Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighborhood Chains Contest (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621818)

pamme Aug 04 2023 01:58 PM

While playing Neighborhood Chain Quest, I purchased the Science Supplies Factory yesterday, but it is not acknowledging it. It is showing up in my Facility Manager. I worked it yesterday and today.

Taz D Aug 04 2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamme (Post 6557786)
While playing Neighborhood Chain Quest, I purchased the Science Supplies Factory yesterday, but it is not acknowledging it. It is showing up in my Facility Manager. I worked it yesterday and today.

Hi Pamme,
I moved your post to the thread about the NCC as this is not about the farm pass.
The Science Supplies you bought will not show in your NCC because you already have 2 FC facilities and 2 coin facilities in it. You can not have more coin facilities than you have FC facilities. For it to add you would have to buy another FC facility to add.

Irish355 Sep 30 2023 11:17 AM

User ID 1462765312 Build No: 554.
I own one Egyptian Rest on F40; 2 Boba Tea Supply on F2 & F5; 1 Interior Design Dec on F4 and 2 Realitor Supply Fac. on F40 & F43. Yet in this week's contest it is only showing I own one of each. Why is that? If I own 3 Cash and 3 Coin why are they not showing?

Taz D Sep 30 2023 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish355 (Post 6563362)
User ID 1462765312 Build No: 554.
I own one Egyptian Rest on F40; 2 Boba Tea Supply on F2 & F5; 1 Interior Design Dec on F4 and 2 Realitor Supply Fac. on F40 & F43. Yet in this week's contest it is only showing I own one of each. Why is that? If I own 3 Cash and 3 Coin why are they not showing?

Hi Irish,
I just checked your contest data and I see 2 Egyptian restaurants, 1 Boba Tea Supplies, 1 interior design decor factory, and 2 Realtor supply factory in your contest entry. So it is correct in the count of facilities.

Irish355 Sep 30 2023 03:54 PM

That is because I added two today. However I had 2 Boba Tea supplies and 2 Realitor Supplies Factory to begin with when the contest began. I added one Egyptian rest. today.

marymarcel Sep 30 2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish355 (Post 6563374)
That is because I added two today. However I had 2 Boba Tea supplies and 2 Realitor Supplies Factory to begin with when the contest began. I added one Egyptian rest. today.

Hi Irish :)

Taz is not available at this moment.

As you added a restaurant, then you now have:

2 Egyptian Restaurants (Farm Cash)
1 Boba Tea Supplies Store (Farm Cash)

1 Interior Design Decor Factory (Coins)
2 Realtor Supplies Factory (Coins)

Please notice that the Boba Tea Supplies Store (service facility) is the one for the NCC.
You own 2 Boba Tea Supplies Factory.

Irish355 Sep 30 2023 07:07 PM

Thank you for the clarification. Appreciate your explanation. My mistake.

marymarcel Sep 30 2023 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish355 (Post 6563382)
Thank you for the clarification. Appreciate your explanation. My mistake.

You are very welcome Irish :)

MammaKanode Oct 01 2023 12:24 PM

Picking competing neighbors???

[IMG]file:///Users/ankanode/Desktop/Screenshot%202023-10-01%20at%2010.20.55%20AM.png[/IMG]
Please explain HOW this is competing neighbors? Three times in a row we have had these same TWO neighborhoods to compete against. I am done with NCC. You need a better system.

marymarcel Oct 01 2023 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaKanode (Post 6563426)
[IMG]file:///Users/ankanode/Desktop/Screenshot%202023-10-01%20at%2010.20.55%20AM.png[/IMG]
Please explain HOW this is competing neighbors? Three times in a row we have had these same TWO neighborhoods to compete against. I am done with NCC. You need a better system.

Hi MammaKanode :)

There is no way for us to see your picture.

Anyway, you need to check the other neighborhoods as soon as they are selected when they should show similar strengh.

Please remember that neighbors can start the NCC till Sunday at 23:59 PM so some of them will have more people added after they are seleted.
Also, you and the others can add more facilities so numbers can change quickly.

