Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Rob T Jan 07 2011 08:57 PM

Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes

When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include your user ID in your post.
Your USER ID number is below the game screen when you load your game.

Scroll down the page past the yellow box under your farm screen and look for the long number just after "Your USER ID number is: ....... "

This is an example of what it looks like, this users ID is 00000000 , YOUR number will be different and may be longer.

Instructions should you want to put your farm link into your forum signature can be found by clicking on this link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662838

Farmtown hardware and software requirements:
Players will experience optimal gameplay if your device meets these specs:
  • Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera browsers
  • 64 bits Operating System
  • 8GB of RAM or higher
  • Dual Core CPU

• Dedicated NVIDIA / AMD Video Cards or Integrated Intel Video Cards with 512MB Video RAM with updated drivers, old video card drivers can make the game crash. Check this video for instructions on how to update your video card drivers in Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFvhZ6Lie_s

• WegGL 2.0 Support with Hardware Acceleration enabled. Software only acceleration or Google SwiftShader can slowdown the game. Check this video for instructions on how to enable Hardware Acceleration in the Chrome browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6ix4FhgKA

The game will probably run on older lower-end devices but this will increase the chances of crashes and the game not loading due to Out of Memory or WebGL errors.

Important - always check for computer updates and browser updates at least once a week!

If you experience any kind of memory errors, which in the latest version of Chrome you can identify by a gray screen with a sad face on it:
  • Close all the tabs in your browser and then close your browser.
  • Close other applications.
  • Then load the game in a single browser tab to ensure that your computer's memory is being used towards the game only and not other tasks.

Having a 64 bit Operating System with at least 8GB RAM will considerably decrease the chances of memory errors.

If the game is stuck on a black screen due to WebGL not Supported or Disabled error:
  • Ensure you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera browsers.

• Check if WebGL 1.0 is enabled in your browser using the link below.
    If you see a rotating cube, WebGL 1.0 is enabled:
    https://get.webgl.org/
    If you are limited to only using WebGL 1.0 please also read the update in red further down this post!

• Check if WebGL 2.0 is enabled in your browser using the link below.
    If you see a rotating cube with the number 2, WebGL 2.0 is enabled.
    WebGL 2.0 is not a requirement to play Farmtown but it will perform better:
    https://get.webgl.org/webgl2/

If WebGL is disabled in your browser:

a) Ensure you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in your browser.

b) Update your Video Card drivers.

If you need help with either a) or b) you can follow the step by step instructions on the following website, or you can also check the youtube videos provided at the top of this post:

https://appuals.com/fix-webgl-is-not-supported/

UPDATE AUGUST 2022: WebGL 1.0 may no longer be supported by various browsers as time goes on. There is no date listed by the various browsers as to when it may no longer be supported.

Currently Chrome is no longer suitable for those that have to use WebGL 1.0
If Chrome is showing updated and the setting for Hardware Acceleration is enabled but when you try to load the game WebGL is still showing disabled.

Or if you have previously seen in in the FT Console while using Chrome...
LOGWarning: Your browser does not support "WebGL 2" Graphics API, switching to "WebGL 1"
are no longer seeing that and have already done the steps listed above then you will need try using other browsers instead.

The only way to know which Browser will work best on your device is to try them.
We can only recommend some browsers to try BUT what works well for one person may not for someone else. This is nothing new which is why you have to try them yourself!

If there is no WebGL disabled message but the game does not finish loading:
  • Clear your browser cache - remember the first load of Farm Town after clearing browser caches will be slower especially if you have a lot of items set to show in your game preferences like, crops, trees, facilites etc as you will be loading a fresh set of graphics.

• Disable all installed browser extensions - some browser extensions, especially those that hide ads or try to convert Facebook to an old layout may be incompatible with Farmtown. If you find you can load the game after disabling all of them, you can try enabling one, then reload the game to narrow down which extension might be causing a problem before you try enabling another one.

• Uninstall and reinstall your browser - If you only have one browser installed on your computer do NOT uninstall it until you have got another one you know that you can use! Then, IF it's only 1 of the browsers that you are able to use that is having problems loading the game AND you can load it in other browsers, ONLY uninstall and reinstall the browser with the issue. Read any information the browser shows to you when you uninstall it so you know if it will log you out of sites, remove any saved passwords or clear any saved bookmarks that you might want! Only one browser having an issue may be that an update for that browser didn't get correctly updated.

• Try with another updated browser and see if you get the same problems!

If your farms are too slow to load because they have too many *different* items or because of a slow internet connection:
Try enabling the Compressed Graphics option in the Preferences screen.
The graphics will have a bit less quality but will load faster.

How to enable Compressed Graphics:
  1. https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameg...ences Icon.jpg Click on the preferences icon top right of your game screen.

