Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

marymarcel Jan 03 2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa Barrett (Post 6403678)
Can anyone send me a link to the game itself? I cannot find it :/ I want to play can't find a way to do so. I played years ago but then I got hooked on Farmville :/ Thank you in advance !

Hi Teresa Barrett :)

I moved your post to the thread for Cannot load the game.

First of all, go to your facebook settings, on the left column click in Blocked. Then in the new page, scroll down the page till you find Blocked app and check if Farm Town is there. If it is, please unblcok it.

Then you can come to the forum and click in the Play FarmTown button in the upper right side.

See if the game loads for you. If you see a picture with instructions to allow flash, you have instructions on how to do that in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648778

0202NWOTMRAF Jan 08 2021 02:06 PM

hello

switching laptops to this HP and FT will run in edge but not chrome with win10 (ugh). i've d/l the flash enablers including the FT one, allowed popups, flash, restarted, running on chrome 87 and still getting download failed after enabling flash then reloading. this is a decent laptop with 8gb of ram.

any tips/hints? t.i.a.

this is the url right?

edited to update. now it says adobe flash player out of date. hoping to play these next few days before the switch. any help appreciated. :)

marymarcel Jan 08 2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0202NWOTMRAF (Post 6405274)
hello

switching laptops to this HP and FT will run in edge but not chrome with win10 (ugh). i've d/l the flash enablers including the FT one, allowed popups, flash, restarted, running on chrome 87 and still getting download failed after enabling flash then reloading. this is a decent laptop with 8gb of ram.

any tips/hints? t.i.a.

this is the url right?

edited to update. now it says adobe flash player out of date. hoping to play these next few days before the switch. any help appreciated. :)

Hi 0202NWOTMRAF :)

I removed the link you posted as I received a warning to not continue.

I'm not sure what you want to post for that link.

Did you downloaded a new version for chrome? if so I'm afraid Flash is not available for it. Do you see the picture with instructions to allow flash when you try to load the game in chrome?

If the game still loads in Edge then you could use it for the features we still dont have added in html5 version.

0202NWOTMRAF Jan 08 2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6405278)

Did you downloaded a new version for chrome? if so I'm afraid Flash is not available for it. Do you see the picture with instructions to allow flash when you try to load the game in chrome?

If the game still loads in Edge then you could use it for the features we still dont have added in html5 version.

hello. thanks for your reply.

here is the end of the url i got from flash that allows this site to load. - farm_loader.swf

ya, i saw the option to allow flash but i think you have given me the answer. i may have to try an older version of chrome. :)

have a good day.

LisaScobee Jan 08 2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6405278)

I just received some kind of update to Chrome and I can still load the screen that askes you to allow Flash. Just wanted to put that out there. Do we have a timetable for when Chrome will block flash for sure?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm (Post 6405322)
I just received some kind of update to Chrome and I can still load the screen that askes you to allow Flash. Just wanted to put that out there. Do we have a timetable for when Chrome will block flash for sure?

Hi Starstruck,
The only information we have is Adobe will stop supporting Flash on the 12th of January. Whether that means Flash will stop working at that point we have no idea or when any of the browsers will prevent it from working.

LisaScobee Jan 08 2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6405326)
Hi Starstruck,
The only information we have is Adobe will stop supporting Flash on the 12th of January. Whether that means Flash will stop working at that point we have no idea or when any of the browsers will prevent it from working.

UGH. Any idea when the HTML5 version of the game will be fully operational?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm (Post 6405358)
UGH. Any idea when the HTML5 version of the game will be fully operational?

Hi Starstruck,
No sorry, but it just depends on how quickly the developers can add each function and have it working correctly. We are all in the same boat waiting for everything to be added so the game is fully functional.

zee5758 Jan 08 2021 09:42 PM

Farm Town outside of Fb?

Firstly, thank you for all the work you're doing to transfer away from Flash. I appreciate that you didn't just abandon the game and are allowing all of us to continue playing.

Is it possible to access Farm Town outside of Facebook? I would really, really like to continue playing, but I'm not sure I want to stay with Fb. Are their any other options now or possibly in the future?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zee5758 (Post 6405370)
Firstly, thank you for all the work you're doing to transfer away from Flash. I appreciate that you didn't just abandon the game and are allowing all of us to continue playing.

Is it possible to access Farm Town outside of Facebook? I would really, really like to continue playing, but I'm not sure I want to stay with Fb. Are their any other options now or possibly in the future?

Hi Zee,
No there isn't any way to play Farm Town without Facebook. Facebook is the interface for us to have interact with our neighbors and others who play. Without Facebook there would be no neighbors or others for you to work with.