Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 10th, 2012 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476874)

Raul Mar 10 2012 03:41 AM

New Release -- March 10th, 2012

See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Mar 14, 6:20PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. St Patrick items: Released a few days ago. All last year items plus 5 new items in the Store.

2. 28x28 Farm Expansions for Farms 6 - 10: Here are the prices -> 5,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

3. New Paths, Irrigation Canals and Patches (Available now):
Paths: Red Petals, Pink Petals, Gravel, Mulch, Wild Flowers, Marble, Color Brick, Pebble, Red Land, Sand and Wood
Water Irrigation Canals: Dirt Water Canal, Cement Water Canal
Patches: Patch of Brown Land, Patch of White Dirt

4. Content Changes:
- Fried Rice and Grilled Mushrooms can now be stocked into the China Buffet
- Corn dogs and Corn on the cob can now be stocked into the Fair Food Stand

5. Green Mobile Sprinkler (FC) (Available now): If you already own the Orange Sprinkler you can buy this Green Sprinkler to extend the 'Gone to Waste' time of your crops. This tool will replace your Orange Sprinkler. Here are the rules:

- For Crops with Maturity equal or less than 1 -> Add 24h to the current Gone to Waste time
- For Crops with Maturity higher than 1 -> Add 48h to the current Gone to Waste time

6. Filtering all FarmTown Wall Requests: There is a link now at the top in the 'My Requests' tab named 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' which will allow you too see only FarmTown posts and act on them.

7. Change Status Message: This new option in the avatar menu will allow you to set a temporary (in session) status message below your avatar (where your name is now). Notice you can only do this in the Marketplace.

Also you can express explicitly your intention with different colors so farmers can have a quick idea of what other farmers are up to in the Market. The intensions are:

- Hire, Work, Buy Products, Sell Products, Play Minigames ad Meet New Farmers.

8. Bug Fixes:
- New efficient scrolling added to the Store, this also fix the issue of latest Flash Player showing product tool tips info incorrectly
- The 'Add Neighbour' functionality was broken, this was fixed a few days ago
- The 'Send Gift' and 'FarmCash Offers Challenge' functionality were broken for some users, they were fixed a few days ago
- The primary products in the China Buffet (rice, mushroom and watermelon) were removed from the 'From Facilities' dropdown filter

9.Janitorial Supplies Factory (coins): Produces Janitorial Supplies.
Scrubber
Paper Towel
Air Filter Mask
Duster
Vacuum Nozzle
Broom and Dustpan
Wet Floor Sign
Dirty Linen Trolley

10. Donuts Shop (FC): Produces Donuts.
Blueberry Muffin
Glazed Donut
Chocolate Frosted Donut
Vanilla Frosted Donut
Coconut Donut
Strawberry Donut
Boston Cream Donut
Bacon Maple Bar

11. FarmTown Janitorial Services (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:
Rubber Gloves
Scrubber
Paper Towel
Air Filter Mask
Duster
Vacuum Nozzle
Broom and Dustpan
Wet Floor Sign
Dirty Linen Trolley

12. Office Depot (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:
Stapler
Printer Ink Cartridge
Highlighter
Glass Table
File Folders
Portfolio
Cork Board
Pin Set
Lap Desk

The last 6 products to be stocked into the Office Depot are made in the Furniture Factory and Office-School Supply Factory.

Farm 14 and New Levels coming in the next release. We also started working on the Train Commerce feature, to be ready in then next 2 releases.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Mar 14, 6:20PM EST

- 17 New Paths and Patches
- Green Mobile Sprinkler to extend crops gone to waste time
- When you open the Store the scroll position is remembered like before

Known Issues:

None

Hornyroo Mar 10 2012 03:42 AM

awesome ty Raul!!!!

Tony D Mar 10 2012 03:42 AM

Thanks Raul and team :)

al_bundy Mar 10 2012 03:44 AM

Thanks Raul fantastic (:

Farmgirl_Su Mar 10 2012 03:46 AM

all sounds good!! thanks

Molly Mew Mar 10 2012 03:57 AM

Love this update. Many thanks, Raul and team. :)

holla Mar 10 2012 04:01 AM

AWESOME!---Thanks.:)--you guys top notch....

didnt notice a post about the other facility product belts, guess no new ones added?..if they were-didnt see it in the new post above., no biggie--just wonderin...thanks again:)

Lavenda Mar 10 2012 04:05 AM

thanks Devs!

marwahr55 Mar 10 2012 04:46 AM

Thanks again Devs for a nice update - you know how to keep us happy!!! :)

Though I'm not unhappy with my FT, but I watered both farms I have flowers on with the "speed" up water sprinkler (orange one). It shows F,W under my flowers but for some reason nothing is growing quicker - it's growing at the old rate prior to watering with the orange sprinkler. Last update I remember reading where someone else complained of this happening. Could you please check it out to see if we're having a problem?

