Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- January 16th, 2020 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644854)

Raul Jan 16 2020 09:36 PM

New Release -- January 16th, 2020

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on January 31st, 11:20PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI

1. 8 new Valentine Items: 7 at the top of the Valentines category in the Store and 1 at the bottom.

2. 25 New Levels: 25 new items in the Winter, Trees, Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion and 'Other' categories in the Store.

3. 50 x 50 farm expansion for Farms 11 to 20: Please note that these expansions are for the *original farms* 11 to 20. If you have moved your farms around using the Farm Selector Manager then you will need to find your original farms from 11 to 20 to expand them. You cannot expand a farm just because it is sitting in one of those locations in your Farm Selector.

4. 7 Overhead Crane tools: Each matching the colors of existing ships, they provide the following benefits:

a) Each crane matching the color of another farmers ship waiting on your Seaport will allow you to load that particular ship in 1 click

b) If you own all the cranes this will activate the 'Load All' button at the top of your Seaport Screen to load *all* the ships at your Seaport 1 click

c) After you dispatch a ship, if it gets stuck at a port for more than X minutes and you also own the matching color crane for that ship, you will be able to load the ship yourself a certain amount of times depending on the ship color:

Blue Ship ---> Self Load up to 1 port after being stuck for 60 mins
Orange Ship -> Self Load up to 2 ports after being stuck for 50 mins
Green Ship --> Self Load up to 3 ports after being stuck for 40 mins
Purple Ship -> Self Load up to 4 ports after being stuck for 30 mins
Brown Ship --> Self Load up to 5 ports after being stuck for 20 mins
Pink Ship ---> Self Load up to 6 ports after being stuck for 10 mins
Yellow Ship -> Self Load up to 7 ports any time you want

Note: As with the Skip button, the self Load button do not work on the last port. Also, to receive those benefits you have to add all the Cranes to your Item Storage.

5. Neighbourhoods Chains Contest Scoring Change: Before this change, the score of a neighborhood is computed by adding all the XP points you earn plus all the XP points that your neighbours earn working the facilities in the contest. We feel that this method is not well balanced as it put too much importance on your neighbours effort and too little on your own individual effort. With this update we changed the way the neighbourhood score is computed as follows:

a) Each XP your neighbour earn contributes 1 point, no change here
b) Each XP you earn, instead of contributing just 1 point, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest

For example, if you have 100 neighbours in the contest and each of them earn 1 XP, then your neighborhood score will be 1 * 100 = 100 points. Then if you earn 1 XP yourself, this will add 1 * 100 = 100 points to your neighborhood score for a total score of 200. This basically makes your individual effort as important as the total combined effort of all your neighbours in the contest.

If you mouse over your total neighborhood score at the bottom of the screen, you will see a tooltip with two lines, one showing your individual contribution and another one showing the combined contribution of all your neighbours.

6. Equestrian Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Equestrian Supplies.

Horseshoe
Hand Held Horse Clipper
Horse Bits
Rein
Driving Bridle
Horse Fly Mask
Saddle Blanket
Rope Halter

7. Bird Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Bird Supplies.

Bird Swing
Bird Ladder
Bird Climbing Net
Bird Breeding Nest
Bird Playground
Parrot Climbing Tree
Parrot Treat
Big Bird Cage

8. Tack Shop (FC): Provides Equestrian Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Equestrian Supplies Factory.

9. Bird Shop (Coins): Provides Bird Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Bird Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - January 22nd, 2:00AM

- Released 25 new levels, see more info at the top of the post.

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 9:00PM

- 8 new Valentines items, see more info at the top of this thread
- Neighbourhoods Chains Contest scoring change, point #5 above

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 9:30PM

- You can now add the Seaport Manager as a shortcut and you can use it everywhere including in the Markets
- When receiving a hire request you will now see if your employer will let you use her fuel first or last
- BugFix: The Seaport Manager was only showing one ship from the same person even when there were multiple ships waiting on your port

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 11:20PM

- BugFix: Can not hire farmers in the market. Super Neighbours can not work your farms.

Known Issues:

- None.