MammaKanode Oct 01 2023 02:22 PM

Baloney

Sorry you cannot see the pictures of our NCC, but for three cycles, we have been up against, 46.285,011 1st, 2nd, 37,462,252 and 35,854,856 AS OF RIGHT NOW and the rest of the groups are all under 16K and have pretty much stopped. Put the people that play ALL DAY LONG together, and those that play as a game against each other. If you can't see that, then something is clearly wrong. Even when I sit here for hours and do nothing but post and work facilities, we get nowhere. Pretty much why I will not be participating in them anymore except to help out someone.

marymarcel Oct 01 2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaKanode (Post 6563434)
Sorry you cannot see the pictures of our NCC, but for three cycles, we have been up against, 46.285,011 1st, 2nd, 37,462,252 and 35,854,856 AS OF RIGHT NOW and the rest of the groups are all under 16K and have pretty much stopped. Put the people that play ALL DAY LONG together, and those that play as a game against each other. If you can't see that, then something is clearly wrong. Even when I sit here for hours and do nothing but post and work facilities, we get nowhere. Pretty much why I will not be participating in them anymore except to help out someone.

Hi MammaKanode :)

If you wish you can post your idea in Suggestions section for the developers to read.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to the thread about NCC.

This is the link to Suggestions:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

FarmersWife1965 Oct 08 2023 01:02 PM

Hi, I am having an issue with the NCC. When I choose the Competing Neighborhoods tab, it is still showing the message saying that it is still selecting neighborhoods and to check back tomorrow. This usually resets on Saturdays to show the new neighborhoods, but mine has not reset, and it showed that message yesterday, as well as today, Sunday. Any idea why? Thanks!

marymarcel Oct 08 2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6564026)
Hi, I am having an issue with the NCC. When I choose the Competing Neighborhoods tab, it is still showing the message saying that it is still selecting neighborhoods and to check back tomorrow. This usually resets on Saturdays to show the new neighborhoods, but mine has not reset, and it showed that message yesterday, as well as today, Sunday. Any idea why? Thanks!

Hi FarmersWife :)

Please read the following information:

Competing Neighborhoods will be assigned on either of two days:

For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST.

For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST.

You opened your NCC yesterday, Saturday 07 October, so you will get the competing Neighborhoods tomorrow.

FarmersWife1965 Oct 08 2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6564034)
Hi FarmersWife :)

Please read the following information:

Competing Neighborhoods will be assigned on either of two days:

For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST.

For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST.

You opened your NCC yesterday, Saturday 07 October, so you will get the competing Neighborhoods tomorrow.

Thanks so much Mary!! I forgot about this. My truck broke down, my husband is away, AND I just set up my new laptop, so I didn't get to open the NCC until yesterday. Lesson learned! Now I just have to adjust to the change, due to my actions. LOL

marymarcel Oct 08 2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6564038)
Thanks so much Mary!! I forgot about this. My truck broke down, my husband is away, AND I just set up my new laptop, so I didn't get to open the NCC until yesterday. Lesson learned! Now I just have to adjust to the change, due to my actions. LOL

You are very welcome FarmersWife :)

Farmer_Susan Oct 08 2023 08:53 PM

I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask anyway:

I have 4 facilities in this week's contest. One of each. I have two each of the coins facilities, but only 1 each of the FC ones.

I'm considering buying a second of one of the FarmCash ones but ONLY if I can get my second Iraqui Restaurant assigned. If I get the Playground one, it won't do me enough good to be worth it.

But there's no way to predict which extra coins facility would be added, right?

marymarcel Oct 09 2023 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6564090)
I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask anyway:

I have 4 facilities in this week's contest. One of each. I have two each of the coins facilities, but only 1 each of the FC ones.

I'm considering buying a second of one of the FarmCash ones but ONLY if I can get my second Iraqui Restaurant assigned. If I get the Playground one, it won't do me enough good to be worth it.

But there's no way to predict which extra coins facility would be added, right?

Hi Farmer Susan :)

Sorry there was nobody here to answer you sooner.

Please open your NCC Manager and click in Add more facilities? blue button. You will find several examples on how facilities are added to the contest.

Farmer_Susan Oct 09 2023 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6564106)
Hi Farmer Susan :)

Sorry there was nobody here to answer you sooner.

Please open your NCC Manager and click in Add more facilities? blue button. You will find several examples on how facilities are added to the contest.

Thanks, but I'm not sure any of those rules answer this particular question. I currently have both of the FC facilities (1 each), plus 2 each of each of the coins facilities. My GOAL is actually to get a certain coins facilities (Iraqi Restaurant) and I only want to buy 1 additional FC facilities. Buying 1 additional FC facility will promote ONE of my additional coin facilities to the contest, but as far as I can tell, which one is just chance.

