Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 27th, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630694)

maggiel29 Aug 04 2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perryalexander (Post 6181490)
Raul has just posted:

Post-Release Updates - August 2nd, 11:20PM

- Released the Mobile Accessories Factory and Taste of Mediterranea Facilities.

The new "Taste" facilities are nice but way out of proportion to the existing facilities. The people look the size of carnival figures! Putting them by existing facilities makes them look like Gulliver with the Lilliputians. Can they shrink them a bit

They fit in well with the people who often look silly next to buildings and facs.

KnittyGirl Aug 06 2017 08:14 AM

Full screen issue

I don't know if this has been addressed yet but here goes: when I go to full screen to do my farms, everything is fine until I want to water by using the watering can - I can't switch back to any other tool unless I reload the farm. Also, I have to use the "escape" button in order to get out of full screen. The watering issue has happened before but was corrected before I had a chance to report it. Thank you!!

marymarcel Aug 06 2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnittyGirl (Post 6182162)
I don't know if this has been addressed yet but here goes: when I go to full screen to do my farms, everything is fine until I want to water by using the watering can - I can't switch back to any other tool unless I reload the farm. Also, I have to use the "escape" button in order to get out of full screen. The watering issue has happened before but was corrected before I had a chance to report it. Thank you!!

Hi KnittyGirl :)

I just tried what you are describing in 2 of my farms and had no problems. I was able to water my flowers using the water can in full screen and then I was able to switch tools.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farm and check the water can again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If the problem continues, please post a response here and also let us know which browser you are using. Thank you :)

KnittyGirl Aug 06 2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6182166)
Hi KnittyGirl :)

I just tried what you are describing in 2 of my farms and had no problems. I was able to water my flowers using the water can in full screen and then I was able to switch tools.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farm and check the water can again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If the problem continues, please post a response here and also let us know which browser you are using. Thank you :)

Thank you. I'll do that.

Qivis Aug 12 2017 06:11 PM

Have they made improvements to the speed Raul didn't tell us about or is it the latest driver update to my Nvidia video card that is making Farm Town very suddenly mucho rapido? :D

Jack Parks Aug 13 2017 06:54 PM

Gratitude

Thank you! :)

BarbLH Aug 14 2017 12:29 AM

Great release as always, thanks to all!

I'm curious, though...the Release Memo states, "...We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform." What IS the new platform - have the devs shared that information with the mods? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Taz D Aug 14 2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbLH (Post 6183458)
Great release as always, thanks to all!

I'm curious, though...the Release Memo states, "...We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform." What IS the new platform - have the devs shared that information with the mods? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Hi BarbLH,
No the developers have not shared that information. Please keep in mind that Flash will not be going away until 2020 so they have 3 years to do this.

Greatgig Aug 14 2017 05:58 PM

Ok, this is most definitely a new one for me. Loaded my farm 33 this morning and got a pop-up message stating that I had too many facilities on this farm and that I needed to move some or productions would be decreased? I didn't move anything but have gone to that farm several times today and haven't gotten the message again. Anyone else had this happen?

Taz D Aug 14 2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatgig (Post 6183570)
Ok, this is most definitely a new one for me. Loaded my farm 33 this morning and got a pop-up message stating that I had too many facilities on this farm and that I needed to move some or productions would be decreased? I didn't move anything but have gone to that farm several times today and haven't gotten the message again. Anyone else had this happen?

Hi Greatgig,
Even though it says facilities what the message is telling you is that you have too many items on that farm. With trees layered over staggered/layered crops and facilities you are in danger of the database for that farm being maxed out. When that happens you may lose some items off of that farm.