Taz D Jan 16 2020 09:37 PM

Thanks Raul!

bjyhey3 Jan 16 2020 09:54 PM

Thanks Raul

sestree Jan 16 2020 09:55 PM

oooooo I see a Load All button on the ships. It's greyed out for now but happy happies for when it goes active.

eta - found the cranes :D

Thanks Raul.

buffaloboy Jan 16 2020 09:57 PM

hi,
thank you for the update :) <3

greetz from austria vienna
tino

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=39

FarmerWitch Jan 16 2020 10:38 PM

Thank you - looking forward to seeing what we have!

BarbLH Jan 16 2020 10:38 PM

Thanks, Raul & team! Looking forward to seeing what's in this new release.

Aussie Rae Jan 16 2020 10:43 PM

ty, got the new facilities and all the cranes which will save a ton of clicking, lol.. looking forward to seeing what else is in this latest update, great job ft devs and mods :)

Lara Jan 16 2020 10:46 PM

woohoo I am happy

Moose Mob Jan 16 2020 11:51 PM

Cranes, facs, and the next set of farm expansions.

Tom C Jan 17 2020 01:13 AM

Are cranes new?

Aussie Rae Jan 17 2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6337402)
Are cranes new?

they are called Overhead Cranes Tom, cost fc, except for the 1st one.. and they work!! saves a ton of clicking if you have a lot of ships arrive in your port...

Tom C Jan 17 2020 01:37 AM

How long have we had the overhead cranes

Bella Bello Jan 17 2020 01:41 AM

Thanks for the great update, Raul & Team!!

Dr. Dirt Jan 17 2020 04:02 AM

I bought all the cranes. I had my brown ship stuck in a port 17 hrs. I only get the "skip port" option when I try to move it forward. In the store it says I can self load up to 5 ports that have been stuck for 20 minutes. How does that work? My purple ship has been stuck 7 hours and I should be able to self load up to 4 ports that have been stuck 30 minutes but I only see the skip port option there also. Do the cranes have to be in storage?

mattie van tonder Jan 17 2020 04:36 AM

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game.

Details coming in a few hours.

As usual, please report here any issues you may find in the meantime.

--Raul

dont see any new release so I suppose we'll have to figure it out ourselves, thank you, and no upgrading of under-performing FC facilities??

Tiger Jan 17 2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6337418)
I bought all the cranes. I had my brown ship stuck in a port 17 hrs. I only get the "skip port" option when I try to move it forward. In the store it says I can self load up to 5 ports that have been stuck for 20 minutes. How does that work? My purple ship has been stuck 7 hours and I should be able to self load up to 4 ports that have been stuck 30 minutes but I only see the skip port option there also. Do the cranes have to be in storage?

Hi Dr. Dirt,

When you buy the cranes the popup does tell you to put them into storage, so please do that and see if they work fine for you after that.

Edit to Add: Just bought them all. If they are out on a farm you can send any ships via the seaport manger, from any farm. BUT in order to get the Load Ship button on your own ship, instead of the Skip Port button they do need to be in storage.

Aussie Rae Jan 17 2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6337410)
How long have we had the overhead cranes

just released

Dr. Dirt Jan 17 2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6337426)
Hi Dr. Dirt,

When you buy the cranes the popup does tell you to put them into storage, so please do that and see if they work fine for you after that.

Thanks Tiger, putting them in storage worked. Sorry I didn't notice the pop up. :o

Aussie Rae Jan 17 2020 05:29 AM

woo hoo.. just tested out loading my ships that were in other ports.. jumped from port 1 to port 8... this was just a trial to see what happens... maybe now I will do more ships myself... lol

Rob T Jan 17 2020 05:46 AM

Thanks to you and the whole team for a great update :)

marymarcel Jan 17 2020 05:53 AM

Thanks so much Raul and team !! :)

Tiger Jan 17 2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6337434)
Thanks Tiger, putting them in storage worked. Sorry I didn't notice the pop up. :o

Great, thank you for coming back to let us know :D

Tiger Jan 17 2020 06:06 AM

Thanks very much Raul, especially for the Overhead Cranes, no more crazy amounts of clicking to send ships on! I don't care how many ships are sent to me now :D

JNelson Jan 17 2020 07:16 AM

Q - will the overhead crane load and dispatch all ships in my port (i get over 150 of them a day) , and load and dispatch my own ship? or just the ships sitting in my port to send on

Tiger Jan 17 2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6337474)
Q - will the overhead crane load and dispatch all ships in my port (i get over 150 of them a day) , and load and dispatch my own ship? or just the ships sitting in my port to send on

Hi JNelson,

You will have to wait for Raul to release any details on the New Release items.

