Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

Rob T Jan 07 2011 09:57 PM

Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe

Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe

Be specific in your post. Let us know EXACTLY what is happening and what you have already done to try to fix the problem.

Please click on this link for information on current
Ongoing changes to Flash Player - FT FLash Enabler Extension

When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include a link to your farm in your post. The automatic linking button up top occasionally doesn't work so you will need to get your farm link manually. Click Here for instructions on how to get your farm link and linking your farm to the forum.

What you can try if your farm isn't loading or you are getting an error:

Clear your browsers cache. Reload and try again. Note, when you do this, the first time your farm loads it will load slightly slower as all the graphics have to be loaded from fresh.

Resetting your modem/router can sometimes rectify a problem. Power off your computer, turn off and then unplug your router for a few minutes, and then turn everything back on.

Make sure you have the most current version of flash player for the browser you are using.

Try another browser to see if you get the same problem there.

For more information on specific Errors please read the following thread Error Messages

If you need instructions on any of the above, and for more things you can try like clearing macromedia files, clearing memcache, and server tests please read the following thread: Click Here

If you are getting an error that says you need to update your Flash player but you have updated it please follow the instructions in this link to set up your Flash to work: Click Here

Please Note:
The more you add to your farm the riskier it will become for people at lower levels of RAM. Anyone with 2 GB of RAM for XP or OSX and 3-4 for Vista should be fine. 512 in XP could be a warning, and 1 GB in Vista would give cause for concern. Remember to take into consideration that other programs you have installed on your computer may also be using a lot of RAM.

barbara nixon Dec 31 2015 07:12 PM

load game

won't load..take forever to load each little thing...had trouble last nite..thot was modem overload with everything going on..today reset modem did usual scans etc and it won't load on my desktop..loaded just now ok on my laptop, but this am both were not loading..any other suggestions?...:confused:

marymarcel Jan 01 2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6031642)
won't load..take forever to load each little thing...had trouble last nite..thot was modem overload with everything going on..today reset modem did usual scans etc and it won't load on my desktop..loaded just now ok on my laptop, but this am both were not loading..any other suggestions?...:confused:

Hi Barbara:)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

I'm sorry this happened to you, if you have tried all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread, then if you are able to load the game on your laptop, please uncheck everything in your preferences (the wrench) and that way the farms should load quicker.

barbara nixon Jan 01 2016 01:35 PM

DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS SUGGESTED AND THEN SOME..STILL WON'T LOAD RIGHT ON DESKTOP AND TODAY IS IS EXTREMELY SLOW ON MY LAPTOP.. both have 8g ram and lots of disc space and quad processor..so they are both able to handle the game..this started sometime around tues...the pictures of my neighbors do not show up even after i manage to get it loaded..so maybe fb is messing it up "again"..waiting in the wings to see if it gets fixed...

marymarcel Jan 01 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6032298)
DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS SUGGESTED AND THEN SOME..STILL WON'T LOAD RIGHT ON DESKTOP AND TODAY IS IS EXTREMELY SLOW ON MY LAPTOP.. both have 8g ram and lots of disc space and quad processor..so they are both able to handle the game..this started sometime around tues...the pictures of my neighbors do not show up even after i manage to get it loaded..so maybe fb is messing it up "again"..waiting in the wings to see if it gets fixed...

Which browser are you using? Did you check another browser to check if you can load the game?

If you are not using Chrome, have you uninstalled and reinstalled your Flash player?

Are you running other programmes while trying to load your farms?

barbara nixon Jan 01 2016 11:16 PM

`i'm back..spent all day updating everything i could think of..java, drivers, flash..tried edge, ie, chrome..chrome is the one i get the closest to loading..it goes zip right to loading user and there it stays..the other 2 browsers give me green screen only..this started last tues the 29th..chrome is my prefered browser.and have been using it a long time...so i don't know what else to do..oh by the way i'm running windows 10 upgrade from 7..has been ok till now..

marymarcel Jan 02 2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6032354)
`i'm back..spent all day updating everything i could think of..java, drivers, flash..tried edge, ie, chrome..chrome is the one i get the closest to loading..it goes zip right to loading user and there it stays..the other 2 browsers give me green screen only..this started last tues the 29th..chrome is my prefered browser.and have been using it a long time...so i don't know what else to do..oh by the way i'm running windows 10 upgrade from 7..has been ok till now..

