Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

teenytootsies0 Dec 19 2021 12:47 PM

I am using Chrome.

marymarcel Dec 19 2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenytootsies0 (Post 6475410)
I am using Chrome.

Hi teenytootsies0 :)

Are you still having the problem to not stay on line?

Did you try the link and the suggestions I gave you in this post?
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6475410

Please check if your chrome browser is up to date and also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

teenytootsies0 Dec 19 2021 01:26 PM

trouble connecting

No. Still won't load friends. I keep trying different things and have done everything suggested. I used Chrome.

marymarcel Dec 19 2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenytootsies0 (Post 6475418)
No. Still won't load friends. I keep trying different things and have done everything suggested. I used Chrome.

Ok.

For the friends lists not loading, please be sure 3rd party cookies are still allowed in your browser.

You have instructions on how to check and allow them in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you make any change or update, please close everything and then restart your computer.

If that doesnt work for you, then try another updated browser with 3rd party cookies allowed for it.

bbarksda Dec 19 2021 06:18 PM

Blocked

I keep getting blocked and I am not even playing the game. Any Ideas?

Taz D Dec 19 2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6475458)
I keep getting blocked and I am not even playing the game. Any Ideas?

Hi bbarksda,
I moved your post to the loading problems thread. If you are being blocked then it is Facebook that is blocking you. You are not doing anything related to the game, such as getting gifts from the free gift sites?

If Facebook is blocking you and you are not playing the game, then you are not being blocked for the game. You may be getting blocked for something else.

laditz Dec 19 2021 10:17 PM

Please fix the fish farms or allow us to go back to finish work after getting booted, fish farms boot us then once we go back and do the farm if we get booted again it will not take us back to the job.

Taz D Dec 19 2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laditz (Post 6475474)
Please fix the fish farms or allow us to go back to finish work after getting booted, fish farms boot us then once we go back and do the farm if we get booted again it will not take us back to the job.

Hi laditz,
There isn't anything that can be fixed with those as the problem is and has always been too much data to be saved when you work those fast. When the red numbers on the save button get too high then your computer freezes because there is too much data to be transferred.

Try not working those heaviliy layered fish farms so fast. Keep an eye on the red numbers that show on the save button and when they start climbing up then stop long enough for the numbers to come back down.

rjfxvii Dec 20 2021 01:06 PM

Can't load - Chrome doesn't support WebGL?

Why am I getting an error message on Chrome that says my browser doesn't support WebGL?

marymarcel Dec 20 2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjfxvii (Post 6475546)
Why am I getting an error message on Chrome that says my browser doesn't support WebGL?

Hi rjfxvii :)

This usually happens when the browser encounters an error and "thinks" WebGL is disabled.

Most of the time, it is while or after working heavy worked farms, specially full of water items.

You can close your browser for a few minutes and then reopen it and see if the problem is fixed.
If not, then restart your compurter.

If nothings helps you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

There are instructions on how to clear browsers cache in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Muffie1943 Dec 20 2021 09:29 PM

I can’t keep my farm online live.
I keep getting this message that is
Annoying as the devil himself
I am User ID number ( 787339060 )
So. I can’t even hire any farmers to harvest!!!

“Click green tick to reconnect or
The red cancel button to
Continue in offline mode?"

Taz D Dec 20 2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffie1943 (Post 6475574)
I can’t keep my farm online live.
I keep getting this message that is
Annoying as the devil himself
I am User ID number ( 787339060 )
So. I can’t even hire any farmers to harvest!!!

“Click green tick to reconnect or
The red cancel button to
Continue in offline mode?"

Hi Muffie,
Please try the steps in the following link. Specially the memcache and resetting your modem. That problem is usually an internet connection problem which is dropping your connection to the servers.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

Tiger Dec 24 2021 04:41 AM

The new version of the game released last night required a new version of Unity as well, the platform that is used to create the game.