2. Add the check mark for Compressed Graphics, indicated with the red arrow and red box in the picture.
    You may also want to check a few more settings in that window so that there is less of a demand on your computer. If you do please remove the check marks for Show Feedback when Farming and also from Show Animals when not at Home. Add the check mark for Freeze Animals. All three settings are indicated in the picture with a blue box.
  3. When you enable the Compressed Graphics Setting, you will see a popup with information.

4. Click on the green check mark on that popup.

5. Then also click on the green check mark at the bottom of the preferences window to save your changes.

6. Reload Farm Town.

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/Tiger...0 AUG 2022.png

If this setting helps you then you may need to consider more carefully what you are putting on your farms. More items, regardless of what they are, on bigger farms are a much bigger demand on your computers resources!

Dr. TEddy Jan 01 2021 12:38 PM

My Neighborhood Quests for the week will not load. The quest page is there, but it is not showing any facilities. Buttons won't push. Option still seems to be there, just no facilities. Are we not doing quests until after 'the move'?

Tiger Jan 01 2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. TEddy (Post 6402562)
My Neighborhood Quests for the week will not load. The quest page is there, but it is not showing any facilities. Buttons won't push. Option still seems to be there, just no facilities. Are we not doing quests until after 'the move'?

Hi Dr. TEddy,

Only farming and some designing is available in HTML5 version. Facilities can't be used to make or load products so for now the NCC is suspended until those can be added again.

Buddy Jan 02 2021 11:34 AM

Linux OS and Chrome

I can't play the new FT on my Chrome browser...Even if it loads for a short while I get a notice that says.....Your browser does not support WebGL....I have the latest updated Chrome, I clear my cache all the time and I have the hardware accelerator ON...I have also tried with it off and same result...Page freezes and I can't play....Is it a Linux problem or something that will work itself out with Chrome once things get rolling? I have no problems with FT with flash....Any ideas? Thanks, Judy

Taz D Jan 02 2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy (Post 6403238)
I can't play the new FT on my Chrome browser...Even if it loads for a short while I get a notice that says.....Your browser does not support WebGL....I have the latest updated Chrome, I clear my cache all the time and I have the hardware accelerator ON...I have also tried with it off and same result...Page freezes and I can't play....Is it a Linux problem or something that will work itself out with Chrome once things get rolling? I have no problems with FT with flash....Any ideas? Thanks, Judy

Hi Judy,
Your first post on this was moved to the News and Announcements thread about the new HTML version and answered there.
Here is a link to the page where your post is and my answer is lower down the page:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...650270&page=32

whitedoveh Jan 03 2021 10:36 AM

I am having problems loading Farm 29 on my farm town. I think I have too many animals on this farm. Can you possibly remove them or find out if that is the problem. Ive cleared my browser...that doesnt help
. I get this black screen with the little monster in the middle when I try to load farm 29 Thanks

Taz D Jan 03 2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitedoveh (Post 6403598)
I am having problems loading Farm 29 on my farm town. I think I have too many animals on this farm. Can you possibly remove them or find out if that is the problem. Ive cleared my browser...that doesnt help
. I get this black screen with the little monster in the middle when I try to load farm 29 Thanks

Hi Whitedoveh,
We will need a link to that farm to make sure we have the right one in case you have rearranged them.

Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

whitedoveh Jan 03 2021 11:05 AM

link to farm 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6403242)
Hi Judy,
Your first post on this was moved to the News and Announcements thread about the new HTML version and answered there.
Here is a link to the page where your post is and my answer is lower down the page:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...650270&page=32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6403602)
Hi Whitedoveh,
We will need a link to that farm to make sure we have the right one in case you have rearranged them.

Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4874&farm_ix=9

Taz D Jan 03 2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitedoveh (Post 6403610)

Hi Whitedoveh,
The loose animals should be removed now.

Teresa Barrett Jan 03 2021 03:45 PM

Can anyone send me a link to the game itself? I cannot find it :/ I want to play can't find a way to do so. I played years ago but then I got hooked on Farmville :/ Thank you in advance !

marymarcel Jan 03 2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa Barrett (Post 6403678)
Can anyone send me a link to the game itself? I cannot find it :/ I want to play can't find a way to do so. I played years ago but then I got hooked on Farmville :/ Thank you in advance !

Hi Teresa Barrett :)

I moved your post to the thread for Cannot load the game.

First of all, go to your facebook settings, on the left column click in Blocked. Then in the new page, scroll down the page till you find Blocked app and check if Farm Town is there. If it is, please unblcok it.

Then you can come to the forum and click in the Play FarmTown button in the upper right side.