Please try the following:

Delete cdn.slashkey.com file from Macromedia Cache
If your flash player is very recent and you don't feel you need to reinstall please follow these steps to clear the what Adobe calls "trash items" from your flash player.
1. Click on this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html
2. Note that the screen that comes up is an acutal tool not a screen print. It should say Website Storage Settings panel.
3. You will see a list of files on the tool. You can either scroll down and find cdn.slashkey.com , click on the file name and then on delete.
You may also want to increase the storage used by the flash player.
1. Slide your cursor over the tabs at the top of the tool until you find Global Storage settings.
2. Click on this tab.
3. Check the current setting. If it is not 100 kb, move the slider to at least 100 kb. You may increase it to a higher level. However you must take into account your computers storage capacity. Older computers will not be able to handle higher settings.
4. Check to make sure 'Allow third-party flash content to store data on your computer' is enabled

barbara nixon Jan 02 2016 12:01 PM

i tried the site link you sent in email said error 404 webpage not available, so i went to the flash site and set it to 110 kb..we'll see..thanks for your help..

barbara nixon Jan 02 2016 05:02 PM

reporting on progress..not much now..loaded this am took 5 mins..but managed to get some things done but when i went to a farm with trees the trees were not there..other stuff was there. like a person..not alot on the farm either..went out and now i came back and i can't get that one loaded..stuck on loading user again...took at least 5 mins to get in to it just now but can't do anything because of the black box with loading user is in my way....

marymarcel Jan 02 2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6032522)
reporting on progress..not much now..loaded this am took 5 mins..but managed to get some things done but when i went to a farm with trees the trees were not there..other stuff was there. like a person..not alot on the farm either..went out and now i came back and i can't get that one loaded..stuck on loading user again...took at least 5 mins to get in to it just now but can't do anything because of the black box with loading user is in my way....

Barbara when you went to the site you say you increased to 110 kb, but

Did you find and delete the files for cdn.slashkey.com ?

Also did you check if "Allow third-party flash content to store data in your computer" had a check mark?

barbara nixon Jan 02 2016 09:17 PM

never have found anything Slashkey in the macromedia files..deleted everything except yahoo...don't know where to look for the allow 3rd party but i think i have seen it somewhere and it was allowed..let me know where to find it..

Taz D Jan 02 2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6032546)
never have found anything Slashkey in the macromedia files..deleted everything except yahoo...don't know where to look for the allow 3rd party but i think i have seen it somewhere and it was allowed..let me know where to find it..

Hi Barbara,
Here is the one you need to make sure 3rd party content can be stored:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html

Also, I would set the amount of storage to 1 mb minimum.

barbara nixon Jan 03 2016 01:06 PM

thanks Taz for reminding me where to find allow 3rd party..it was checked...so far last night it worked and got in..this am took 5 mins just to load game and another 1 to 2 mins to load the things within the facility manager, also when going from farm to farm takes about a min.planted 1 farm didn't show anything..stayed green..went to fish the frozen lakes they were missing..so, closed browser and came back..game took only 2 mins to load that time and all was back..slow progress for sure but at least i can do something..the pictures of stuff seems the thing not loading good...maybe i'm having display/performance issues with my comp..don't know how to tell..thanks for all the help..

Taz D Jan 03 2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6032674)
thanks Taz for reminding me where to find allow 3rd party..it was checked...so far last night it worked and got in..this am took 5 mins just to load game and another 1 to 2 mins to load the things within the facility manager, also when going from farm to farm takes about a min.planted 1 farm didn't show anything..stayed green..went to fish the frozen lakes they were missing..so, closed browser and came back..game took only 2 mins to load that time and all was back..slow progress for sure but at least i can do something..the pictures of stuff seems the thing not loading good...maybe i'm having display/performance issues with my comp..don't know how to tell..thanks for all the help..

Hi Barbara,
When things do not show up then the thing to do is to run the memcache, then clear your browser cache, close the browser and reopen. The graphics are now stored on your computer in the browser cache. If you have it set to clear that cache when you close your browser then that may be part of why it is slow loading. Every time you load the farms after the browser cache has been cleared then it will be slower loading.

Kah1a Jan 05 2016 02:14 PM

the game will not load and i've tried all the help hints above and that didn't fix the problem. i guess i'll wait a few hours and try again later. hopefully my crops will still be good.

Taz D Jan 05 2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kah1a (Post 6033262)
the game will not load and i've tried all the help hints above and that didn't fix the problem. i guess i'll wait a few hours and try again later. hopefully my crops will still be good.

Hi Kah1a,
What do you see when you try to load the game?

