Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 21, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328762)

Raul May 21 2010 07:33 PM

New Release -- May 21, 2010

Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features:

1. Small Sea Coast (coins): Allows you to catch Haddock, Dolfin, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel and Crab

2. Big Sea Coast (32 FC): Allows you to catch Cod, Grouper, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel, Yellowtail, Tuna, Crab and Lobster

3. Oil Pump Tool (coins): Allows you to produce Crude Oil

4. Oil Reinery (32 FC): Allows you to produce fuel out of the Crude Oil to be used in your harvesters and seeders. You can store the Fuel Tanks in your storage. When you go to the Fuel Station to refuel, it will take not only the fuel tanks you have received as gifts from friends, but also all stored Fuel Tanks in your storage produced by the Oil Refinery. Both counters are displayed on the same line, 'Fuel Tanks', in the Fuel Station.

5. Taco Restaurant (coins): Produces different Taco products like Hard and Soft Tacos, Chicken Quesadillas and Burritos. You can get the Chicken or Meat as gifts from friends or Order them from the Semi-Trailer Truck.

6. You can now harvest your flowers. You can also hire people in the market to harvest your flowers: Flower prices have been slightly adjusted to accomodate this change. It functions like the trees, when you harvest a flower you get the coins and it's restored to it's original stage.

7. The current Flower Shop is now a facility (25 FC): Allows you to produces different flower buckets from the harveted flowers.

8. The frequency of the Major asking for gifts on the game has been reduced considerably, you should not see it more than 1 or 2 times per day.

9. The Semi-Trailer truck now deliver 3 times more Hotdog Sausages in the same period of time.

10. There was an annoying error when people were harvesting for others. If the farm where they were working had some Hens moving, the message 'do you want to use this option for the remaining of this session...." was popping randomly, this have been fixed.

[Update: Taco Restaurant now rotates]
[Update: Renamed Dolfin to Mahi Mahi to avoid confusions]

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Double T Dude Ranch May 21 2010 07:39 PM

You are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Yay thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

alexlbs May 21 2010 07:43 PM

YAY! Awesome updates! Thanks Devs!

JustHikk May 21 2010 07:46 PM

Thank you!!!

Sprout2441 May 21 2010 07:46 PM

I got my suggestion fulfilled.....the flower shop turning into a facility. THANKS SO MUCH, you are awesome......

ohiosweetheart May 21 2010 07:46 PM

WHEW thank God I already had the flower shop. :)
I'm liking the taco place alot!

Thanks Raul and everyone!

Now PLEASE - we NEED a fourth farm!

gfjones May 21 2010 07:48 PM

Cool!

Wish I had more land!!! How about a 4th farm?

JocelynCS May 21 2010 07:49 PM

PROBLEM... that oil refinery is so huge there is just nowhere for me to put it! I have the farm cash, but I don't want to lose the growing space with so many crops needed to produce everything. WHEN are we going to get a fourth farm?!

dottyF May 21 2010 07:54 PM

Dang. I was just on this forum and ft. Leave to take a bath thinking I was all done for the night and now this. I'm never gonna get away from ft. :(

Hessel May 21 2010 07:56 PM

We need a 4th farm!

I would love to add more facilities but I cant grow wheat fast enough now.
We really could use a 4th and 5th farm. I love the game. I want to try some new things but can't spare the room. Please please please add more farms!!!

Thanks for all you do!!!

hansen2433 May 21 2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottyF (Post 3544466)
Dang. I was just on this forum and ft.I was all done for the night and now this. I'm never gonna get away from ft. :(

me to :D great job i love the update love it

Mrs Borgies May 21 2010 08:05 PM

Fantastic! 4th farm to go with these updates would be great! Ha ha!!!

You guys rock!!!

Tony D May 21 2010 08:06 PM

Again with the new releases while I am at work - sheesh :p

LoreneC May 21 2010 08:06 PM

You devs are always thinking!

I can't wait to see what the seacoast looks like!

dottyF May 21 2010 08:07 PM

Hessel I was thinking the same thing. I got the flower shop but I cant find anywhere to squeeze anything else without shortening my crops and i dont want to do that.

michellch1 May 21 2010 08:08 PM

Ack!! I need more farmmmmmmmmmmm!! Lol!!!