What we know so far is the following:

They do not prepare the containers on your own ships for you, you still have to prepare them yourself and dispatch your own ships.

They enable a Load All button in the Seaport Manager to automatically load the products on the ships that showing in your port, at that time, with one click, and send them on their way. If you own all of the Overhead Cranes and have put them into storage you can send all ships on, that are in your port with one click of the Load All button and will have chances to load products yourself on your own ships that may get stuck at a port.

Each Overhead Crane works on a specific colour of ship and has a specified amount of self loads and a specified time you have to wait until you can self load.

craftywoman29 Jan 17 2020 09:17 AM

I don't see a pic of the Parrot Climbing Tree in the Bird Supplies Shop. :)

Taz D Jan 17 2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftywoman29 (Post 6337502)
I don't see a pic of the Parrot Climbing Tree in the Bird Supplies Shop. :)

Hi Craftywoman,
We have already notified the developers of this.

WillowTreeFarm Jan 17 2020 10:41 AM

Thank you for the update.

Zeeky Banutski Jan 17 2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6337406)
they are called Overhead Cranes Tom, cost fc, except for the 1st one.. and they work!! saves a ton of clicking if you have a lot of ships arrive in your port...

I hope they provide us a "Load All" button for our outgoing ships too...

BethFB Jan 17 2020 11:58 AM

Will the overhead cranes load our containers or just the ships that comes in? If it does both, it will really help sending ships out faster.

Thanks Raul and team behind the scenes!

Taz D Jan 17 2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6337518)
Will the overhead cranes load our containers or just the ships that comes in? If it does both, it will really help sending ships out faster.

Thanks Raul and team behind the scenes!

Hi Beth,
As it is now, no they don't prepare the containers of your own ships. Whether they will later or not we will have to wait forRaul to post the details of the release. If you wish to make a suggestion to add that please post it in the Suggestions section.

Farmer_Susan Jan 17 2020 12:32 PM

WOW! That "Load All" thing is AWESOME! Well worth it.

TerriFlynn Jan 17 2020 12:55 PM

Loving the Load All!!

Thank you Raul and team

dcsully Jan 17 2020 01:43 PM

New Cranes

so if my ship is in a port and I load it myself - does my neighbor still get the credit?

Tiger Jan 17 2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcsully (Post 6337558)
so if my ship is in a port and I load it myself - does my neighbor still get the credit?

Hi dscully,

In order to get a reward they must load the ship. The reward is calculated according to their level, what containers are on the ship and how quickly they loaded it. If they don't load the ship they can't get their reward.

tammyjo408 Jan 17 2020 02:05 PM

thank you. this is the best.

Texas Belle Jan 17 2020 07:05 PM

Thank you Raul & team, now let the games begin...

WyoSugar Jan 17 2020 08:05 PM

I must be doing something wrong. I bought the blue overhead crane to see how it works. I put it in storage. When I got on, I had 17 ships waiting in my port. About 1/4 of them were blue. I still had to click every ship for each container they were carrying.

Thanks for the update :)

Taz D Jan 17 2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSugar (Post 6337610)
I must be doing something wrong. I bought the blue overhead crane to see how it works. I put it in storage. When I got on, I had 17 ships waiting in my port. About 1/4 of them were blue. I still had to click every ship for each container they were carrying.

Thanks for the update :)

Hi WyoSugar,
Did you have to click on each one once or the 11 clicks you had to do before?
The Load All button only works when you have all of the cranes. From the release notes " If you own all the cranes this will activate the 'Load All' button at the top of your Seaport Screen to load *all* the ships at your Seaport 1 click"