Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 18th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635666)

Tiger Apr 19 2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6236278)
i stored products from the new flavored watered factory how come the beach motel says it has nothing to work in it .just posted hope something shows up in the beach motel soon.first time i posted since friday

Hi MOM GLENDA,

I checked your data and it doesn't look like you have any of the flavored waters in storage. Was the facility worked, did you see products in the done section? Double check the flavored water factory and see if they are still in there. I have just stored from mine and the products went to storage fine.

If not try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that corrects it moving forwards.

painter1112 Apr 19 2018 09:40 AM

Are you guys out of your minds?? 3 FC factories!!! Are you trying to get people to STOP playing your game?. Too many FC units plus you make getting FC way too hard to get!
I have played your game for several years and am about to get tired of trying and trying to grow the farms without very much success. I WILL NOT put my real money into this thing IT'S A GAME NOT REAL.

sod farmer Apr 19 2018 09:56 AM

Since the update I get a notification that my ship prep has completed (yes - completed and dispatched) every time I reload the game. I have cleared cache and browser histories, tried different browsers, and cleared memcache. I still get the notification for the ship that was dispatched last night.

Taz D Apr 19 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sod farmer (Post 6236294)
Since the update I get a notification that my ship prep has completed (yes - completed and dispatched) every time I reload the game. I have cleared cache and browser histories, tried different browsers, and cleared memcache. I still get the notification for the ship that was dispatched last night.

Hi sod farmer,
Have you tried starting another ship today. That might clear that notification out.

Taz D Apr 19 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 6236274)
Having trouble with faces anyone? On my neighbor line they are showing correctly, but everywhere else they are blank faces only. Started after the update. So far not causeing problems that I know of but somebody posted on FB that they were having the same problem and it was showing her inactive and even though they are working her facilities, the amounts are not going down, showing not worked in other words. Cleared memecache several times and still showing blanks. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

I stand corrected. I posted facilities and 3 people worked them all. Some are showing no work done, some only down to 80% and some normal. In other words, it is a hit and miss which ones are correct and which ones are not. Faces still now showing anywhere but in neighbor lineup. Thank you for any advice :)

Hi Heartnrose,
We have sent an email to the developers conserning the pictures. As far as the work not being equal does not mean they are not being worked. Not everyone has the trains so those without may not be going to all the farms or not completing all the facilities on farms. If you don't have the trains that is a lot to do specially for those who have a lot of farms with lots of facilities on them.

heartnrose Apr 19 2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236326)
Hi Heartnrose,
We have sent an email to the developers conserning the pictures. As far as the work not being equal does not mean they are not being worked. Not everyone has the trains so those without may not be going to all the farms or not completing all the facilities on farms. If you don't have the trains that is a lot to do specially for those who have a lot of farms with lots of facilities on them.

Okie Dokie Taz, and Thank you very much for the information. Will just be patient and it always seems to work out in the end. Again, thank you. :D

Texas Belle Apr 19 2018 11:42 AM

Thank you guys, great release..

Tuckertbnc Apr 19 2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6236138)
Yes, I am aware of that restriction when hiring, it is great as very annoying when another used to come over the top of a hire you were trying to accept. After my initial hire this morn I sent or tried to send about 10 hires at least for other jobs and none seemed to work, I noticed others saying their hires weren't working either so thought it was worth mentioning in case someone else was having the same problem. I often have to send several hires to get one accepted but farmers weren't replying at all so presumably the hires didn't go through and from the comments in the market others were finding the same.

My request were apparently going thru but no answers , the people just disappear and then I see they are on a farm ... I try to not hire but 1 person per farm / job .. but often I get no reply and a worker just shows up on the farm ...

sod farmer Apr 19 2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236314)
Hi sod farmer,
Have you tried starting another ship today. That might clear that notification out.

Hi Taz,
I just started prepping another ship and reloaded the farm. I am not getting that notification any more. Thank you.

drr30 Apr 19 2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painter1112 (Post 6236286)
Are you guys out of your minds?? 3 FC factories!!! Are you trying to get people to STOP playing your game?. Too many FC units plus you make getting FC way too hard to get!
I have played your game for several years and am about to get tired of trying and trying to grow the farms without very much success. I WILL NOT put my real money into this thing IT'S A GAME NOT REAL.