Thanks! FT Devs are the greatest!

al_bundy Mar 10 2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marwahr55 (Post 5071994)
Thanks again Devs for a nice update - you know how to keep us happy!!! :)

Though I'm not unhappy with my FT, but I watered both farms I have flowers on with the "speed" up water sprinkler (orange one). It shows F,W under my flowers but for some reason nothing is growing quicker - it's growing at the old rate prior to watering with the orange sprinkler. Last update I remember reading where someone else complained of this happening. Could you please check it out to see if we're having a problem?

Thanks! FT Devs are the greatest!

How long does it say it will be untill there ready to harvest?

if you just harvested and then irrigated it should say 1.6 days

if they were previously irrigated the growth time isnt halved a second time in the same growth cycle

also try re freshing the farm sometimes the farm needs to be re loaded to display the correct time :)

rjohn726 Mar 10 2012 04:49 AM

looks good, thanks

HelenJS22 Mar 10 2012 05:27 AM

Thank you :D

Dying to see what our trains will look like.

mac16129 Mar 10 2012 05:34 AM

Thanks to all for another fantastic update to this GREAT game!!!

StoneFace Mar 10 2012 06:08 AM

Farm 14 and New Levels coming in the next release. We also started working on the Train Commerce feature, to be ready in then next 2 releases.

New farm.... woo hoo

New levels..... woo hoo

Trains?..... woo hoo.... chuga chuga chuga chugs.... woo hoo.....

maggiel29 Mar 10 2012 06:18 AM

All looks good - some great stuff and it all shows you DO listen - be good to get some different paths and the canals sound good too. Plus Ive wanted an "unwither crops" tool or similar along with lots of others. Appreciate the link to the "normal" feed for games posts - much needed.
Also looking forward to Farm 14, levels and trains.
And a huge thank you for sorting out the store menu problem - that was a BIG headache and the newer scrolling menu is much better anyway.

maggiel29 Mar 10 2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5072042)

New farm.... woo hoo

New levels..... woo hoo

Trains?..... woo hoo.... chuga chuga chuga chugs.... woo hoo.....

Are you "doing the locomotion" Stoneface? If so I will join in be good to have trains - "working moving" trains on "lines" please Devs.

StoneFace Mar 10 2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 5072054)
Are you "doing the locomotion" Stoneface? If so I will join in be good to have trains - "working moving" trains on "lines" please Devs.

ah yes....

the days of Little Eva and the

Locomotion... woo hoo

AussieGecko Mar 10 2012 06:38 AM

Wheeeeee!!!!

I turned away from FT for just ONE hour and look what happens!!! WHEEEEEE!! I was about to go to sleep but now? NO WAY!!! And farm 14 coming soon? Thank you and thank you and thank you. :D:D:D:D

aa1fy Mar 10 2012 06:38 AM

Not to be picky, but if one doesn't have the sheet metal resources to support the products made by the new facilities, what good are they? What we need much more than a tool to extend the "waste time" of crops is to have the ore content of the mineral mines increased to the point where they will provide the ore necessary to supply the Metal Mills with enough raw materials to build all the products that require the metal. Until then, it's somewhat useless to buy new facilities since you can't build all their products.

HelenJS22 Mar 10 2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 5072054)

ABSOLUTELY - We want PROPER little trains :)

theoxman Mar 10 2012 07:14 AM

Incredible!!...NOT

Wow...another release that is incredibly WEAK. The biggest thing in this one was the 14th farm notice. File this one under "why bother?"

LoreneC Mar 10 2012 07:25 AM

Can't wait to see the new paths! Thank you.

HelenJS22 Mar 10 2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoxman (Post 5072094)
Wow...another release that is incredibly WEAK. The biggest thing in this one was the 14th farm notice. File this one under "why bother?"

I think they have done several little fixes this time, and maybe judgement should be held off until the promised water channels and pathways come out.

1fritz Mar 10 2012 07:38 AM

Thanks Raul and Devs..Another great update..Really like the idea of water channels and new paths, can't wait to see them. And the farm expansions! Wonderful.:D As always you keep the game interesting. THANK YOU!! :D

One Happy farmer

Fritz

Nyakwai67 Mar 10 2012 07:43 AM

Love the new upgrades but we really do need something to help make the mineral mine,open-pit mine,and oil pumps go faster...can't produce what is needed even tho I have them on all farms :( Steel and aluminum are the hardest to get enough of...Ty again for all you do to make this game so much fun..

Don't feed the beggers Mar 10 2012 07:46 AM

how funny is that? I was just thinking yesterday that we needed something to prevent the wasting of crops so that those of us who have a farm for questing would be better off. I plant 12 hrs before I go tot bed but can only plant 4 hrs in the daytime...how nice will this be to be able to have all the quests crops planted and ready for me in the morning. Very cool!!

cyan4jy Mar 10 2012 08:10 AM

Thanks a lot Raul for everything that you have done for farmtown and for all the future developments :)...