See if the game loads for you. If you see a picture with instructions to allow flash, you have instructions on how to do that in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648778

0202NWOTMRAF Jan 08 2021 02:06 PM

hello

switching laptops to this HP and FT will run in edge but not chrome with win10 (ugh). i've d/l the flash enablers including the FT one, allowed popups, flash, restarted, running on chrome 87 and still getting download failed after enabling flash then reloading. this is a decent laptop with 8gb of ram.

any tips/hints? t.i.a.

this is the url right?

edited to update. now it says adobe flash player out of date. hoping to play these next few days before the switch. any help appreciated. :)

marymarcel Jan 08 2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0202NWOTMRAF (Post 6405274)
hello

switching laptops to this HP and FT will run in edge but not chrome with win10 (ugh). i've d/l the flash enablers including the FT one, allowed popups, flash, restarted, running on chrome 87 and still getting download failed after enabling flash then reloading. this is a decent laptop with 8gb of ram.

any tips/hints? t.i.a.

this is the url right?

edited to update. now it says adobe flash player out of date. hoping to play these next few days before the switch. any help appreciated. :)

Hi 0202NWOTMRAF :)

I removed the link you posted as I received a warning to not continue.

I'm not sure what you want to post for that link.

Did you downloaded a new version for chrome? if so I'm afraid Flash is not available for it. Do you see the picture with instructions to allow flash when you try to load the game in chrome?

If the game still loads in Edge then you could use it for the features we still dont have added in html5 version.

0202NWOTMRAF Jan 08 2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6405278)

Did you downloaded a new version for chrome? if so I'm afraid Flash is not available for it. Do you see the picture with instructions to allow flash when you try to load the game in chrome?

If the game still loads in Edge then you could use it for the features we still dont have added in html5 version.

hello. thanks for your reply.

here is the end of the url i got from flash that allows this site to load. - farm_loader.swf

ya, i saw the option to allow flash but i think you have given me the answer. i may have to try an older version of chrome. :)

have a good day.

LisaScobee Jan 08 2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6405278)

I just received some kind of update to Chrome and I can still load the screen that askes you to allow Flash. Just wanted to put that out there. Do we have a timetable for when Chrome will block flash for sure?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm (Post 6405322)
I just received some kind of update to Chrome and I can still load the screen that askes you to allow Flash. Just wanted to put that out there. Do we have a timetable for when Chrome will block flash for sure?

Hi Starstruck,
The only information we have is Adobe will stop supporting Flash on the 12th of January. Whether that means Flash will stop working at that point we have no idea or when any of the browsers will prevent it from working.

LisaScobee Jan 08 2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6405326)
Hi Starstruck,
The only information we have is Adobe will stop supporting Flash on the 12th of January. Whether that means Flash will stop working at that point we have no idea or when any of the browsers will prevent it from working.

UGH. Any idea when the HTML5 version of the game will be fully operational?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm (Post 6405358)
UGH. Any idea when the HTML5 version of the game will be fully operational?

Hi Starstruck,
No sorry, but it just depends on how quickly the developers can add each function and have it working correctly. We are all in the same boat waiting for everything to be added so the game is fully functional.

zee5758 Jan 08 2021 09:42 PM

Farm Town outside of Fb?

Firstly, thank you for all the work you're doing to transfer away from Flash. I appreciate that you didn't just abandon the game and are allowing all of us to continue playing.

Is it possible to access Farm Town outside of Facebook? I would really, really like to continue playing, but I'm not sure I want to stay with Fb. Are their any other options now or possibly in the future?

Taz D Jan 08 2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zee5758 (Post 6405370)
Firstly, thank you for all the work you're doing to transfer away from Flash. I appreciate that you didn't just abandon the game and are allowing all of us to continue playing.

Is it possible to access Farm Town outside of Facebook? I would really, really like to continue playing, but I'm not sure I want to stay with Fb. Are their any other options now or possibly in the future?

Hi Zee,
No there isn't any way to play Farm Town without Facebook. Facebook is the interface for us to have interact with our neighbors and others who play. Without Facebook there would be no neighbors or others for you to work with.

Karlene Jan 08 2021 09:57 PM

Thank you!

I greatly appreciate all of the moderators and the developers who are working so diligently on migrating Farm Town from Flash to the Unity WebGL Player. For staying with and keeping this fun game and answering all of our questions-thank you.:)

LittleSassy1950 Jan 09 2021 10:10 AM

Cannot get Farm Town to load

Years ago, had an account with Farm Town. Guess deactivated for non-use? I want to start Farm Town - and wonder if this is possible. When I click the link to play, I get this message:

This Page Isn't Available
The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you're trying to open is correct.

Not really tech savvy - so unsure what I should do. Would really love to play again. Thanks for any help.

Taz D Jan 09 2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleSassy1950 (Post 6405470)
Years ago, had an account with Farm Town. Guess deactivated for non-use? I want to start Farm Town - and wonder if this is possible. When I click the link to play, I get this message:

This Page Isn't Available
The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you're trying to open is correct.

Not really tech savvy - so unsure what I should do. Would really love to play again. Thanks for any help.