We have discovered that the new Unity version is having issues with WebGL 1.0, so players that have computers and browsers without WebGL 2.0 support are not currently able to load the game.

We are currently researching this issue and figuring out how we can enable support for WebGL 1.0 again.

cottond Dec 24 2021 05:18 AM

Webgl problem

FT worked great yesterday, but today I get this message" Your browser does not support graphics API "WebGL 2" which is required for this content.
I have tried everything I know, please help!

Tiger Dec 24 2021 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottond (Post 6476130)
FT worked great yesterday, but today I get this message" Your browser does not support graphics API "WebGL 2" which is required for this content.
I have tried everything I know, please help!

Hi cottond,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading issues, please read the post before yours for more information. The developers are working on the problem.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post6476126

janelouise Dec 24 2021 07:03 AM

game won't load

getting the error message about webgl2- cleared my browser, still won't load.

Tiger Dec 24 2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelouise (Post 6476154)
getting the error message about webgl2- cleared my browser, still won't load.

Hi janelouise,

Please see this post for more information. The developers are working on the problem:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post6476126

cottond Dec 24 2021 10:45 AM

What about crops we will lose?

Taz D Dec 24 2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottond (Post 6476226)
What about crops we will lose?

Hi Cottond,
I am sorry, but there is nothing that we can do for those. It is not down for all. If you have a super neighbor you could try contacting this through Facebook and have them harvest for you.

Joyinlife Dec 26 2021 12:29 AM

I am unable to hire workers to work my farm. At first, I could see the people, but every time I tried to click start, the hourglass would hover over sending my request. I am in the right language, but today I see people chatting for help but do not see people to hire. I could not spot my farm number this time either. What is going on
? Joyinlife46

Tiger Dec 26 2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6476574)
I am unable to hire workers to work my farm. At first, I could see the people, but every time I tried to click start, the hourglass would hover over sending my request. I am in the right language, but today I see people chatting for help but do not see people to hire. I could not spot my farm number this time either. What is going on
? Joyinlife46

Hi Joyinlife46,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading issues as it sounds like you are having a connection issue.
Have a look in the FT console beneath your game screen and see if there are any errors showing up, if there are please let us know which one.

Are you using a saved bookmark to get to the game? If you are try clicking on the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum.

Your user ID is in the pink banner above your game screen, that banner should also be showing above the send gifts page and the my neighbours tab. Have a look in those sections for it. You can also find your user ID at the very bottom of the page your game is loaded in, below the gifts on the send gifts page and below the friends showing in the my neighbours tab.

Please check for and do any computer updates that may be showing, check that your browser is still showing up to date, update it if it needs it, check if there are any extensions added and enabled in your browser and disable them while you try to resolve your issue. Then clear the caches history in your browser and then try loading the game again. Just incase you need help with clearing browser caches, you can click on this link for instructions for the popular browsers:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

If that doesn't help try another updated browser and see if you get the same problems there. If you do you might want to also try rebooting your router, then when that is back on line also reboot your computer.

I have temporarily turned of things like show crops so that you have less to load next time you load the game, you can show those again yourself when you load the game.

WingmanFarm Dec 26 2021 01:28 PM

I get the same message about the web thing not supporting Farm Town.

I left a year ago because of problems and just a few months ago started back up.

Well I have to shake my head now and just simply say good bye. Enough is enough.

marymarcel Dec 26 2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingmanFarm (Post 6476654)
I get the same message about the web thing not supporting Farm Town.

I left a year ago because of problems and just a few months ago started back up.

Well I have to shake my head now and just simply say good bye. Enough is enough.

Hi WingmanFamr :)

Im sorry but there was a problem when an upgrade was done for Unity which was to fix several other problems. They were not aware that the upgrade of Unity was going to block the use of WebGL 1.0. Developers are working to be able to allow that to be used again.
Please be patient.