Paul Miller May 21 2010 08:12 PM

Do flowers still work how they normally do now that they are harvestable? If I want to put flowers down on my farm and they whither, can I just water them to bring them back?

jesdreher May 21 2010 08:20 PM

Thanks! I have been looking forward to the next update! Love the taco restaurant! I bought the flower shop, but am not sure I like how it functions as a facility. I like my flowers to be in bloom on my farm and I have to make the choice now to harvest and let them go all brown and ugly and use my facility or let them stay in bloom but forgo the use of the facility. :-\ I guess I could redesign so that the harvestable flowers are in a separate garden and I just plant other types of flowers where I want them to be pretty. It looks like I'm going to have to do a serious redesign anyway because there's just no room for anything. As much as I love that you put out more facilities, I kinda wish you'd have given us farm #4 first. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Double T Dude Ranch May 21 2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Miller (Post 3544550)
Do flowers still work how they normally do now that they are harvestable? If I want to put flowers down on my farm and they whither, can I just water them to bring them back?

Flowers are the same. You harvest them and they go to 0% and grow back. If you plant flowers, just water them to bring them back.

dottyF May 21 2010 08:24 PM

omg. my avatar is walking down my road I think looking at the situation, unfortunately nothing else will fit on my farms.

DivaQ May 21 2010 08:26 PM

The biggest issue is space. Would love to implement these new items the large coast and the refinery but just no space to do so without destroying a farm in the process.

I would like to see our storage of harvest simplified. Finished products could have a separate storage vs. products that could be used for further uses.

It would also be nice when you select go home from the Marketplace - we should be able to select which farm we could go to. It would save a lot of time.

CynthiaSue May 21 2010 08:28 PM

The oil refinery would be pointless for me. I have 3 farms, 2 of which are total crops which I plant 1, 2 and 3 day crops for my facilities and I rarely, if ever, use up my daily fuel ration. From the sounds of it, if I purchased this, if I put the oil in storage, it would go into my daily ration and it would basically be wasted, since I rarely go over my daily allotment and I have probably 20 fuels people have sent me sitting on my facebook page that I have never accepted, but would if I needed it, which I maybe do once a week or less.

I dont guess I will get the taco shop either since I run out of flour and don't use the bakery and the pizza shop all the time either though I already have those. I guess I have enough facilities.

I do like it that more hotdogs are delivered now. That should prove helpful, as I am always running out of those.

I don't really care to have a 4th farm in order to produce more to keep up with the facilities, unless they come out with a 9 seeder and even then I'm not sure I would do it. It is getting hard to find people to work on my farm. It took me quite awhile the other day just to find someone to plow and that is usually what people want to do. I think perhaps I have gone as far as I'm going to go in this game. Perhaps it has passed the point of being challenging and fun, to perhaps being a bit of a chore. I have really enjoyed the game, and the facilities have been really cool, but now they seem like they are a bit endless with nothing accomplished by doing them. I simply am gaining more coins.

I am not meaning to complain. I am just expressing how it is for me right now. I think FarmTown has done great with the facilities and perhaps it is meaningful to most people, but I feel I have accomplished all there is to accomplish and more facilities won't make me accomplish anything more than getting richer.

cokkopops May 21 2010 08:33 PM

How can people on level 80 (I've been on level 80 for a while now) get ANY farm cash!! - without the farm cash I cannot buy some of the the facitilities eg, the oilve oil factory !!!!
Really this is very unfair for level 80's not the get the FC.

Double T Dude Ranch May 21 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cokkopops (Post 3544578)
How can people on level 80 (I've been on level 80 for a while now) get ANY farm cash!! - without the farm cash I cannot buy some of the the facitilities eg, the oilve oil factory !!!!
Really this is very unfair for level 80's not the get the FC.

You can do offers or purchase FC.

Hessel May 21 2010 08:42 PM

Progress

Farm Town is really getting to be a game that has something for everyone. All the facilities have to be attractive to many players and newbies. I have a nice system set up on my farms with fruit, juice factories, I grow wheat and mill the wheat into flour which I use in the bakery. But I cant add new facilities because I just dont have the room. Im at level 80 + about 200,00 XP's but have little farm cash. Im not opposed to buying more FC but I need lots more room! Please consider adding more farms.

Saylorgirl May 21 2010 08:46 PM

Very excited for all the new "stuff"! You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up!