For the older players (chronological age and farm town diehards) here is my wish list:

Is it possible to have a sort of summary per farm to guide us where we can see what plants/trees are on a particular farm? I can't remember where I planted my trees especially when there are quests I have to finish :)

It will save time going from one farm (all 13 farms) to another just to see the plants/trees.
I have to make a list of the crops I planted per farm :)..

muffin12 Mar 10 2012 08:36 AM

Was hoping for new levels. No fun playing with no farm cash to buy anything!!

sneakers57 Mar 10 2012 09:00 AM

Show All FT Requests features

I admit up 1st I'm a goober ;) but I was thinking that with this button I could "hide" all such requests on my regular FB and then push this button and they would magically appear...but alas...no. It says there are none...because they are hidden. Help is no help so can anyone tell me how to unhide? And is there a way to set up on FB something like a list that only if I click there I can see FT things? I like this game a lot but some days it's all I see...other FB posts are eaten up by FT. I've asked this ? in general on FB and no one knows and again, help is no help.

Farmer_Susan Mar 10 2012 09:04 AM

<< We also started working on the Train Commerce feature, to be ready in then next 2 releases.

OMGOMGOMG!!! I mean, I love this release but are we really going to get TRAINS?!?!? I'm SOOOO excited! I hope we have old timey trains and circus trains and passenger trains and GOSH! Just so many possibilities of how these can be used! I can hardly wait!

lorrainemc Mar 10 2012 09:13 AM

I LOVE FT!!!...Nice release (as always! great job Dev's) BUT I surely would like to see a tool for doing facilities on neighbors/ppl's farms that would be a one click for each farm as each release has new facilities and service facilities. Most ppl have hundreds of facilities now and it takes me 20-30 minutes to finish one persons facilities! MY Carpel Tunnel is killing me!! I would be happy to spend FT cash on that tool!! TY again for the release....FT the only game I play!!

Texas Star Mar 10 2012 09:16 AM

Thanks for a great release and for the info. on when to expect Farm 14 and new levels!
REQUEST:

Seeds Harvest Time/Alpha Order.... Please consider a secondary sort that puts seeds in Alpha Order within the Harvest Times. It would make it easier to find seeds when planting multiple crops on same farm. I hope it would also eliminate the seeds changing order each time I go back for another type of seed.
ISSUES:
*The seeds have started returning to the top of the page, so if I am planting multiple crops I have to page down to the correct area almost every time I change seeds. *Sometimes two seeds are switching places each time I change seeds, other times it seems more random.

Thanks again for the new release and your hard work to correct glitches as quickly as possible! Your attention to farmers suggestions is very apparent! This is the best game on Facebook and the only place I spend real money!

Texas Belle Mar 10 2012 09:38 AM

You guys rock... Thanks Raul and his cohorts, this is awesome. What about some yellow rice so we can use the saffron? Chicken and rice? When are we using the mameys? Please guys my fingers are itching and already don't feel my three fingers on my left hand, they tell me that is carpal tunnel but hey I don't mind, I love FT!! Thanks again!!

Audrey45 Mar 10 2012 09:44 AM

Thank you !!!!! like the lady said "Are we there yet?" i don't think so WOO HOO

Sandraneta Mar 10 2012 09:48 AM

A thousand thanks for an outstanding and challenging game. I simply love it!!! Clearly, you have progressive thinkers on your team. Thank you for incorporating the fun-filled variety elements to the game, and for substantial upgrades. You are simply the best game for me.

Angel70 Mar 10 2012 09:54 AM

Thanks Raul!!!

I must have missed something. Where is the office accessories factory? Can't find it :(

servocrow Mar 10 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 5072206)
[b]
ISSUES:
*The seeds have started returning to the top of the page, so if I am planting multiple crops I have to page down to the correct area almost every time I change seeds. *Sometimes two seeds are switching places each time I change seeds, other times it seems more random.

I have this issue too, never knew it would make such a difference but it does.

Thanks for another update, looking forward to new levels as well.

I love this game!

blue nile Mar 10 2012 10:14 AM

Thank you for the update! Hope next week comes soon for the green sprinkler ;) It's Mother's Day here next weekend and i have asked for Facebook credits!! :) I would also like a fix for the seeding issue mentioned above!

Vicky Vine Mar 10 2012 10:20 AM

Great update, thanks

lil lamb Mar 10 2012 10:23 AM

i have been checking every day in anticipation of finding a new update, was hoping for more levels and farm 14 but am very satisfied they are on their way in the next update :D i must add that i have been pleasantly amused by hostage taking and funny pics in the social thread thanks everyone its been a fascinating couple of days :P