Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 10th, 2012 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482982)

Lavenda Apr 11 2012 03:09 AM

weee! Thanks devs :D

Tony D Apr 11 2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillo (Post 5117554)
I have lost the option to hire friends and neighbors for farm cash if they harvest and work my facilities. Do you have any idea how I can get it fixed? Also, I didn't get updates for the trains. Is that coming soon? Thanks so much for all the updates and I do love Farm Town. Have played since May or June 2009 so I've seen it grow and grow and just love it. Thank you again.:)

Hi, The Option to send out the Farm Cash Challenge is random, if you have earned 30 farm cash from it , it will no longer appear.

This is where the train items are :-

Tracks: Paths category in the Store
Train Depot: Buildings category in the Store
Passenger Locomotive and Wagon: Motion Cagetogy in the Store.

SeamsToBeSew Apr 11 2012 03:43 AM

Awesome upgrade Raul, love the new view of the dairy plant.

Padme Apr 11 2012 03:53 AM

A neighbor of mine just posted the police station asking for help referring clients. When I click on it I go to the farm it is on but the option to work the service facilities doesn't come up and when I click on the service facilities I can't work them. Just a little glitch I noticed. Yes I am sure she posted a request for help and not posted that she bought the facility I looked several times at that to make sure.

farmerjosie Apr 11 2012 03:58 AM

Thank you for my new farm, Raul. Love the trains and the new bushes. A brilliant job as ever. This is the only game I play and I am totally addicted. :)

FarmerWitch Apr 11 2012 04:12 AM

Thanks for an awesome update :-)

Mrs Mags Apr 11 2012 04:15 AM

Awesome update, thank you so much Raul and the Devs... :)

shirl312 Apr 11 2012 05:31 AM

yeah new levels coming, can get another fc facility/services - skipping (deleting) quest that cannot be accomplished seems very important to consider releasing in future update

rjohn726 Apr 11 2012 05:45 AM

thanks for the update

Tony D Apr 11 2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padme (Post 5117994)
A neighbor of mine just posted the police station asking for help referring clients. When I click on it I go to the farm it is on but the option to work the service facilities doesn't come up and when I click on the service facilities I can't work them. Just a little glitch I noticed. Yes I am sure she posted a request for help and not posted that she bought the facility I looked several times at that to make sure.

Hi , thanks the developers have been advised of this.

StoneFace Apr 11 2012 06:45 AM

Things I like about this release:

1] it came out earlier in the night than usual... so I had hours to enjoy it, and some 4hr crops went wasted because of it... tough to lose "real" money, but oh well

2] the new view of the dairy plant is great..... overdue for sure.... but great and much appreciated. I look forward to alternate views for some of the other large buildings.

3] trains are really cute (tracks are super). Thanks for not making them too cartoonish. I also think that making them available for coin is a good move. Although I expect the future additions which will bring products, will be for Farm Ca$h.... I have no problem with that.

4] donuts and cops.... great combination.... I may have to move a coffee shop closer to the police station now.

5] expansions to 28x28 are now bought and paid for at all 14 farms at both accounts. Also bought #14 for the "feeder" farm, although not sure what I will plant there.

6] already have 10's of thousands of whey..... the road to the Dan Degrees sure was the Autobahn

7] have NOT tried the new mini-game..... probably be last on the priority list as usual.

thanks devs.... when does #15 come out? :D

I foresee #16 changing the layout to a 4x4 and then growing to a 4x5.

so why not just give us the 20 farms now... and that will hold us for a month. :eek:

Indigo Rose Apr 11 2012 06:53 AM

All playing trains are we? :D

Sandie Angel Apr 11 2012 07:00 AM

Thanks for all the work done!!! ....but PLEASE make new factories more enjoyable. Make them produce stuff in more coins values, since you have made all your farmers now very poor farmers. We need factories that can produce stuff in more coins value.....at least 9,000 to 10,000 in each item in coins value to compensate for all the coins that we have spent to expand our farms. Otherwise, I will not play the games. I absolutely refuse to slave for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Sandie Angel :(

StoneFace Apr 11 2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandie Angel (Post 5118094)
Thanks for all the work done!!! ....but PLEASE make new factories more enjoyable. Make them produce stuff in more coins values, since you have made all your farmers now very poor farmers. We need factories that can produce stuff in more coins value.....at least 9,000 to 10,000 in each item in coins value to compensate for all the coins that we have spent to expand our farms. Otherwise, I will not play the games. I refuse to slave for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Sandie Angel :(

:confused:

slave? And here I thought that everything we did, and choose to do, was available only to free-men.

