:

Just waiting for new levels!
Hey, are we gonna have a better choice of Fencing soon?

I know, I know.
Patience n Stuff.
:D

Farmer Kate S. May 28 2010 03:34 PM

Great, and thanks! Now ...my lilacs? (grin). Seriously, you all do a truly awesome job ...and I love this game!

*Farmer Brad* May 28 2010 03:35 PM

Great updates....but the only way I'm gonna afford that fourth farm is by farmcash (and I don't have a lot of that!) LOL

Saylorgirl May 28 2010 03:35 PM

Thanks for the great work! Already have the 4th farm!!

jesdreher May 28 2010 03:35 PM

You guys rock soooooo hard! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

JAS0643 May 28 2010 03:45 PM

Thank you for the updates I can't wait to get farm 4 to 24x24. I am also going to play with the design aspect to see what I can come up with for the game. Thanks for the update and the fixes it helps a lot.

Pete's Piggy May 28 2010 03:49 PM

Thanks Raul!!! Especially for eliminating the scrolling issue when selling product at the market.

RchGuessWho May 28 2010 03:51 PM

wow great updates,,been playing a year now,,did get bored but stuck with it,,got to level 80,,2 mill xp's,,got 15 trophys,,now new goal is to get the farm to 24/24,,might take a few months,,but I wont leave,,as love the game,,might need new neighbours soon as most of mine have left,,but will deal with that when the times comes,,thanks farm town xx

Charo May 28 2010 03:51 PM

thank you!!!!

i'm almost broke but i don't care! thank you!!!

Joy's Farm May 28 2010 04:09 PM

Thank you :)

earlgray May 28 2010 04:12 PM

Dang! That will give people a way to use up all those coins they have lying around! (Or something to work towards!!) It's PERFECT!!!
And MANY THANKS for dealing with the scrolling issue. I just tried it out and it works perfectly. Now it won't take me 5 minutes every time I sell my stuff.
You guys rock!!!

catherinesfarm May 28 2010 04:14 PM

Fantastic updates, just spammed my wall upgrading. Went from 79 mil to 4 mil in seconds.

Thanks for sorting the MP scroll bar.

farmermuff May 28 2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindya (Post 3567582)
whoa!!! the 4th farm will cost 75 million????

I bet that curves the appitite for more land. I might actually have to start working for other people again to afford it. lol.

My dream of being a FT billioniare is severly dented to.

hansen2433 May 28 2010 04:17 PM

thank you Raul Great updates

Capriherb May 28 2010 04:19 PM

Where do we go for the designs? I'm not sure I understand.
I just went to market (hadn't been for days) to sell and realized an update had happened. Thanks for the 4th farm!
Guess I need to fill my facilities as I have been sitting on a bunch of stuff.

kazzaqld May 28 2010 04:21 PM

What am I going to call my 4th farm!! :)

Thank you!

LoreneC May 28 2010 04:26 PM

Thanks Raul! Just got my 12 x 12.

I love the design by a player idea. I don't design but I can't wait to see what players come up with.:)

LoreneC May 28 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 3567682)
Thank you for the updates I can't wait to get farm 4 to 24x24. I am also going to play with the design aspect to see what I can come up with for the game. Thanks for the update and the fixes it helps a lot.

So now we can start bugging you with what we want! LOL :p

Katn May 28 2010 04:31 PM

Well thanks for the new farm I guess..........200 million seems a bit much compared to past farms........but you can upgrade consistanty for 20 farm town cash......120 bucks for 19.99 to upgrade to them them all........not sure this is fair lol. buy the first 4 with coins and the additional 3 with cash seems to be a better option. I have played for a year and dont have enough coins for them all...........crazy!

JAS0643 May 28 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmermuff (Post 3567862)
I bet that curves the appitite for more land. I might actually have to start working for other people again to afford it. lol.

My dream of being a FT billioniare is severly dented to.

Please don't make me go to the mp and turn into a beggar. :D I will have to hit the mp again. Maybe now it will be easier to hire people to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreneC (Post 3567906)
So now we can start bugging you with what we want! LOL :p

Well I'm not sure what I'm doing but I'm going to do some looking around and see what I can come up with. I have some cool ideas for stuff in the game it is just designing them that I need to work on.

spoospa May 28 2010 04:40 PM

Wow! A 4th Farm! CraaaazzzzyyY! I have it already! You might want to look into why you can't upgrade your second farm without being lvl 50 but you can upgrade 3 & 4 willy nilly. Also, make an option to buy facilities with farm cash or coins. Half the time the offers are spammy, and I can't afford to buy farm cash. Also, integrate the ground coffee into the chocolate facility. Make it a roasting facility. You have to roast both coffee & cocoa beans before you do anything in the real world, so it makes sense, right?
Also, think of making a clothing factory so we can actually USE the llama wool and sheep wool and cotton harvests! There's a thought, huh? E-mail me if you feel like rewarding me for my awesome ideas! ;)

MI5 May 28 2010 04:44 PM

Nice .......... thank you d[▀_▀]b

essexboy May 28 2010 04:46 PM

75 million for farm 4, wth is going on,who in there right mind has that many coins......thats right people with too much time on there hands and have no lives.or these players are just tight arses when it comes to spending money.you have listened to wrong players slashkey.ive been playing a year now and im about 74 million short of the new farm 4.this is madness.we do have lives you known.

earlgray May 28 2010 04:47 PM

I just tried to respond to Facebook posts to work on 2 different neighbors' farms, but when I got to their farms I was not offered the option to work at the facilities. I assume it's a glitch associated with the upgrade, hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

ellshere May 28 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capriherb (Post 3567878)
Where do we go for the designs? I'm not sure I understand.
I just went to market (hadn't been for days) to sell and realized an update had happened. Thanks for the 4th farm!
Guess I need to fill my facilities as I have been sitting on a bunch of stuff.

I have just done a quick edit of Raul's post to let everyone know where the details can be found.

lab lover May 28 2010 04:55 PM

thank you so much

I have just got my 4th farm and upgraded to the largest :)

Carrot Top CyndaLu May 28 2010 05:11 PM

i have been checking the real estate office all this week - had 7 million coins to spend - the factories are so lucrative. THANKS !!

samanthab May 28 2010 05:26 PM

:) THANKS!!!!! Love it!!

Lavenda May 28 2010 05:31 PM

woohoo! Thank you for both the fourth farm and the market scrolling issue. May get a sea coast now too, though even the small is larger than I would currently need.

However I to am experiencing difficulty assisting at neighbours facilities. I did some earlier and noticed the messages have changed to let you know the next facility to work at, but an hour or so later when I went to do a few more I now am getting to the farms and nother...

I have no issue with the cost of the fourth farm as many had waaay too many coins and not enough to spend it on. Will do us some good to have something we have to work for :)

prettyponies May 28 2010 05:35 PM

OMG. Here I had already retired my farm, letting the factories run out, the trees fruit out without harvesting, and the fields remained nicely plowed, but fallow. Only coming back to water the roses and check on the place.

Was there any way I could pass up the offer of a 4th farm?? Not on your life!

I had millions and millions banked -- more than enough to instantly upgrade to a 22x22. As far as I'm concerned, my own three farms are just perfect as a connected trio and need no fourth part ....so.... I decided to just plant pineapples on the new land for the people in the market to harvest and get cash and points. Kinda giving back to the folks that hired me to help me get to 1 million points and $100 million dollars. :D

Thanks for the new notice for facilities help. Nice touch.