Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 28th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434702)

kurlikew Aug 26 2011 03:51 AM

I would like to see them give a date too - even if they have to change it later for whatever reason, it'd be nice to be kept up to date on what's happening with new releases!

kahra01 Aug 26 2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4815570)
I guess there is two sides to it. As I've said several times there was a time we went for four months without a word - although that was before we began paying for farm cash - and the pages of 'chatter' at that time were a whole lot longer than this is.

I think we should also perhaps factor the hurricane in .... and as for asking for a time out of courtesy .... all the old players know that if they did that and something went amiss and it didn't happen the 'chatter' would grow to a roar.

Lets just turn out the lights calmly and quietly and come back when they call us :D

Thankfully for them, they didnt need to factor the hurricane into it.. it bypassed them.. a bonus indeed. Oh well.. the excitement has passed.. EPIC anti climax so now I dont care, Ill get set about for a busy weekend! Have a great one everyone, stay safe! x :D

JAS0643 Aug 26 2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahra01 (Post 4815582)
Thankfully for them, they didnt need to factor the hurricane into it.. it bypassed them.. a bonus indeed. Oh well.. the excitement has passed.. EPIC anti climax so now I dont care, Ill get set about for a busy weekend! Have a great one everyone, stay safe! x :D

While Miami didn't get a direct hit from the hurricane the outer edge did pass over Miami so they had some storms form it. I don't know how bad they where but there could be some power outages from them. Hopefully if the devs did lose power they will be back up and running soon and we can get the update some time Friday US time.

Hornyroo Aug 26 2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4815550)
I don't think they have ever released an update during Australian evening time, so I guess we should all turn the lights out in Farm Town and leave so that they get bored and call us back :D

its rare, though i do beleive we had one that may have been released arund 10pm qld time.. i remember doing one final check before bed.. and it was there..

kahra01 Aug 26 2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurlikew (Post 4815578)
I would like to see them give a date too - even if they have to change it later for whatever reason, it'd be nice to be kept up to date on what's happening with new releases!

I agree, it would be nice to know whats happening! I dont know that they could necessarily give a date as Im sure these updates take alot.. but geeze.. look at all these threads going for pages and pages and then some.. its clear everyone was betting on today which is exactly a month since the last one.. all good. But to just leave everyone hanging and not saying anything? I dont think thats good enough.. Surely a Mod could say something to the affect.. sorry gang but the Devs have notified us that the update wont be today (even if it was hurricane related, people would get that!) but they are endeavoring to get it done as soon as possible. At least people know its not coming and can just leave the pc and go and do something.

kahra01 Aug 26 2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornyroo (Post 4815590)
its rare, though i do beleive we had one that may have been released arund 10pm qld time.. i remember doing one final check before bed.. and it was there..

LOL Hornyroo.. we can live in hope I guess! :)

AussieGecko Aug 26 2011 04:17 AM

Still going to have some fun

I'm happily munching my dinner, browsing the forum and thinking it would be nice to suddenly see todays date appear with UPDATE beside it. But...in the event it doesn't happen I want the devs to know I will be waiting with excitement while lurking through the realms of FT. Either way it's still going to be a fun time tonight. Wheeeeeee! I'm off to plant my wheat which I finally ran out of. Happy farming everyone.:D:D:D

bucknine Aug 26 2011 04:27 AM

Anybody heard of Farmtown2?

al_bundy Aug 26 2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucknine (Post 4815614)
Anybody heard of Farmtown2?

yes its nothing to do with farmtown

it is on my block list as i believe it to be a data collecting scam

HelenJS22 Aug 26 2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 4815586)
While Miami didn't get a direct hit from the hurricane the outer edge did pass over Miami so they had some storms form it. I don't know how bad they where but there could be some power outages from them. Hopefully if the devs did lose power they will be back up and running soon and we can get the update some time Friday US time.

Thanks Jas, there is very little coverage on Aussie TV, I've tracked it on the net to a certain degree, but haven't heard from my friend today.