Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 7th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332914)

StoneFace Jun 14 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toranut97 (Post 3615490)
ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

Totally agree :D

Nanny's Nook Jun 14 2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbrandon (Post 3614618)
ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.

I wish someone would explain to me why they think FT is so unfair? You don't need to own everything. EVERYTHING DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN COINS AND FARM CASH. The bottom line is explained very nicely in the next quote by Toranut97.

Quote:

ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.

I've been trying to say this for months, thank you for doing it much elequently than I did!

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverdave (Post 3615662)
ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me all it takes is a little planning and forethought to have 1 farm for animals and facility and one for a mansion with trees and crops and 2 other full sized working farms with 1000 fields available to plant

I've wondered the same thing. Why does this have to be such an issue? Leave your animals where they are and move your crops. Easy peasy. Yes Farm #1 is the default, but anyone that's there to work your farm or check it out knows how to move between farms. When I post my facilities for work I always put in the post farm 2 & 4 so if they don't want to go through all 4 farms they don't have. Again, easy peasy. If it doesn't work for you, well...so be it. My momma has always told us life isn't fair, deal with it.

FarmTownNewbie Jun 14 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanny's Nook (Post 3615782)
My momma has always told us life isn't fair, deal with it.

One smart momma! These complaints crack me up. Do people really think that game developers should do it all for free? Hey, I'm happy to blow $4.99 once in a while to get something cool. But all the freebees are equally as cool. Enjoy the fruits of their labors!

I go outside to my real farm and bust b*tt all day pulling weeds, tilling, planting, harvesting, killing slugs and aphids, throwing out cucumber and squash vines that succumbed to rain rot thanks to the worst spring in history, spraying soap on the tomato flea beetles, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Then in the evening, I park my laptop on my lap and play on my beautiful, lush, money-making farms on Farm Town where my neighbors come over and help and the sun always shines.

Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there. :D

snow_angel Jun 14 2010 12:28 PM

Most of these complainers must not play that other farm game where 99% of the stuff is for farm cash. At least with FarmTown I've noticed that when they make new facilities half will be for coins the other half for cash. At least you can buy some of the facilities. If all these facilities were on that other farm game I'd bet they'd all be for cash only. Like Nanny Nook said (or rather her mother) life isn't fair. This is a game so just enjoy yourself. If you stop complaining about what you don't have you just might start enjoying the game

lulu836 Jun 14 2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations.

As long as we are unpaid beta testers and in some cases spending real-world money for FC I would think that as a courtesy the developers would explain if asked directly what is so difficult about moving animals. There might be someone out there in FarmTown Land that could lend them a hand.

Grumpa Jun 14 2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbrandon (Post 3614618)
ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.

You play a game by the rules that are set down.

would it be fair for a football team to get 5 points every time the other team gets a touchdown?

Grumpa Jun 14 2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmTownNewbie (Post 3615838)
One smart momma! These complaints crack me up. Do people really think that game developers should do it all for free? Hey, I'm happy to blow $4.99 once in a while to get something cool. But all the freebees are equally as cool. Enjoy the fruits of their labors!

I go outside to my real farm and bust b*tt all day pulling weeds, tilling, planting, harvesting, killing slugs and aphids, throwing out cucumber and squash vines that succumbed to rain rot thanks to the worst spring in history, spraying soap on the tomato flea beetles, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Then in the evening, I park my laptop on my lap and play on my beautiful, lush, money-making farms on Farm Town where my neighbors come over and help and the sun always shines.

Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there. :D

Hay I don't want them over on my farm.

servocrow Jun 14 2010 04:06 PM

Sooooo funny to hear the complaints and responses of the FC cash deal...

Try and Zynga game for awhile....THEN you'll see how much better FT is...

It seems so silly to gripe about this FC thing when it is one of the "freest" games around.

As for the animal thing...I didn't have them when I first started playing over a year ago (kept selling them off b/c they just took up room). I only got them when the facilities started and then put them on Farm2. When the Facilities expanded and I got Farm3, I moved my "shops" and "factories" to F3, but left the animals on F2. I don't plant on moving and am keeping F2 my "FALL" design.

piccpete Jun 14 2010 04:16 PM

No entitlement - agreed!

Quote:

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.

