Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 7th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332914)

Raul Jun 07 2010 07:09 PM

New Release -- June 7th, 2010

Hey there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with the following features/fixes:

1. 10 new levels: More than 20 items, all in coins. More levels comming soon.

2. Textile Mill (coins): Allows you to produce:

- Cotton Textile Rolls from the Cottom crop
- Wool Textile Rolls from the sheep and llamas wool
- Silk Textile Rolls from the Silk Worms. You get the Silk Worms by harvesting the mulberry trees where they live. You get the mulberry tree as gift from friends

3. Sewing Mill (30FC): Allows you to produce:

- Shirts, T-Shirts, Horse Rugs, Harvesting Gloves, Wool Hats, Overalls, Ties and Wedding Dresses

It uses the Textile Rolls from the Textile Mill

4. 2 New crops: Cucumber and Green Grapes

5. You can now produce pickles from the cucumbers on the Food Preserver Factory

6. Winery (Coins): Allows you to produce non-aged wine containers from the Purple and Green Grapes in your storage.

- White Wine Barrel from Green Grapes
- Red Wine Container from Purple Grapes
- Champagne Barrel from Green Grapes

7. Wine Cellar (30FC): Allows you to produce Aged Wine Bottles out of the non-aged Wine Containers that you produced in the Winery. The aged wines can be:

- White Wine Bottles aged 1 and 2 years
- Red Wine Bottles aged 3 and 4 years
- Champagne Bottles aged 5 and 6 years

8. You can now hire others to fish at your farms

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor (not from the harvest of the employer) will compensate you with a share of the products:

- When harvesting crops or trees for others you'll get about 10% of what you harvest
- When harvesting flowers for others you'll get about 25% of what you harvest
- When fishing for others you'll get about 50% of what you catch

All products you earn this way will go into your storage.

10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

Enjoy!

Update 1: All new items for the new levels are at the end of the Buildings and Decorations categories.
Update 2: We are currently working on a way to keep incentivized people with 650K+ XP or 90+ level, stay tunned.
Update 3: On point #9, the extra crops for the Employee comes from the Mayor, not the Employer, similar to the way the facilities work.

--Raul

Mrs Borgies Jun 07 2010 07:12 PM

I am gob smacked!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! Doing a happy dance here!!!!!

SirDaywalker Jun 07 2010 07:13 PM

You guys are so hella Groovy
;)

So if I can make Overalls,
does this mean we finally get a change of clothes?
:eek:

:D

Tiger Jun 07 2010 07:14 PM

thank you very much Raul for all the new information :)

Big Honking Toe Jun 07 2010 07:14 PM

awesome but I am already level 90.

BelliBut10 Jun 07 2010 07:15 PM

Raul - this is great - but when a person reaches level 90 - what number amount do you have to have - is there a level chart someplace on here? I have 1.250 million xp's and know others have way under a million and have reached 90 - I'm sad - I have so many more than them and we are all the same level - I hope you level up real fast - and maybe for those over a million xp's - give us 2 or 3 FC per level - it would inspire others to reach the levels instead of quitting ;) Farmtown rocks - I am so into it - but need more FC to buy stuff - I'll work my butt off for it !!!!

Old Goat Jun 07 2010 07:16 PM

Thanks Raul. So, tell me, do the wine bottles use natural or plastic cork? :D

Saylorgirl Jun 07 2010 07:21 PM

Raul these are awesome updates!! Thanks for the good work!

pursley001 Jun 07 2010 07:24 PM

Great!

You have just made me and a lot of other folks happy here!

HLeeV Jun 07 2010 07:26 PM

Just when I decided to make my first farm all pretty and reduce the amount of crops on it, you go and add new crops and facilities.

Guess my avatar will have to wait to have a nice house and some land to enjoy. :p :D

Now it's off to plant some crops.