Hi Little Sassy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.

You may need to check and make sure you have not blocked the Farm Town app in your Facebook settings. Right now Farm Town is in the process of converting the game to HTML from Flash as Flash is ending.

Please try clicking the Play Farm Town button at the top of the forums and see if you can get to the game.

LittleSassy1950 Jan 09 2021 10:43 AM

Farm Town will not load

Hi Taz - and thank you for reply. I tried to load game from forum page. Received the same msg as previously stated. I check FB apps and game is not showing as active, expired or removed. I have another account I play on, so was aware of the HTML version currently in process. At this time it appears I can't access it - and unsure if there is a way to do so. Even incomplete HTML version would at least open the door for me. Thanks for any help suggestions.

Taz D Jan 09 2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleSassy1950 (Post 6405478)
Hi Taz - and thank you for reply. I tried to load game from forum page. Received the same msg as previously stated. I check FB apps and game is not showing as active, expired or removed. I have another account I play on, so was aware of the HTML version currently in process. At this time it appears I can't access it - and unsure if there is a way to do so. Even incomplete HTML version would at least open the door for me. Thanks for any help suggestions.

Hi LittleSassy,
You will need to find the app in Facebook then to reinstall it on that account. It will probably start you a new farm for it instead of reopening your old one.
You could try going to it from one of your neighbors posts.
If you are still getting that message please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread, including the ones in links there.

dn36@embarqmail.com Jan 10 2021 08:59 AM

Can you play farmtown without using facebook.

Hi, been playing since 2009, can you play the game without facebook?

marymarcel Jan 10 2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dn36@embarqmail.com (Post 6405734)
Hi, been playing since 2009, can you play the game without facebook?

Hi dn36 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Loading the game.

I'm sorry but no, we need Facebook as the interface to let us interact with friends and neighbors. Without Facebook it would be impossible to have neighbors/friends for you to work with.

LisaScobee Jan 11 2021 10:58 PM

Does anyone know if I can use flash player on Windows 10 Chrome after tonight?

Answered my own question. Flash is blocked https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...d-of-life.html

Taz D Jan 11 2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm (Post 6406738)
Does anyone know if I can use flash player on Windows 10 Chrome after tonight?

Hi Startstruck,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading. Adobe is disabling Flash at midnight locally, so no you can not use it after tonight. The only way you can play after that time is with the HTML release.

angelkiddo Jan 12 2021 04:12 AM

link waar ik nu farmtown op kan spelen

link waar ik nu farmtown op kan spelen ik weet niet waar ik moet zijn en ik begrijp het niet

Rob T Jan 12 2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelkiddo (Post 6407274)
link waar ik nu farmtown op kan spelen ik weet niet waar ik moet zijn en ik begrijp het niet

Hallo angelkiddo,

Ik heb je bericht verplaatst naar de thread over laadproblemen.

Je zou Farmtown op de normale manier moeten kunnen laden door op de farmtown-link op Facebook te klikken. Wat gebeurt er precies als u op deze link klikt?

angelkiddo Jan 13 2021 08:21 AM

ik kan nu op Farmtown dus dat is goed het is opgelost nu

marymarcel Jan 13 2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelkiddo (Post 6410754)
ik kan nu op Farmtown dus dat is goed het is opgelost nu

Super goed! Bedankt dat je terug bent gekomen om ons dit te laten weten :)

sdean01201 Jan 13 2021 09:33 AM

browser doesnt support webassembly

100000015976266 browser doesnt support webassembly???? i dont know what that means:mad::mad:

jamie koring Jan 13 2021 10:18 AM

Game only loads to grey page. No further.

Taz D Jan 13 2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdean01201 (Post 6410858)
100000015976266 browser doesnt support webassembly???? i dont know what that means:mad::mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie koring (Post 6410918)
Game only loads to grey page. No further.

Hi all,
Please read the banner above your farms and post the requested information in the link provided there.

jamie koring Jan 13 2021 06:26 PM

Grey screen

User ID 100002197176608 . Keep on showing grey screen. Does not go any further,

Taz D Jan 13 2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie koring (Post 6412058)
User ID 100002197176608 . Keep on showing grey screen. Does not go any further,

Hi Jamie,
You have already reported this several times and they have been moved to the thread about the HTML version in the News & Announcements section. You do not need to keep osting this multiple times. The developers are looking at the test data trying to figure out what needs to be done. Please only report if you have additional information and only in the forum thread link in the banner above your farms.

needforsuv Jan 15 2021 11:20 PM

Um, farm link doesn't work.

It only loads the default farm (it seems to ignore the farm id)

Taz D Jan 15 2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needforsuv (Post 6415174)
Um, farm link doesn't work.

It only loads the default farm (it seems to ignore the farm id)

Hi needforsuv,
What farm link are you trying to load?