Chet Evors Dec 26 2021 01:37 PM

Strange how some of us get that message and can't get in while my wife can and we are in the same room!!! Hope those with out being able to get into FT had a very Merry Christmas and maybe can get back in by New Years!! hehe.
God bless us all, they are trying to figure it out, just hope i didn't goof something up trying to get it back.

marymarcel Dec 26 2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Evors (Post 6476666)
Strange how some of us get that message and can't get in while my wife can and we are in the same room!!! Hope those with out being able to get into FT had a very Merry Christmas and maybe can get back in by New Years!! hehe.
God bless us all, they are trying to figure it out, just hope i didn't goof something up trying to get it back.

Hi Chet Evors :)

Are you both using the same computer and same browser?

Problem is that with the upgrade to Unity to fix some other problems, developers didnt notice that WebGL 1.0 was blocked.

If your browser only supports WebGL 1.0 then you cant load your farms till develpers fix the problem.
If your wife browser supports WebGL 2.0 then she will be able to load the game.

Taz D Dec 27 2021 03:46 PM

Hi All,
We just released a workaround to enable support for WebGL 1.0 again, please test and report if you are still having issues loading the game with only WebGL 1.0 enabled.

All players that disabled Hardware Acceleration in the Chrome browser, please enable it again, as this can cause unexpected problems with the game.

Chet Evors Dec 27 2021 08:08 PM

Hi Taz, everything is back and better even.
Thanks, knew it would take time but maybe next upgrade, try not to do it on a holiday, especially a long one. hehe.
God bless and enjoy a very Happy New Year.

Taz D Dec 27 2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Evors (Post 6476990)
Hi Taz, everything is back and better even.
Thanks, knew it would take time but maybe next upgrade, try not to do it on a holiday, especially a long one. hehe.
God bless and enjoy a very Happy New Year.

Hi Chet,
I don't have any controil over that. The moderators are not part of the development team.

bbarksda Dec 28 2021 12:47 PM

Blocked Opening Multiple Farm Town Tabs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6475470)
Hi bbarksda,
I moved your post to the loading problems thread. If you are being blocked then it is Facebook that is blocking you. You are not doing anything related to the game, such as getting gifts from the free gift sites?

If Facebook is blocking you and you are not playing the game, then you are not being blocked for the game. You may be getting blocked for something else.

Normally it happens when I open up multiple tabs of Farm Town. I have to slow down to get them loaded without getting blocked, so I found the problem and adjusted to where I don't get blocked. Could be useful information for other people encountering the same problem. It seems facebook doesn't like it when you open to many Farm Town tabs quickly. Just letting each one load before opening another one solved the problem. Just have to remember to close them all before exiting your browser so when you open it up again, the tabs are not try to load all at once. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your support,
Bill B.

JNelson Dec 30 2021 03:54 AM

c20, w25 i have cleared memcache and it still will not let me go line, tried multiple times

Tiger Dec 30 2021 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6477330)
c20, w25 i have cleared memcache and it still will not let me go line, tried multiple times

Hi JNelson,

I tried the link in your signature and am not having any problems with going off line. Is that the account with the issue? If it's not please supply the id for the one that is.

Along with memcache, did you also try the other usual things like checking for browser updates, clearing browser, checking if the problem persists in a different updated browser?

Are there any errors showing in the FT console?

ColleenJS Dec 31 2021 01:46 PM

changed settings, now can't load FT

I have a new pc which uses Microsoft Edge browser. I changed some privacy settings and now I cannot load FT. I get an error message saying the browser does not support WebAssembly. The changes I made in settings must have changed something to this WebAssembly.

Attempts to fix have included trying to remember the changes I made in settings (no help there), googling WebAssembly (way over my head), attempting to download Chrome (won't work, it's Microsoft) and resetting to default settings (still won't load FT)

HELP! I am going crazy here!
Yes I know, never make ANY settings changes without writing down changes you made. What can I do?

marymarcel Dec 31 2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColleenJS (Post 6477590)
I have a new pc which uses Microsoft Edge browser. I changed some privacy settings and now I cannot load FT. I get an error message saying the browser does not support WebAssembly. The changes I made in settings must have changed something to this WebAssembly.