:cool:

peekachoo Apr 11 2012 07:35 AM

Great to read about the new updates, thanks for all the hard work...I can't see the new style dairy plant that folk have been chatting about, will it replace the style I already have , or do you have to buy new to get it ? I can see the trains ,which are cute, but no sign yet of the tracks ,lol.

The only thing I am disappointed with is that there won't be any more than 25 new levels, but then Rome wasn't built in a day and lots of new stuff has been brought in.

StoneFace Apr 11 2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 5118158)
Great to read about the new updates, thanks for all the hard work...I can't see the new style dairy plant that folk have been chatting about, will it replace the style I already have , or do you have to buy new to get it ? I can see the trains ,which are cute, but no sign yet of the tracks ,lol.

The only thing I am disappointed with is that there won't be any more than 25 new levels, but then Rome wasn't built in a day and lots of new stuff has been brought in.

If you click on your dairy plant... you now have a new option in the list to select an alternate view..... you can go back and forth between the views... but IMHO, the new view is better, cleaner, smaller (!!), and less cartoonish... a good job all around

Re: the tracks. Go to the store, under paths.... about a 1/4 way down, you have a number of track-piece selections. They too are well done.

Also, the train depot (a bit on the tiny side, but that is fine) can be found in the building section... again about 1/4 or so down the list

PS.. you may have to change your name to peekachoochoo

PPS.. there are 25 (and just possibly more) expected in a few days.

HelenJS22 Apr 11 2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 5118158)

For the new look dairy plant, just go to the one you already own and click on it.

Towards the bottom of the drop down menu you will see 'switch view'. Click on that and it will show you the new style and give you the opportunity to switch to it. Just be aware that the new version doesn't always sit easily into the same space that the old one did and it can sometimes be a bit tricky if you don't have spare room on your farm.

The train tracks are in the 'paths/ground' section of the store. Put it into alphabetical mode and scroll down to the Ts.

auntyPix Apr 11 2012 07:51 AM

:D YES!!!! I get to play Trains on FarmTown!!! now I am thinking months ahead to all the new releases that go with Trains! Thankyou HEAPS & HEAPS for our new trains xx

peekachoo Apr 11 2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5118170)

PS.. you may have to change your name to peekachoochoo

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa , I have been called a lot worse :D

peekachoo Apr 11 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5118174)
For the new look dairy plant, just go to the one you already own and click on it.

Towards the bottom of the drop down menu you will see 'switch view'. Click on that and it will show you the new style and give you the opportunity to switch to it. Just be aware that the new version doesn't always sit easily into the same space that the old one did and it can sometimes be a bit tricky if you don't have spare room on your farm.

The train tracks are in the 'paths/ground' section of the store. Put it into alphabetical mode and scroll down to the Ts.

Thanks Helen and Stoneface for the info ;)

Guldfisk Hansen Apr 11 2012 08:07 AM

Thanks so much dear devs :-) This is a great upgrade.
I just LOVE the new shrubs, I see redecorations on all my farms with those, YAY.
The new look of the dairy is great and much appreciated for the ones of us that decorate for prettiness.
And of course I love the new train, and look forward to all the fun we will have with new stuff for the railways.
Oh and yes, appreciate farm 14 too, which will be of course the train farm :-)

carolann43 Apr 11 2012 08:11 AM

Is there a way to notify us when a field is ready? 14 farms now to check is time consuming. Can it be highlighted like when it needs pig doo doo????

rjohn726 Apr 11 2012 08:36 AM

Thanks for the Police station which I bought some time back as I felt I needed police protection in my towns. However you for got that they need coffee to live on, and now the others like Green tea as well as others in the selection

blue nile Apr 11 2012 09:24 AM

Hi! Thanks for the update! While i was waiting for it i rearranged a few farms spending loads of coins along the way!! First time for ages not been able to buy complete new farm all at once but i love it all! Have been busy moving quest farm to another farm so i am in a muddle! ;) Now to see what to do with train and tracks. :D

cougarlady Apr 11 2012 09:52 AM

Do we need train tracks on all farms for the future addition or just a row of tracks running in the same direction?

