Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Taz D May 07 2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bickymikulski (Post 6445898)
this is first time happening (an embedded page at 11.slashkey.com says your browser does not support web gl) also web Gl supported but disabled ????? never had problems till 1/2 hr ago whats happening ??????:confused:

Hi Bickymikulski,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems and errors.
This happens when you encounter an error. Please try first just closing and reopening your browser. If that doesn't work try restarting your computer.

mothergoose1 May 24 2021 11:35 PM

web GL

got a message right in the middle of playing saying my browser does not support web GL.. how do i fix this so i can get back to the game?

Taz D May 24 2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothergoose1 (Post 6448186)
got a message right in the middle of playing saying my browser does not support web GL.. how do i fix this so i can get back to the game?

Hi mothergoose,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.

You got the WEbGl not supported as that happens when you have an error. The game thinks WebGL is not responding so sends that message.

You can try first just closing your browser for a few minutes then reopen your farms. If that doesn't work try restarting your computer. If that still doesn't fix it try clearing your browser cache, close the browser and then reopen to your farms.

Ruthie47359 Jun 04 2021 07:25 AM

Loading issue

My farm stops loading when it gets to loading user. It takes 5 retrys to finally load. My farm is 1436603594

marymarcel Jun 04 2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthie47359 (Post 6450362)
My farm stops loading when it gets to loading user. It takes 5 retrys to finally load. My farm is 1436603594

Hi Ruthie :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

Please check if your browser is updated, also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Are you clearing your browser cache everytime you close your computer or your browser is set to clear it automatically?
If so, please dont do that as when you clear your browser cache then the first time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

Im not saying you dont have to clear your browser cache, only it is not good to do that daily.

Other thing I can suggest you is before closing your game, uncheck all the Show..... in preferences, for example, Show crops, Show tools, Show trees, etc so the game will load faster.

jerry63925 Jun 17 2021 07:07 PM

i am getting this all of a sudden

Your browser does not support WebGL. WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR

it was doing just fine then this ..what gives?

Taz D Jun 17 2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry63925 (Post 6452506)
Your browser does not support WebGL. WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR

it was doing just fine then this ..what gives?

Hi Jerry,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loadiung problems and errors.
This happens when you encounter a problem and the server thinks WebGL has stopped responding, so it turns it off. What were you doing when this happened?

Please check if your browser is updated, also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

You can try first just closing your browser for a few minutes then reopen your farms. If that doesn't work try restarting your computer. If that still doesn't fix it try clearing your browser cache, close the browser and then reopen to your farms.When you clear the browser cache it will take a few minutes for your game to load the first time after because it has to download the graphics again for the game.

jerry63925 Jun 17 2021 08:04 PM

ya know looks like i get stop playing farm town . till its fixed

Taz D Jun 17 2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry63925 (Post 6452514)
ya know looks like i get stop playing farm town . till its fixed

Hi Jerry,
I gave you the fix fores for that. There isn't anything that the developers can fix for that as it is your browser that has turned off the WebGL, not the game.
If those did not fix it please try the steps in the first post in the following link to check your computer:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

sdean01201 Jun 20 2021 10:22 AM

WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!

Taz D Jun 20 2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdean01201 (Post 6452822)

Hi Sdean,
This happens when you encounter an error in the game. The server then decides that your WebGL is not responding and shuts it down.
To fix this please first try just restarting your computer. If that doesn't work then try clearing your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen to load the game. It will take longer the first time to load as it will need to download all the graphics for the game again. Instructions on clearing the browser cache are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Also there are some steps for checking your computer and browser in the first post in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

Peggy Grey Jun 20 2021 08:05 PM

how to switch games

I have 2 registered games. I need a way to switch to Peggy Grey from Thea Featherstone. That ability disappeared with all the changes FT has been making (along with my shortcut button on the side of my screen). I thought I lost Thea permanently some time ago. Now it suddenly appears out of the blue and I can't get Peggy's farms back. What can you do for me?

Taz D Jun 20 2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Grey (Post 6452866)
I have 2 registered games. I need a way to switch to Peggy Grey from Thea Featherstone. That ability disappeared with all the changes FT has been making (along with my shortcut button on the side of my screen). I thought I lost Thea permanently some time ago. Now it suddenly appears out of the blue and I can't get Peggy's farms back. What can you do for me?

