Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Jeanne Dubrasky Dec 02 2022 06:28 PM

Is farmtown leaving Facebook for own sight? Yes or no. If are please explain the time frame which understandably will require time to start over and fix everything and bugs will be for long time. I sincerely hope you have been preparing for this. .

Taz D Dec 02 2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne Dubrasky (Post 6521506)
Is farmtown leaving Facebook for own sight? Yes or no. If are please explain the time frame which understandably will require time to start over and fix everything and bugs will be for long time. I sincerely hope you have been preparing for this. .

Hi Jeanne,
Farm Town is not currently planning to leave Facebook. If that happens at sometime in the future there will be complete instructions when and how to access Farm Town.

The current situation is Facebook deactivated Farm Town for reasons unknown to the developers yet. They are waiting for information from Facebook as to exactly what the reasons are for the deactivation.

alma87 Dec 02 2022 07:34 PM

I hope everything gets cleared out.

SusieB Dec 02 2022 07:41 PM

My trust in Facebook is next to "0". The organization is either run by spoiled brats or megalomaniacs. Deactivating an app with no explanation is behavior that resembles the action of the worst sort of temper-stricken pre-teen. (Just my take on it - no need to respond)

Alexandra_J Dec 03 2022 04:25 AM

Once farm town is back I suppose they could give us $50 Farm cash. $25 farmcash for the regular level update and $25 for sticking with it while facebook messes with things.
And plus, it's Christmas. Who doesn't love Christmas.

Even though you didn't know this disabling of farm town again - probably due to the same reason right?????

I would've thought you would have realised it may happen again and start the new website thing. It's not doing to be an overnight thing as I know, but what's the update situation. We all want one please.

Tiger Dec 03 2022 05:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

When there any updates we can give you about the current status of Farm Town, we will update the Announcement which shows at the top of each main section of the forum as usual.

If you are not sure how to get to the Announcement to read it, please click on this link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

When the information in that post hasn't changed, that means we don't have an update for you yet.

sir winalot Dec 03 2022 06:17 AM

How is the alternative option coming on?

Back when facebook locked the game out for a full week, siting security issues as a reason, Raul made the decision to establish an alternative option if facebook did lock us out again. We have all added our emails to the sk system to allow the servers to identify us and hopefully make the farms work on sk servers directly, as we know those working offline can still play even when fb shuts down the link on the platform, so I'm wondering if the alternative has made any progress since?

marymarcel Dec 03 2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir winalot (Post 6521546)
Back when facebook locked the game out for a full week, siting security issues as a reason, Raul made the decision to establish an alternative option if facebook did lock us out again. We have all added our emails to the sk system to allow the servers to identify us and hopefully make the farms work on sk servers directly, as we know those working offline can still play even when fb shuts down the link on the platform, so I'm wondering if the alternative has made any progress since?

Hi sir winalot :)

I moved your post to the thread about Game not Loading.

It is very complex to build an alternative website for the game as it is not the simple game we had in 2009. The game has grown through 12 years so it will require lot of programming for such complex game to allow us to play it in a new website.
That is not quick or easy, but the developers will let us all know about any news.

astrid1st Dec 03 2022 08:21 AM

Good morning, I cannot find any update on here about Farmtown being deactivated again. Last time there were updates. I thought providing our emails this might not happen to us if Facebook decides to deactivate again. Where can I find out more information please~Astrid

marymarcel Dec 03 2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrid1st (Post 6521566)
Good morning, I cannot find any update on here about Farmtown being deactivated again. Last time there were updates. I thought providing our emails this might not happen to us if Facebook decides to deactivate again. Where can I find out more information please~Astrid

Hi astrid1st :)

There are no updates yet but any news will be posted in this same thread and also in the global announcement at the top of all sections of the forums:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

All of us provided our email addresses but please take in mind that a new website is not easy to do in a short time as it requires lot of programming for such a complex game like ours.