THANK YOU, YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY! ;) I began the game when flowers were "coming soon". We had one farm, No storage. The avatar would go alll around to the end of the row just to do one field. This game is soo fantastic. I quit all other games, this one is my total entertainment. I have four farms now, have bought and sold many mansions, animals, trees, and had a merry old time. Glitches? yeah, and folks, LAUGH about them! There is so much to do - that I can't keep up with what I have. It's a game, the devs have done a fantastic job. Want more? PAY FOR IT. If not, there is a TON of fun to be had entirely for free. LIGHTEN UP, you complainers, and ENJOY THIS GREAT GAME! No more whining, please!

servocrow Jun 14 2010 04:21 PM

I forgot about "FLOWERS: COMING SOON"

or 'THE-ENHANCEMENT-THAT-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED'

:D

PennyHatter Jun 14 2010 07:27 PM

Grumpy Farmer Town

[quote=Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there. :D[/QUOTE]

Love this!!!

Tony D Jun 14 2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmTownNewbie (Post 3615838)

Great idea ! Instead of the Inn they could have a Whinery :p (sorry - couldn't help myself)

BjShell Jun 14 2010 10:06 PM

may chickens and shoop barns are 100% but will not let me do them

Double T Dude Ranch Jun 14 2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BjShell (Post 3617398)
may chickens and shoop barns are 100% but will not let me do them

You have to have the animals that belong with those buildings. You need sheep (and/or llamas) and hens(and/or geese) for them to work and the buildings have to be on the same farm as the animal.

SueW170 Jun 15 2010 01:33 AM

Thinking that free FT Cash and every facility, crop, decoration, etc. should be given to us by SlashKey is "entitlement thinking." I agree with you on that point.
However asking for an explanation isn't. It's been pointed out that this is a BETA program. As such, we, the players, are in effect testers. So asking a question and requesting clarification isn't asking to be "given" something for free. Who knows? There are doubtless at least a few highly qualified computer programmers among the FT game participants and with more information, it's even possible that one or more of them could be of practical assistance to the developers.
Using terms such as "justice" and "transparency" may go over the line, this being just a game and one that we choose to play or not play. But requesting information? That in itself doesn't seem out of line.

Quote:

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

lauriellen Jun 15 2010 04:12 AM

I wonder if adding levels really helps much in the long run; the same people will continue to run out of levels and complain again. I'm more interested in buying and selling and arranging the farm than I am in leveling up. The levels were fun early on, but I'd rather see more items in the shops to buy for the farms for functional and decorative use. Maybe some activities like quizzes, word games, etc. And perhaps the ability to enter buildings, sort of like Yoville with a farm theme?

Mrs Borgies Jun 15 2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3617294)
Great idea ! Instead of the Inn they could have a Whinery :p (sorry - couldn't help myself)

LOL..... I should never read this forum when I have a glass of red in my hand!!! Splutter splutter!

Toranut97 Jun 15 2010 07:41 AM

Entitlement revisited

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW170 (Post 3617706)
Thinking that free FT Cash and every facility, crop, decoration, etc. should be given to us by SlashKey is "entitlement thinking." I agree with you on that point.
However asking for an explanation isn't. It's been pointed out that this is a BETA program. As such, we, the players, are in effect testers. So asking a question and requesting clarification isn't asking to be "given" something for free. Who knows? There are doubtless at least a few highly qualified computer programmers among the FT game participants and with more information, it's even possible that one or more of them could be of practical assistance to the developers.
Using terms such as "justice" and "transparency" may go over the line, this being just a game and one that we choose to play or not play. But requesting information? That in itself doesn't seem out of line.

You want information? -- then try corresponding privately with the developers. The OP wanted to offer his/her assistance with the "problem" -- sounds like something with no place in this thread. You want a job? Contact Slashkey and apply. Add to that the petulant, whiny and demanding tone that was taken (basically "I want an answer and I want it NOW!" Then, a day later, "Hey! Where is my answer??? You OWE ME an answer!") and I believe you are seeing a reflection of an entitlement attitude.

It may be Beta but the devs owe us no insights into their game development process nor the behind-the-scenes programming details of this game. Such information may be desirable to those who like to steal ideas. Or that might just be my paranoia. Either way, they owe us no explanations in my book.

And I am sure the devs love hearing how what they are trying to accomplish is "simple" and "no big deal" if they would just let John or Judy Farmtowner pitch in and help. Yeah. Right. It's real simple. Multiple servers, millions of players, cross platform, multiple social network hosts -- no big deal. I am sure if the players an just pitch in and write some code they will solve it all!!!

"Justice" and "transparency" were deliberately employed since so many of the whiniest posters use such phrases as "It is NOT FAIR that we don't get free Farm Cash" or "Why am I being punished?". Transparency because of stuff like this: "Shouldn't the devs let us know what is going on? Why don't they tell us why the animals can't be moved? What are they planning?" etc., etc.

Sorry, i wan't the one who upped the drama ante. The whiners did.

I would like to add thanks to the posters who have contacted me off-list to express agreement with my sentiments.

The whiners are NOT winning friends and influencing people positively!!!