I agree there are to many fc factories but in reality the developers can only keep the game running with fc items this is how they get paid. With the exception of the oil refinery you really don't need fc factories. I have over a 1000 factories on my farm and less then 50 are fc and all were paid for from fc I've earned in the game.

bjyhey3 Apr 19 2018 04:38 PM

Wow! I'm just playing along with my farm and decide to check in to see what's going on and we have had a new update while I was snoozing...Thank You

Rugby Apr 19 2018 04:55 PM

As a super neighbor, it used to be that I used my fuel first to harvest. That helped my lower XP neighbors who generally have less fuel. With the recent update, I use their fuel first. Any way to go back to the "old way" for super neighbors where I use my fuel on my neighbor's farm until I run out?

Taz D Apr 19 2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby (Post 6236438)
As a super neighbor, it used to be that I used my fuel first to harvest. That helped my lower XP neighbors who generally have less fuel. With the recent update, I use their fuel first. Any way to go back to the "old way" for super neighbors where I use my fuel on my neighbor's farm until I run out?

Hi Rugby,
Currently no there isn't a way to go back to the other way.

Rugby Apr 19 2018 05:06 PM

super neighbor fuel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236442)
Hi Rugby,
Currently no there isn't a way to go back to the other way.

Would the devs please consider the option for super neighbors? Thanks.

max_river Apr 19 2018 05:24 PM

thank you for the amazing up date and your hard work you do. also thank to the mods on here that help us with all the issues and complaintes we have it takes time away from there farms. one thing I want be buying and restrants that cost fc until the fix the shortage of eggs..I never understood why the eggs are only harvest once a day and eggs are every 8 hrs..

Taz D Apr 19 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6236450)
thank you for the amazing up date and your hard work you do. also thank to the mods on here that help us with all the issues and complaintes we have it takes time away from there farms. one thing I want be buying and restrants that cost fc until the fix the shortage of eggs..I never understood why the eggs are only harvest once a day and eggs are every 8 hrs..

Hi max_river,
The super chicken coop is twice a day, every 12 hours. Those hold more hens (500) and give more for the Leghorn Hens.

lauralmarie Apr 19 2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Just how do you think all of the people who work hard on the game to keep it going day to day are supposed to be paid for their work? It takes Real money to support the game so if you want it to be here for you to enjoy you'd better hope enough people continue to spend money on it!

Aussie Rae Apr 20 2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

its a good thing that no one is actually forced to spend real money on the game, if you can't afford the fc facilities, just buy the coin ones... plenty of people play this way...

Aussie Rae Apr 20 2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6236190)
LOVE the pink backgrounds!!! So helpful! Thanks so much for the update. Saving up for my first 46x46. :D

I must have missed something... "pink backgrounds" ?????

Taz D Apr 20 2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6236498)
I must have missed something... "pink backgrounds" ?????

Hi Aussie Rae,
This is what she is referring to:

d) On the 'Farmtown Wall Request' screen, we will highlight in pink those posts from users that you have visited recently to work their facilities. If you click on those posts, it's very likely that you receive the warning from the mayor that you already worked the facilities for that user.

Aussie Rae Apr 20 2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236502)
Hi Aussie Rae,
This is what she is referring to:

d) On the 'Farmtown Wall Request' screen, we will highlight in pink those posts from users that you have visited recently to work their facilities. If you click on those posts, it's very likely that you receive the warning from the mayor that you already worked the facilities for that user.

oh, thanks Taz.. I do have a few neighbors that post multiple times throughout the day so that will help if I ever forget I have already done their farms, :) it can get frustrating I guess if you have a few who post more than once a day, :)

Zeeky Banutski Apr 20 2018 11:58 AM

Where is the Global Ingredient Planner located?

Taz D Apr 20 2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski (Post 6236562)
Where is the Global Ingredient Planner located?

Hi Zeeky,
It is in your Facility Manager. Click on the notepad in the upper right corner next to the magnifying glass.

Taz D Apr 20 2018 04:31 PM

Raul has just added the following:

Post-Release Info - April 20th, 5:00PM

- BugFix: When hired by friends to work their farms or their facilities, sometimes a screen will show up by mistake with the legacy quests (those that require tools like Rake, Gloves and Water Hose).
- Better grouping of products in the 'By Facility' sort in the Global Ingredient Planner.

Known Problems:

- None

Tuckertbnc Apr 20 2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6236494)
its a good thing that no one is actually forced to spend real money on the game, if you can't afford the fc facilities, just buy the coin ones... plenty of people play this way...