Grumpa Apr 11 2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougarlady (Post 5118346)
Do we need train tracks on all farms for the future addition or just a row of tracks running in the same direction?

we will just have to wait and see. but I don't think that we will.

lyndowns Apr 11 2012 09:59 AM

Thanks for farm 14 and new stuff, I already had police station as a decoration, what im finding now is that is does not show up in my facility manager.

lab lover Apr 11 2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndowns (Post 5118362)
Thanks for farm 14 and new stuff, I already had police station as a decoration, what im finding now is that is does not show up in my facility manager.

just pop it into storage,then place back on your farm and it will show in the facility manager :)

Vicky Vine Apr 11 2012 10:11 AM

Great update, as usual ty so much

Tygered Apr 11 2012 10:29 AM

Ok, you guys are simply awesome. I already bought my new farm and now will go ride on my new train. LOL.

Sylentiger Apr 11 2012 11:29 AM

Thank you for the update, farm 14, and still seeking MORE INPUT on how this Train thing is suppose to work....

FarmTown is the ONLY game to play....Raul and the gang are the GREATEST!!!!

wish list...Factory Manager Filter to seperate Factories from Services from Livestock Buildings....

fireman5214 Apr 11 2012 11:57 AM

great updates, but we need SWITCHES / TURNOUTS for the train tracks... we have a cross but no switches for a siding.... heck even a Y or a 3-point turnout.

also love the new dairy farm

also would LOVE to see a BAN on all farm layering!

Tiger Apr 11 2012 12:11 PM

Thanks very much Raul and all the Team :D

Taz D Apr 11 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman5214 (Post 5118554)
great updates, but we need SWITCHES / TURNOUTS for the train tracks... we have a cross but no switches for a siding.... heck even a Y or a 3-point turnout.

I was thinking the same thing when I was laying out my track. I also am into model railroading and you can't lay out a track with out at least a couple turnouts...:D
Great up date Raul and company!!

ckerider Apr 11 2012 12:56 PM

I purchased the police station quit some time ago. Now it is a service facility I can load it up with the goodies, however it does not show up anywhere on my Facility Manager... and when I submit the post for neighbors to work it.... it does not work for that purpose! Is anyone else having this problem? I don't want to have to 'buy' it again just so it works properly. Any help you can give me would be appreciate!

LoreneC Apr 11 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckerider (Post 5118598)
I purchased the police station quit some time ago. Now it is a service facility I can load it up with the goodies, however it does not show up anywhere on my Facility Manager... and when I submit the post for neighbors to work it.... it does not work for that purpose! Is anyone else having this problem? I don't want to have to 'buy' it again just so it works properly. Any help you can give me would be appreciate!

Put it in storage then put it back on your farm.

barbara nixon Apr 11 2012 01:14 PM

woohoo a train finally..thanks to the devs for gettin us what we want ...love this game...

JuneRedding Apr 11 2012 01:17 PM

What can I say but fantastic update :) thank you Raul and team. One small thing that came up in discussion with my neighbours ;) will we be getting proper Fireman and Police calenders so we ladies can drool over the eye candy ;)

Hornyroo Apr 11 2012 01:37 PM

was it my imagine, or can the train we have now only be placed one way, didn't see a rotat option...

sillybug1 Apr 11 2012 01:57 PM

Train Tracks

Thank y'all so much for the update....in working with the train tracks I noticed we do not have a 'y' connector...could we please get one?

Thanks so much,
silly