It's too late to accomplish what I was hoping to accomplish for this week, but I've wondered about this before so I'd still love to know if there's a way to control WHICH coin facility you'll get if you only buy 1 FC facility and have several coins facilities of each from which to choose.

Hope that makes sense! LOL

marymarcel Oct 09 2023 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6564122)
Thanks, but I'm not sure any of those rules answer this particular question. I currently have both of the FC facilities (1 each), plus 2 each of each of the coins facilities. My GOAL is actually to get a certain coins facilities (Iraqi Restaurant) and I only want to buy 1 additional FC facilities. Buying 1 additional FC facility will promote ONE of my additional coin facilities to the contest, but as far as I can tell, which one is just chance.

It's too late to accomplish what I was hoping to accomplish for this week, but I've wondered about this before so I'd still love to know if there's a way to control WHICH coin facility you'll get if you only buy 1 FC facility and have several coins facilities of each from which to choose.

Hope that makes sense! LOL

Hi Susan :)

I'm not sure but I think that the coins facilities added depends in which farm they are placed.

So if you have the second restaurant let say on farm 2 and the other coin facility on farm 6, then the restaurant is added. And viceversa.

Please remember that you cant move the competing facilities to other farm or you will be done with the contedt for this week.

Farmer_Susan Oct 09 2023 09:11 AM

Hmmm . . . I can check that, but chances are the two extras are on the same farm. I'm guessing then it's either alphabetical or date purchased or totally random! LOL

Does it matter at all where you put the new FC facility? I'd have control over that.

Anyway - thanks for trying to help!

marymarcel Oct 09 2023 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6564134)
Hmmm . . . I can check that, but chances are the two extras are on the same farm. I'm guessing then it's either alphabetical or date purchased or totally random! LOL

Does it matter at all where you put the new FC facility? I'd have control over that.

Anyway - thanks for trying to help!

If they are on the same farm then it would be randomly chosen.

You are welcome Susan :)

mo54862 Oct 20 2023 07:19 PM

chain contest bonus

I been doing the neighborhood chain contest for a few months now.

I was ranking 1st in my neighborhood community ... I just checked and it appears to be over for the past week. I click to recieve rewards then it let me thank my neighbors that participated but I didn't get a chain contest bonus of FCash. I went to my account activity and it is not showing up.

Why did I not get a bonus .... I should have have ranked 1st in my community.

What happened.

marymarcel Oct 20 2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo54862 (Post 6565758)
I been doing the neighborhood chain contest for a few months now.

I was ranking 1st in my neighborhood community ... I just checked and it appears to be over for the past week. I click to recieve rewards then it let me thank my neighbors that participated but I didn't get a chain contest bonus of FCash. I went to my account activity and it is not showing up.

Why did I not get a bonus .... I should have have ranked 1st in my community.

What happened.

Hi mo54862 :)

Please provide your user id number.

You find it below the game screen where it says:

You User ID number is:xxxxxxxxxx

Joyinlife Nov 04 2023 05:54 PM

Neighborhood Chains Contests

I do not like that you have added other neighborhoods into the chains contest. Now the people in our neighborhood rarely win. Is there a way to remove the other neighborhoods?

Another thing, I have a lot of every coin farm and a few rare cash farms. (for us seniors, they are too expensive). I used to be able to add more than one of my other farms to the contest; now I can't. I cannot for the life of me understand your explanation of what it takes to get more added.

Help

marymarcel Nov 04 2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6566822)
I do not like that you have added other neighborhoods into the chains contest. Now the people in our neighborhood rarely win. Is there a way to remove the other neighborhoods?

Another thing, I have a lot of every coin farm and a few rare cash farms. (for us seniors, they are too expensive). I used to be able to add more than one of my other farms to the contest; now I can't. I cannot for the life of me understand your explanation of what it takes to get more added.

Help

Hi Joyinlife :)

I moved your post to the thread about NCC.

Your neighborhood is made up of you and your neighbors who play NCC.

Your neighborhood will compete against 9 other neighborhoods, that hasn't changed so I don't understand what you're saying about adding other neighborhoods.

About adding facilities or how many facilities you are able to have in the NCC, these are the rules:

- If you have none of the FC facilities for the contest then you can only use 2 coin facilities.