Oh, and something new -- folks, there is a huge section of the board called "Suggestions." Why not take your endless demands for coffee grinders there???:p

Toranut97 Jun 15 2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriellen (Post 3617898)
I wonder if adding levels really helps much in the long run; the same people will continue to run out of levels and complain again. I'm more interested in buying and selling and arranging the farm than I am in leveling up. The levels were fun early on, but I'd rather see more items in the shops to buy for the farms for functional and decorative use. Maybe some activities like quizzes, word games, etc. And perhaps the ability to enter buildings, sort of like Yoville with a farm theme?

They HAVE "YoVille with a farm theme." It is called Farmville. You can't expand your farm, so rearranging is the name of the game.

Personally -- I gave up on it.

StoneFace Jun 15 2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriellen (Post 3617898)

When levels are added, I should be raised up..... after all I did work for the points. I just pre-worked. Like getting a raise, retro-active.

I would like to be able to enlarge the 24x24.... maybe in steps...... to something like a 30x30, or larger. It may not fit on the screen, but I can always click-n-drag.

As to entering the building.... sure... I am curious about the game room, master bedroom, family room and kitchen in my mansions. lol

SnarkFeaster Jun 15 2010 09:46 AM

Grateful as Heck! and a question

I love the new features, o my yes! Just when the game was becoming lame as all getout, you add new stuff and I go all mooshy-happy inside. And the addiction worsens. Oh THANK YOU! :D

I do have a question I haven't seen addressed yet (in 19 pages of reading these forum deelies).

**When I fish my own waters, I catch several for storage, fine. I get that. Now that we're able to hire others, I now see a bunch of [+number] followed by a [-number] -- as if I'm earning extra coins and also losing some. Why is this? Anybody know?

As I rarely hire to fish (just having discovered we can) I haven't had occasion to see what the pluses and minuses do (if anything) when someone else is fishing my waters, nor what happens when I fish someone else's.

I don't see information on this issue, so I apologize if I'm asking a redundant question. And thank you.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!
Amber/SnarkFeaster

Gone Fishin' Jun 15 2010 10:13 AM

Thanks, Developers. You all sure know how to keep the interest growing. Will be very interested to see how you are going to incent the 90+ players. Hope it involves farm cash somehow. (Hint, hint!) :)

bagoshen Jun 15 2010 01:11 PM

I am ready for a new update guys.

You guys are awesome/

dansd111 Jun 15 2010 01:32 PM

We really need a facility to use our fish. Please let this be the next one out. Maybe a fish taco at the taco shop too.

MebeMrS Jun 15 2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansd111 (Post 3618622)
We really need a facility to use our fish. Please let this be the next one out. Maybe a fish taco at the taco shop too.

I don't usually fish or cut bait.... but I suggest a Sushi Shop..... perhaps in the design contest, some one will submit a cool one.

I would still prob not spend my time fishing.... I like the wineries, and the dairy and juice plants more....

Other crops could help sell the bait, I mean the sushi. Lettuce, olive oil, etc.

And when all else fails, use the mulberry worms. lol

PRT Jun 15 2010 01:56 PM

I knew there was a reason I didn't like sushi :)

Lauralee_Shangrila Jun 15 2010 04:25 PM

Thank GOODNESS the same people who made some of the facilities did not do the wine cellar and winery!! I can proudly own these ones :)

When is the olive oil facility getting redesigned? :P

snow_angel Jun 15 2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnarkFeaster (Post 3618218)
I love the new features, o my yes! Just when the game was becoming lame as all getout, you add new stuff and I go all mooshy-happy inside. And the addiction worsens. Oh THANK YOU! :D

I do have a question I haven't seen addressed yet (in 19 pages of reading these forum deelies).

**When I fish my own waters, I catch several for storage, fine. I get that. Now that we're able to hire others, I now see a bunch of [+number] followed by a [-number] -- as if I'm earning extra coins and also losing some. Why is this? Anybody know?

As I rarely hire to fish (just having discovered we can) I haven't had occasion to see what the pluses and minuses do (if anything) when someone else is fishing my waters, nor what happens when I fish someone else's.

I don't see information on this issue, so I apologize if I'm asking a redundant question. And thank you.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!
Amber/SnarkFeaster

I was wondering about the (-) also. I noticed it when I was fishing on another farm.

I'm hoping for a facility for the fish too. I've been saving all my fish just in case.

I agree SnarkFeaster I was getting rather bored with the game and hardly ever played. Then they had to go ahead and had the facilities. I'm hooked now. I look forward to seeing what will be the next new facility.

DOC303 Jun 15 2010 04:44 PM

Wow, gone for a week and the forum explodes...