That's what I do - only buy the coin factories .. I haven't bought a Farm Cash factory in years .. save what I 'earn' from Quests and leveling up for the advanced tools ...

Autumn06 Apr 20 2018 11:47 PM

What do you mean "re-authorize FarmTown?" How do I do that and when will I know, will there be a pop up message?

Taz D Apr 21 2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn06 (Post 6236658)
What do you mean "re-authorize FarmTown?" How do I do that and when will I know, will there be a pop up message?

Hi Autumn,
Yes there will be a pop up when you open your farms or click to collect a bonus or send an ingredient requested by a neighbor.
There is more detailed information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635554

mareface Apr 21 2018 03:52 AM

Thank you sooooooooo much for the pink highlight when working facilities.

Trixye Sue Apr 21 2018 11:59 AM

Has anyone had any issue hiring and/or being hired in the Marketplace? Since the new update, I (and a few others) have tried repeatedly to hire people but the request does not go through. I have had to resort to hiring from the Inn. Secondly, after I accepted a request from someone hiring me, several more request come to me even after I began working the farm. On top of this, the marketplace shows up on the farm I am working on which give the impression that it is a multi hire when it is not. Now for the biggest issue. If by chance there is a convention working the farm, I will lose gas if I fish or HP or anything someone else has already done but it has not disappeared giving the impression that it is still available to be worked. (I hope that makes sense.) I have asked several other farmers about this and it is not only me. Any comments???

Thanks!

Tiger Apr 21 2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trixye Sue (Post 6236770)
Has anyone had any issue hiring and/or being hired in the Marketplace? Since the new update, I (and a few others) have tried repeatedly to hire people but the request does not go through. I have had to resort to hiring from the Inn. Secondly, after I accepted a request from someone hiring me, several more request come to me even after I began working the farm. On top of this, the marketplace shows up on the farm I am working on which give the impression that it is a multi hire when it is not. Now for the biggest issue. If by chance there is a convention working the farm, I will lose gas if I fish or HP or anything someone else has already done but it has not disappeared giving the impression that it is still available to be worked. (I hope that makes sense.) I have asked several other farmers about this and it is not only me. Any comments???

Thanks!

Hi Trixye Sue,

We've only had one complaint that the hire requests are not always going through and they said they had to reload the game to try again. They were also having some connection issues so we are not entirely sure if that was related as we are unable to reproduce this.

What do you mean the marketplace is on top of the farm? Do you mean you are seeing other avatars on the farm when you arrive that were in market? If so, they are what we refer to as ghosts, the avatars appear there but the farmers are not there, they are still in the market. Were there just one or two or a lot of them? If you refresh the farm you are on, they should disappear.

Regarding your last issue, again if you refresh the farm you are on it will update with whatever work is still needing to be done. That's the only way to know what work is left if more than one farmer is working the same jobs.You should not lose any fuel for work already done by someone else. If you see any deducted it should correct when you reload.

Dan H Apr 21 2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trixye Sue (Post 6236770)

Thanks!

I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.

dave1949 Apr 22 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan H (Post 6236858)
I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.

Same problem here, it's a pain to keep reloading the game before you can hire.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 10:39 AM

A comment and question about the current release

A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.

Tiger Apr 22 2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6236910)
A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.

Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 02:10 PM

Responding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6236954)
Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.

No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.

Taz D Apr 22 2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6236974)
No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.

Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.

pigtails Apr 22 2018 03:41 PM

The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.

Tiger Apr 22 2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigtails (Post 6237002)
The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.

Hi pigtails,

Did you reload the game within 10 minutes? Were there any more farms to work on after the one you didn't finish? If there was another farm after the one you left then you should have got the pop up.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 07:23 PM

Refreshing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236982)
Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.

Hi Taz, I tried refreshing even before I came to the forum to post. It did not make a difference. Now just curious if anyone else is having the same issue.

Farmer_Susan Apr 22 2018 08:53 PM

I'm having hiring issues, too, so I think it must be something caused by this release - I haven't been having hiring issues until now.

What's happening for me is that I only sporadically get notified if someone has accepted my hire request. What's happened twice now today is that I assumed I didn't have anyone, so I tried to hire someone else - I ended up clicking on 3 people - didn't get confirmations that any had accepted my request so I assumed I didn't have anyone. Each time, I ended up with 2 people on my farm. I always try to hire solo - so not knowing I already have someone is a problem.