-If you have 1 of each of the FC facilities, then you can still only use 2 coin facilities.

-If you have more than 1 of the FC facilities, you can use those plus an equal number of coin facilities. For example, if you have 3 of the 2 FC facilities then you can use 3 of the coin facilities.

You can only use as many coin facilities as you have FC facilities.

Vivienne57 Nov 25 2023 05:35 AM

NCC Neighbours

I am not a happy bunny. Why do you include my neighbours in the NCC going against me. The reason I add friends as neighbours is because they are good players and contribute a lot to the NCC and vice versa. I have mentioned this before. There are so many people playing FT so why pit neighbours against neighbours it's not right. I know you have said that it's the developers that do this so the developers should sort it out and stop this from happening. I enjoy the game and know that glitches will eventually get fixed, but I hate it when I am up against my own neighbour!!!!!!!!!! it takes the fun out of the game

Tiger Nov 25 2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivienne57 (Post 6568506)
I am not a happy bunny. Why do you include my neighbours in the NCC going against me. The reason I add friends as neighbours is because they are good players and contribute a lot to the NCC and vice versa. I have mentioned this before. There are so many people playing FT so why pit neighbours against neighbours it's not right. I know you have said that it's the developers that do this so the developers should sort it out and stop this from happening. I enjoy the game and know that glitches will eventually get fixed, but I hate it when I am up against my own neighbour!!!!!!!!!! it takes the fun out of the game

Hi Vivienne57,

Nothing has changed about the way Neighbourhoods are selected.
No-one has any control over what anyone is willing to do and how much they can contribute to the NCC contest. There will be times when some farmers can earn a lot of points and there will be times when they may be far more busy and can not contribute as much that week.

Your neighbour is still helping you with your own contest the exact same way they would if they were not showing up in the Competing Neighbourhood.

Even if there were enough participating in the NCC and it was possible to not show any current Neighbour in a competing Neighbourhood that still does not guarantee anything about your own Neighbourhoods ability to earn points or what the Competing Neighbourhood may be able to earn. You could still be competing with those that could earn as many or more points than your own Neighbourhood.

If you have not already done so, you can post your request for what you would like to see changed in the NCC in the relevant post related to your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it.

Joyinlife Nov 25 2023 10:59 PM

Competing Neighborhoods in Chains

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaKanode (Post 6563426)

I agree with you. Used to be we just had our own neighborhood to compete against. Now with all these others, it is no longer any fun. They should seperate them so it is similar to like it was before.

Taz D Nov 25 2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6568570)
I agree with you. Used to be we just had our own neighborhood to compete against. Now with all these others, it is no longer any fun. They should seperate them so it is similar to like it was before.

Hi Joyinlife,
Nothing has changed in how the contest is set up and run. Your neighborhood is all your neighbors who play and they are on your team. That has not changed. The 10 neighborhoods chosen to compete against each other are chosen at random among those neighborhoods that closely match yours at the time of selecting. That has not changed either. Sometimes a neighbor of your is chosen to compete against you as each of your neighborhoods closely match and there are not enough other choices to fill out the 10 teams. That also hasn't changed.

Qivis Dec 14 2023 07:17 AM

I selected "thank my neighbours first" on the contest this morning, but it will not let me. Usually if the second tab is not selectable refreshing the game fixes things. But it still will not let the second tab be selected and it has started this week's contest.

marymarcel Dec 14 2023 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6569990)
I selected "thank my neighbours first" on the contest this morning, but it will not let me. Usually if the second tab is not selectable refreshing the game fixes things. But it still will not let the second tab be selected and it has started this week's contest.

Hi Qivis

If you got the rewards and the new contest for this week has started then there is no way to go back to thank your friends.

jetdogy Jan 15 2024 03:23 PM

NCC Would be nice if Farmtown explained what it means..

My preferences has NCC enable.. I would like to know what NCC stands for because my PC locks up a lot especially on HUGE farms

Taz D Jan 15 2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetdogy (Post 6572094)
My preferences has NCC enable.. I would like to know what NCC stands for because my PC locks up a lot especially on HUGE farms

Hi Jetdogy,
I moved your post to the thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest (NCC). You can find all the information about this contest in the Game Guide chapter 31:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

That contest would have nothing to do with your PC locking up on large farms.