Bopp May 21 2010 08:47 PM

Finally, harvestable flowers! I've been for this since they implemented flowers.

:D

Bopp May 21 2010 08:50 PM

PS, now there needs to be a way to harvest flowers QUICKLY. I've been at it for about a half hour, and am nowhere near being done.

HLeeV May 21 2010 08:59 PM

LOVE the Taco Shop, just wished it rotated. It would fit into my design I'm slowly doing on my production farm. All the other ones rotate except this one. :confused:

Though I doubt I will use it, I think it's cool the flowers are harvestable now. At this time, just not interesting to me. But who knows. Didn't think I would get into the facilities as much as I have.

Also think the oil refinery and oil pump thing are cool and again at this time, not going to get them. Probably will in the future though once I finish setting up my production farm the way I have it planned.

Very cool features!! :)

joangugg May 21 2010 09:02 PM

Where do you get the crude oil???

Farmer Homer May 21 2010 09:08 PM

Love the new stuff! Thank you! Really need more space, where in the heck am I going to put an ocean???

I'm glad the flower shop is being put to good use but I think I'd rather have flower seeds to plant and harvest on the plowed lots. It would look so pretty.

Need a couple more farms.

Farmer McDonald May 21 2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joangugg (Post 3544670)

From the oil pump-well you buy in the tools section.

waterboyintl May 21 2010 09:08 PM

I have been at level 80 for sometime now maybe more level and more land ?? ANY up grades along these lines I am sure would be greatly appreciated not enough now to produce everything we need PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double T Dude Ranch May 21 2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joangugg (Post 3544670)

You need to purchase an oil pump located under tools. Then you buy the oil refinery to make it refined for your machines.

Begonia Wildwind May 21 2010 09:12 PM

Oh, I'm lovin' this!! Thank you!!!

krisafur May 21 2010 09:12 PM

Thank you for all you do! WE all appreciate it!

tnbravesgirl May 21 2010 09:13 PM

I personally don't use any of the facilities. There are many people who don't and they are equally as many people that do. I enjoy Farmtown, I have been playing for over a year and have enjoyed so many of the items that have been implemented since that time. I do however wish they could focus on a little something different than the facilities...at least for those of us who don't care about them. Appreciate all the work the developers are doing...and the time they spend trying to please everyone.:cool:

SirDaywalker May 21 2010 09:15 PM

~O-0

Ok, dang it...lol, I ran my cursor over the flowers and thought...
"...what is this? We're harvesting flowerz now?"
{(
so I immediately came here and there was nothing about it yet...)}
so I clicked on a few of my flowers to see what the deal
is and they are back to point zero growth!

:eek:

Heehee

That outta teach me not to be patient.
:rolleyes:

In Other News:

Last night I was gettin' my Zen on by watering flowerz for my Neighbors,
and a strange thing happened. On the bottom left corner where it
shows who you're visiting and their XP Level...it came up as 1,500,000 = 99
[extraordinary farmer] and the little white bar that shows how far to your
next level was on a perpetual move...it just kept going back to the
beginning then moving to the end, and this went on for a while.

So of course, I opened a new tab and came here to see if the Dev's were
rolling out a new set of levels...and found nothing. And now today
we have New Releases...lol, that I now have to make room for.

So what I saw last night gives me hope that new levels are on the way,
and perhaps larger land. 4th Farms would be cool, but I'm already
getting lost on my own 3 Farms and forgetting
what building is on which Farm.

Wee
:D

Thanks for the fun and fascination.
You FT folks have all come a long way baby!

Stay Groovy
:cool:

Pattakins May 21 2010 09:20 PM

Oh I just love all the changes. I love the facilities and so far, have gotten them all. I'm sure I will with these also, but as others have said, we really need more land...not just for the facilities and new stuff, but for growing crops. There are so many we need to grow now! lol. I love it though. All and all, the peeps at Farmtown have been doing a fantastic job of keeping things fresh and fun. That said, I will probably have to wait on getting some of the stuff, due to needing what land I have for planting crops I need. Dang..it's gonna be hard to hold myself back...lol.

andchr1 May 21 2010 09:23 PM

I agree with an earlier poster that it is unfair that those who reach level 80 are punished and have to buy Farm Cash or do surveys. We earn money like everyone else. When we plow we earn coins but are cheated out of points and cash. Please give us over acheivers a break!