Hi Peggy Grey,
There isn't anything we can do for you in this case. To have 2 sets of farms you have to have 2 separate Facebook accounts. To get to each set of farms you have to be logged into Facebook in each account.
So if you are seeing the set for Thea Featherstone, then you are logged into the Facebook account for that set of farms. To get to your Peggy Grey farms you need to be logged into the Facebook account for Peggy Grey.
Thoise shortcut buttons are not put on your Facebook home page by Farm Town. They are added there by Facebook.

Conjetta Jun 23 2021 08:30 AM

Farms not loading

My friend (User ID: 604470133) got me to report his issue - long loading - late last year. It was solved; but now the issue occurred to him again. Between 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm everyday (Vietnam time zone), it takes him much time to load farms for farming activities/facilities doing, or sometimes farms cannot be loaded. Out of the period, the loading is fine. Help him please. Thank you.

Taz D Jun 23 2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6453234)
My friend (User ID: 604470133) got me to report his issue - long loading - late last year. It was solved; but now the issue occurred to him again. Between 8:00 pm and 10:30 pm everyday (Vietnam time zone), it takes him much time to load farms for farming activities/facilities doing, or sometimes farms cannot be loaded. Out of the period, the loading is fine. Help him please. Thank you.

Hi Conjetta,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way we can help him through you. He will need to post his problem in the forums himself for us to work directly with him.
If it loads fine the rest of the times and is only a specific time period then it may be an internet problem during that time that we would have no control over.

Aussie Rae Jun 25 2021 02:47 AM

FYI facebook is messing with us yet again, they have removed the link for farmtown that used to be on the left hand side of the wall.. hope they put it back soon..

iam1to Jun 25 2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6453542)
FYI facebook is messing with us yet again, they have removed the link for farmtown that used to be on the left hand side of the wall.. hope they put it back soon..

yes - a few of my friends of "complained" that those "shortcuts" to their favorites are not there

Tiger Jun 25 2021 05:31 AM

We are aware that the Facebook bookmark for Farm Town and other games are missing again. Facebook will need to fix that yet again.

You can click on this link to get to Farm Town or click on the PlayFarm Town button located at the very top of the forum:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play

katrina719 Jun 25 2021 08:52 AM

Thank you for this announcement. I came here cause I was certain that you would have the answer :))

Conjetta Jun 26 2021 07:01 PM

Farms not loading

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6453242)
Hi Conjetta,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way we can help him through you. He will need to post his problem in the forums himself for us to work directly with him.
If it loads fine the rest of the times and is only a specific time period then it may be an internet problem during that time that we would have no control over.

Sorry, but he can't seem to get into the forum either. That's why I'm trying to help.
Today, he asked I post this for him:
I helped my friend (user ID: 604470133) reported his slow load of farms daily between 8:00 and 11:00 PM (Vietnam time zone). His farm load has improved but worsen. Today he started to work his neighbor's farms at 7:30. Working the first half farms was fine. When the clock struck 8:15 PM, working the remaining farms became a nightmare to him. Please give him a solution, or at least let him know when the slow farm load ends. Thank you.

marymarcel Jun 26 2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6453878)
Sorry, but he can't seem to get into the forum either. That's why I'm trying to help.
Today, he asked I post this for him:
I helped my friend (user ID: 604470133) reported his slow load of farms daily between 8:00 and 11:00 PM (Vietnam time zone). His farm load has improved but worsen. Today he started to work his neighbor's farms at 7:30. Working the first half farms was fine. When the clock struck 8:15 PM, working the remaining farms became a nightmare to him. Please give him a solution, or at least let him know when the slow farm load ends. Thank you.

Hi Conjetta :)

Taz is not available at this moment.

Your friend is a registered user so he should not have problems to enter the forum and then post here.

As Taz told you, that seems to be an internet problem during that period of time. That was the same you reported for them some months ago and then it was fixed.

Your friend should ask their internet provider if they have problems in their zone and also do the usual clearing to the computer and browser.

sheila_c Jun 26 2021 08:03 PM

I am working a neighbor's farm who has 7.133m XP points. When clicking her work link, I am taken to a stranger's farm, who has 10.066m XP points.

Here is a link to my neighbor's work request: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...e282f4ce92545c

Here is a screenshot of my neighbor's work request:
https://i.imgur.com/UO6F6LX.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the farm the work request takes me to:
https://i.imgur.com/jpQ9osi.jpg

Taz D Jun 26 2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila_c (Post 6453894)
I am working a neighbor's farm who has 7.133m XP points. When clicking her work link, I am taken to a stranger's farm, who has 10.066m XP points.