Just wanted to throw out a thanks for giving MS users a chance to earn FC with offers.

IMHO that does a lot to bring the two platforms a little closer to equal.

SueW170 Jun 15 2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3617294)

And offer some cheese to go with the "whine."

Tony D Jun 15 2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW170 (Post 3619050)
And offer some cheese to go with the "whine."

Don't get them started on the "we need more cheese" posts :p ;)

SueW170 Jun 15 2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toranut97 (Post 3618078)
You want information? -- then try corresponding privately with the developers. The OP wanted to offer his/her assistance with the "problem" -- sounds like something with no place in this thread. You want a job? Contact Slashkey and apply. Add to that the petulant, whiny and demanding tone that was taken (basically "I want an answer and I want it NOW!" Then, a day later, "Hey! Where is my answer??? You OWE ME an answer!") and I believe you are seeing a reflection of an entitlement attitude.

I agree that the demanding tone is totally out of line. And, no, they don't "owe" us answers. Since many interface with the devs through the mods here, though, perhaps a bit more information would be helpful to the mods as well as to other forum participants. Personally, I don't "expect" anything, but on the other hand a sort of "well that's just the way it is" answer? Not a very satisfactory response to a question about a product, whatever that product is.

Quote:

It may be Beta but the devs owe us no insights into their game development process nor the behind-the-scenes programming details of this game. Such information may be desirable to those who like to steal ideas. Or that might just be my paranoia. Either way, they owe us no explanations in my book.
Doubt the question, however impolitely put, was wih the intent to "steal" ideas.

Quote:

And I am sure the devs love hearing how what they are trying to accomplish is "simple" and "no big deal" if they would just let John or Judy Farmtowner pitch in and help. Yeah. Right. It's real simple. Multiple servers, millions of players, cross platform, multiple social network hosts -- no big deal. I am sure if the players an just pitch in and write some code they will solve it all!!!
Totally agree with you that those who refer to programming and maintaining a complex application like FT as "simple," "no big deal" are 180 wrong and probably have no understanding of programming at all.

Quote:

"Justice" and "transparency" were deliberately employed since so many of the whiniest posters use such phrases as "It is NOT FAIR that we don't get free Farm Cash" or "Why am I being punished?". Transparency because of stuff like this: "Shouldn't the devs let us know what is going on? Why don't they tell us why the animals can't be moved? What are they planning?" etc., etc.
Yes, I get quite tired of that "It is NOT FAIR" thing too.

Sorry, i wan't the one who upped the drama ante. The whiners did.

Quote:

I would like to add thanks to the posters who have contacted me off-list to express agreement with my sentiments.

The whiners are NOT winning friends and influencing people positively!!!
Whiners seldom win friends and influence people -- except perhaps the politicians :(

Oh, and something new -- folks, there is a huge section of the board called "Suggestions." Why not take your endless demands for coffee grinders there???:p[/quote]
Those requests appear repeatedly in the Suggestions section -- too repeatedly. Since it's been suggested, noted by the mods and, I'm sure, passed on to the developers, really is time folks move on.

SueW170 Jun 15 2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3619070)

Gosh, no, we don't want to do that LOL
BTW, I've got lots of extra cheese if anyone wants it -- yeah, know there's no way to do this. Just joking around :)

Grumpa Jun 15 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 3619070)

Need some crackers to go with the wine and cheese.:cool:

HelenJS22 Jun 15 2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpa (Post 3619378)

Yum !!! Now there's a thought - I'm in :D

snow_angel Jun 15 2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpa (Post 3619378)

LOL Actually I could use more cheese I'm always running out lol. Well once I get my neighbors to send me the trees I need then I'm hoping I can get them to send me more cows

Tony D Jun 15 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snow_angel (Post 3619466)
LOL Actually I could use more cheese I'm always running out lol. Well once I get my neighbors to send me the trees I need then I'm hoping I can get them to send me more cows

Get them to send you the milk churns. Doesn't slow your farm down as much ;)

Lavenda Jun 15 2010 07:30 PM

give a man a fish & he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever. The cows may slow the farm down but at least I don't have to keep asking my neighbours for them any more - which means my neighbours can gift me other stuff :D

Tony D Jun 15 2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavenda (Post 3619670)
give a man a fish & he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever. The cows may slow the farm down but at least I don't have to keep asking my neighbours for them any more - which means my neighbours can gift me other stuff :D

"Give a man a cow and he will have milk everday" ... "Give a man too many cows and he will die of methane poisioning" ... Or his/her/they Farm will slow down :eek::p

Lavenda Jun 15 2010 07:54 PM

I think you just gave me an idea for another facility...