KoalaBear777 Jan 28 2024 04:09 PM

Why are neighbors that I KNOW are playing NCC all day and night long contributing so FEW points to my total? These are people who regularly finish in 1st or 2nd place, yet I get less than 20K points from them, on average, in games where the winning neighborhoods have over 30 MILLION points. One of them even told me that she knows how the "algorithm" works! What does that even mean?! I don't get it.

Taz D Jan 28 2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 (Post 6572926)
Why are neighbors that I KNOW are playing NCC all day and night long contributing so FEW points to my total? These are people who regularly finish in 1st or 2nd place, yet I get less than 20K points from them, on average, in games where the winning neighborhoods have over 30 MILLION points. One of them even told me that she knows how the "algorithm" works! What does that even mean?! I don't get it.

Hi KoalaBear,
Yoou contribute to your contest at a much higher rate than your neighbors do because of the way it is set up. This might explain it:

How points are calculated:
  • Each XP your neighbour earns contributes 1 point.
  • Each XP you earn, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest.
    Example:
    • If you have 100 neighbours in the contest and each of them earn 1 XP, then your neighborhood score will be 1 * 100 = 100 points.
    • Then if you earn 1 XP yourself, this will add 1 * 100 = 100 points to your neighborhood score.
    • 100 (your neighbours score) plus 100 (your score) gives you a total score of 200.

This makes your individual effort as important as the total combined effort of all your neighbours in the contest.
So it seems like they are not contributing high enough amounts compared to what you are contributing.

KoalaBear777 Jan 28 2024 06:16 PM

That doesn't explain why some of them contribute several hundred thousand points to my total and end up in the same 1st or 2nd place as the one who only contributed 20K points. I see both of them continuously online, continuously posting facility requests and continuously refilling their facilities. I know because I work them! It Doesn''t make sense.

Taz D Jan 28 2024 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 (Post 6572946)
That doesn't explain why some of them contribute several hundred thousand points to my total and end up in the same 1st or 2nd place as the one who only contributed 20K points. I see both of them continuously online, continuously posting facility requests and continuously refilling their facilities. I know because I work them! It Doesn''t make sense.

Hi KoalaBear,
It depends on how many of the NCC facilities they have in the contest. You may have somebody who is on line all day and refills and posts often but it they only have 1 or 2 of the facilities for the contest then they are not going to contribute a lot. You may have others who have many more facilities in the contest and they will contribute higher amounts.

Vivienne57 Jan 30 2024 06:47 AM

Ncc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6568518)
Hi Vivienne57,

Nothing has changed about the way Neighbourhoods are selected.
No-one has any control over what anyone is willing to do and how much they can contribute to the NCC contest. There will be times when some farmers can earn a lot of points and there will be times when they may be far more busy and can not contribute as much that week.

Your neighbour is still helping you with your own contest the exact same way they would if they were not showing up in the Competing Neighbourhood.

Even if there were enough participating in the NCC and it was possible to not show any current Neighbour in a competing Neighbourhood that still does not guarantee anything about your own Neighbourhoods ability to earn points or what the Competing Neighbourhood may be able to earn. You could still be competing with those that could earn as many or more points than your own Neighbourhood.

If you have not already done so, you can post your request for what you would like to see changed in the NCC in the relevant post related to your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it.

(Nothing has changed about the way Neighbourhoods are selected.) Maybe they should change. I feel the developers don't listen. In fact, I know they don't because I have posted about this issue before. Why should I bust a gut to help my neighbours who I think are helping me when really, I am helping them to get ahead and getting 1st or 2nd place. I didn't play NCC once for a whole week and I had neighbours saying to me they didn't get 1st or 2nd because of it. My main point is I add neighbours who contribute so much to NCC for my benefit so why should they be pitted against me in another NCC. It's not right. No point in putting it on the suggestions board if developers are not going to take any notice. well, there is no if about it, they won't. I spend a lot of money on this game because I do rate the game as the best ever game around and I don't play any others. Most of the time, I enjoy playing but this issue continues to bug me. Maybe I should just not play NCC at all. Sorry to sound so despondent and complaining but this issue does put a damper on the game.

pbcarol Feb 03 2024 04:24 AM

knocked me off the 7 day game

I have been removed from playing the 7 day game until the next game starts as rejected or something. I paid my cash coins to buy one of the facilities. I am quite upset about this as I play every week and am always buying cash to buy facilities. Can you please fix my farm Jaxon where I purchased the orphanage.
Thank you!