Here is a link to my neighbor's work request: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...e282f4ce92545c

Hi Sheila C,
Is this a copied post rather than the original from posting? If so she may have copied it incorrectly. The ID in that post is for Jean Marie, so it is not her post.
Only thing I can suggest is look for her post in the My Requests list or ask her to post again.

Conjetta Jun 26 2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6453242)
Hi Conjetta,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way we can help him through you. He will need to post his problem in the forms himself for us to work directly with him.

another note:
Not an Internet problem. I can load and watch videos on FB & Youtube during the period at normal speed.
Plz provide them my contact info.
email: (Email removed for safety)
FB URL: www.facebook.com/alichson
Ask them what email address of Slashkey I can write to.

Taz D Jun 26 2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6453902)
another note:
Not an Internet problem. I can load and watch videos on FB & Youtube during the period at normal speed.
Plz provide them my contact info.
email: (Email removed for safety)
FB URL: www.facebook.com/alichson
Ask them what email address of Slashkey I can write to.

Hi Conjetta,
This is not a Farm Town problem. There isn't any way that the Farm Town servers can be slowed down specific hours of the day. It has to be an internet problem. There are many links between them and the Facebook app server. Then many more links between the Facebook app server and the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links could be causing the slowdown. We do not have any control over those links nor even any way to monitor them.
Watching videos on Facebook and Youtube would be taking totally different paths from them to those from linking to Farm Town. That comparison doesn't help.
I have fixed their account here in the forums, so they should be able to post here now. Also if they want to contact Support there is a link to that at the bottom of the page under their farms.

sheila_c Jun 26 2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6453898)
Hi Sheila C,
Is this a copied post rather than the original from posting? If so she may have copied it incorrectly. The ID in that post is for Jean Marie, so it is not her post.
Only thing I can suggest is look for her post in the My Requests list or ask her to post again.

No, this post came from the Facility Wall Requests.

Taz D Jun 26 2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila_c (Post 6453914)
No, this post came from the Facility Wall Requests.

Hi Sheila C,
Then I am not sure what happened. The ID in that post is not for her farms unless she has more than one set of farms. Have them contact Support about this then. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

accs-- Jul 05 2021 07:44 PM

This is a repeat, because if it continues I'll be finding something else to do. I'm75 so not so quick with arthritic hands, fingers, etc. but my suggestion it let off the throttle, because it is almost impossible to play FT with FB continually flashing as sign on my screen of a 5 year old HP laptop that I'm going to fast so keeps blocking me. Even if I'm sitting here trying to go to one farm or another, or even do any tasks. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've cleared my cache. Rebooted and still when I start to do anything I get two different messages I'm going to fast not acceptable by community standards and Temporarily Blocked. It will do it if I am doing nothing at all.

Taz D Jul 05 2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accs-- (Post 6455574)
This is a repeat, because if it continues I'll be finding something else to do. I'm75 so not so quick with arthritic hands, fingers, etc. but my suggestion it let off the throttle, because it is almost impossible to play FT with FB continually flashing as sign on my screen of a 5 year old HP laptop that I'm going to fast so keeps blocking me. Even if I'm sitting here trying to go to one farm or another, or even do any tasks. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've cleared my cache. Rebooted and still when I start to do anything I get two different messages I'm going to fast not acceptable by community standards and Temporarily Blocked. It will do it if I am doing nothing at all.

Hi Accs,
I moved your post from the Suggestions section as this is not a suggestion. The developers have no control over what Facebook does. The messages you are getting do not come from Farm Town, so there isn't anything Farm Town can do for this.

You will need to contact Facebook concerning these messages. Within those messages there is a link you can use to dispute the action they have taken.

accs-- Jul 05 2021 08:05 PM

Reply to your Reply!

I understand your suggestion re: not FT issue, but it is your Game/Platform and I am a player. I have contacted the repeatedly but obviously they either do not care or are singling me out for some reason. I am sure your company has the ability to see 'how fast' a user is or isn't going and if I'm sitting on one page and just go to a different farm or function should not raise a RED flag. What can one possibly do to fall into that kind of situation just minding my own business trying to play FT? I can not believe that FT/Slashkey wants their players to suffer from sort of issue like this. I'm very disappointed to say the least. Respectfully...