Attempts to fix have included trying to remember the changes I made in settings (no help there), googling WebAssembly (way over my head), attempting to download Chrome (won't work, it's Microsoft) and resetting to default settings (still won't load FT)

HELP! I am going crazy here!
Yes I know, never make ANY settings changes without writing down changes you made. What can I do?

Hi ColleenJS :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

Did you try to reset settings for Edge?
If you click in the 3 dots and then in Settings, you will see that option in the left column.

You can also have more suggestions and requirements for your computer in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

ColleenJS Dec 31 2021 05:52 PM

Thanks for your response. Yes, I tried that reset option. No joy.

Taz D Dec 31 2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColleenJS (Post 6477622)
Thanks for your response. Yes, I tried that reset option. No joy.

Hi ColleenJS,
You may have to download and try a different browser. I am not sure if you can remove and reinstall Edge.

Joyinlife Jan 01 2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6477334)
Hi JNelson,

I tried the link in your signature and am not having any problems with going offline. Is that the account with the issue? If it's not please supply the id for the one that is.

Along with Memcache, did you also try the other usual things like checking for browser updates, clearing browser, checking if the problem persists in a different updated browser?

Are there any errors showing in the FT console?

Tiger, that problem seems to have solved itself. Farmtown is still incredibly slow. Is that something they are working on in the near future?

Taz D Jan 01 2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6477674)
Tiger, that problem seems to have solved itself. Farmtown is still incredibly slow. Is that something they are working on in the near future?

Hi Joyinlife,
For the slowness check the items in the first post of this thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

Monstertjie Jan 02 2022 03:52 AM

Monstertjie

I have a I7 processor with 32GB ram and my browser is Edge and it is up to date. My internet speed is between 35Mbps and 55 Mbps and I load FT with no problems and then this error appears. My Farm id=110588150456976.

2022-01-02 09:19:20.622 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Request timeout, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...A0NTY5NzYifQ==
2022-01-02 09:21:32.634 LOG[SFS - ERROR] [WebSocketLayer] Communication error: Abnormal disconnection

I can do nothing after this.

My Chat server is C20 and the Farm server W22.

Please help.

Tiger Jan 02 2022 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstertjie (Post 6477686)
I have a I7 processor with 32GB ram and my browser is Edge and it is up to date. My internet speed is between 35Mbps and 55 Mbps and I load FT with no problems and then this error appears. My Farm id=110588150456976.

2022-01-02 09:19:20.622 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Request timeout, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...A0NTY5NzYifQ==
2022-01-02 09:21:32.634 LOG[SFS - ERROR] [WebSocketLayer] Communication error: Abnormal disconnection

I can do nothing after this.

My Chat server is C20 and the Farm server W22.

Please help.

Hi Monstertjie,

It looks like you are having an internet connection issue. I am having no problems loading your farms on Edge or other browsers. No errors showing up when I try. Are you able to load the game now or is the problem still happening?

What were you doing in the game when you got this error or did it show as soon as your game loaded?

If you are still having problems, please check that your computer updates are still showing as done, check that Edge is also still showing up to date, update it if it needs doing and make sure that you have disabled any extensions that you may have enabled in Edge while you try to load the game. Clear the browser caches/history and then also run memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then try reloading and see if you still get the same error.

If those don't help you may want to try things like rebooting your router, trying another updated browser and see if you get the same problem.

Larry Greenslate Jan 02 2022 07:45 AM

So long Safari?

1 Attachment(s)
I cannot access any farms. Screen freezes on black.

Is Safari, the world's largest computer company's Default Browser, not good enough for our beloved Farm Town?

Am I expected to train my elderly Rooster to crow on Opera GX with his coffee at dawn?

My Facebook USER ID number is: 1021295766

I remain faithfully (although barely at this stage) still yours, and always thankful for the help and advice,