Taz D Jul 05 2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accs-- (Post 6455582)
I understand your suggestion re: not FT issue, but it is your Game/Platform and I am a player. I have contacted the repeatedly but obviously they either do not care or are singling me out for some reason. I am sure your company has the ability to see 'how fast' a user is or isn't going and if I'm sitting on one page and just go to a different farm or function should not raise a RED flag. What can one possibly do to fall into that kind of situation just minding my own business trying to play FT? I can not believe that FT/Slashkey wants their players to suffer from sort of issue like this. I'm very disappointed to say the least. Respectfully...

Hi Accs,
I am sorry, but Farm Town is played through Facebook but they have no contriol on Facebook's security settings. This has happened in the past and Facebook reversed their settings after a time.

We don't have any way to see how fast you are playing or for that matter most of what you are doing on your farms or with gifts or working facilities. That information is not recorded.

The not acceptable by community standards is a security message and as I said they apparently changed their security level. They will have to be the ones who change it back. This is not affecting everyone.
The too fast could be from opening too many tabs at one time with the game maybe from opening facility work, posting/sharing posts too many times or gifts like in a gift site where you can open multiples at one time.
All I can suggest is every time it comes up then reply to them and maybe they will realize their settings are too strict.

JohnAlbertini Jul 09 2021 10:45 AM

USER ID number ( 777658954 ) Cleared cache and memcache and now will not get beyond the black scree.

marymarcel Jul 09 2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6456030)
USER ID number ( 777658954 ) Cleared cache and memcache and now will not get beyond the black scree.

Hi John :)

After clearing browser cache, the game loads slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If after 1 or 2 minutes it still doesnt load, then click in Play button again and see if it loads after a while.

To help you to load the game, I have turned off all the Show... items in your preferences.

JohnAlbertini Jul 09 2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6456034)

After clearing browser cache, the game loads slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If after 1 or 2 minutes it still doesnt load, then click in Play button again and see if it loads after a while.

To help you to load the game, I have turned off all the Show... items in your preferences.

It finally loaded but took TWENTY minutes, even after clicking Pay a few times several minutes apart!!! But it DID finally load.

JohnAlbertini Jul 10 2021 09:10 AM

Cleared cache & memcache again this morning and now FAILS to load & I get an error message I took a screen shot of

marymarcel Jul 10 2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6456222)
Cleared cache & memcache again this morning and now FAILS to load & I get an error message I took a screen shot of

Why are you clearing your browser cache everyday? Everytime you clear your browser cache then the game will load very slow as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If you have your browser set to clear browser cache automatically then please disable that option as you only need to clear it in case graphics dont show for you or dont show correctly or you get errors for the console and the game. And it is always better to ask here in case you get errors.

I have loaded your farms without problems and same as yesterday I have turned off the Show options in your preferences to help with the loading.

JohnAlbertini Jul 10 2021 09:23 AM

This morning REBOOTED, then cleared the cache and memcache.

Now it will NOT load.

marymarcel Jul 10 2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6456230)
This morning REBOOTED, then cleared the cache and memcache.

Now it will NOT load.

Please read my response just above your last one. Give it time. If you wish you could reset your router/modem for a minute and see if that helps.

JohnAlbertini Jul 10 2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6456226)

Why are you clearing your browser cache everyday? Every time you clear your browser cache then the game will load very slow as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If you have your browser set to clear browser cache automatically then please disable that option as you only need to clear it in case graphics don't show for you or don't show correctly or you get errors for the console and the game. And it is always better to ask here in case you get errors.

I have loaded your farms without problems and same as yesterday I have turned off the Show options in your preferences to help with the loading.

Because I get errors on the console when FT VERY OFTEN CRASHES WebGL 2.0 when working for others!!! When will the developers fix THAT?! I was ADVISED that clearing memcache might help that issue. Thought clearing the browser cache might also help?

Taz D Jul 10 2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6456242)
Because I get errors on the console when FT VERY OFTEN CRASHES WebGL 2.0 when working for others!!! When will the developers fix THAT?! I was ADVISED that clearing memcache might help that issue. Thought clearing the browser cache might also help?

Hi John,
We don't know if there is anything the developers can do with the WebGL 2.0 stopping working. It happens when you encounter an error while working that the game does not have a message for, so would be hard for them to find it.

When you get that the WebGl is not responding try just closing the browser and reopening it. If that doesn't clear it then try restarting your computer.

Please check if there is any update for Windows, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also check if your browser is updated.