Kah1a Jan 05 2016 04:16 PM

it stops at loading user and never progresses beyond that

Taz D Jan 05 2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kah1a (Post 6033290)
it stops at loading user and never progresses beyond that

Hi Kah1a,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

What did you get when you checked the servers?

Kah1a Jan 05 2016 04:44 PM

same thing still... and i don't know how to check the server. but that's ok. thanks anyway

Taz D Jan 05 2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kah1a (Post 6033310)
same thing still... and i don't know how to check the server. but that's ok. thanks anyway

Hi Kah1a.
In the first post at the bottom of it are links that you click on. If you connect then you get an "connection ok".
Try letting it sit at the Loading User for a while and see if it will finally go through.

Kah1a Jan 05 2016 05:07 PM

says that the servers are ok. and i'll just let it set for awhile and see what happens. thanks

Kah1a Jan 06 2016 07:11 AM

i still have the same issue.. but it's due to my internet having issues come to find out. :( thanks for all the help but until that is resolved, i can't play:mad:

Taz D Jan 06 2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kah1a (Post 6033430)
i still have the same issue.. but it's due to my internet having issues come to find out. :( thanks for all the help but until that is resolved, i can't play:mad:

Hi Kah1a,
I am sorry to hear that it is your internet. I have been there before too. Hope they resolve the problem soon.

Kah1a Jan 08 2016 05:15 AM

i finally got my internet working late yesterday and am able to log onto my farms :) yay!! thanks ever so much for all your help Taz.

Mary2bob Jan 11 2016 12:18 PM

Hubby can't farm my place

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5755726)
I can't go from farm to farm when working for someone today . When I try I get what you see in the screen shot below. I clicked on go home and nothing happened. I have to click on play and reset the game to be able to get to my farm. I had everything turned off so only crops were showing. I did the usual maintanence cleared the cache etc before I began playing.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pse9a960d6.png

I am having the same problem on my husbands account. He can't farm my place at all. at first it wouldn't even load my farm just got loggin but now he can go to my default farm but no where else. tried on my computer and same thing but I can go on his farm with no problems. Also others are farming my place and they are not experiencing this problem. Any Ideas I have already followed your instructions listed.

marymarcel Jan 11 2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary2bob (Post 6034558)
I am having the same problem on my husbands account. He can't farm my place at all. at first it wouldn't even load my farm just got loggin but now he can go to my default farm but no where else. tried on my computer and same thing but I can go on his farm with no problems. Also others are farming my place and they are not experiencing this problem. Any Ideas I have already followed your instructions listed.

Hi Mary2bob:)

Has he tried all the suggestions given in the first post of this thread including the links to server connectivity? Is he getting OK for all of them?

When your husband arrives your farms, can he see all his neighbors photos in the neighbors bar? If not then the game is not completely loaded. He could click in Play till the photos are showed up.

Also has he tried other browser to check if he has the same problem?

Mary2bob Jan 11 2016 02:31 PM

connection issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6034562)

Has he tried all the suggestions given in the first post of this thread including the links to server connectivity? Is he getting OK for all of them?

When your husband arrives your farms, can he see all his neighbors photos in the neighbors bar? If not then the game is not completely loaded. He could click in Play till the photos are showed up.

Also has he tried other browser to check if he has the same problem?

he can see all the friends and he has same internet as I do and I have no problem visiting others.I tried all those and everything was ok even tried what Taz told someone else to do. Called my provider and asked if our server was receiving and they found no problems on their end our mine.It's just strange because we share everything. I even logged his account on my computer and it didn't work.

Mary2bob Jan 11 2016 02:41 PM

I also checked my server with the links Rob had on Forum and each one was OK

marymarcel Jan 11 2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary2bob (Post 6034594)
he can see all the friends and he has same internet as I do and I have no problem visiting others.I tried all those and everything was ok even tried what Taz told someone else to do. Called my provider and asked if our server was receiving and they found no problems on their end our mine.It's just strange because we share everything. I even logged his account on my computer and it didn't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary2bob (Post 6034598)
I also checked my server with the links Rob had on Forum and each one was OK

Please tell your husband to try clearing his memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens he has to close it and his farm, then reopen and try to load your farm again. Also ask him to uncheck everything in his preferences before loading your farm.

Mary2bob Jan 12 2016 11:31 AM

problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6034606)

Please tell your husband to try clearing his memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens he has to close it and his farm, then reopen and try to load your farm again. Also ask him to uncheck everything in his preferences before loading your farm.

he did as you said now when he comes to my farm he has error message and has to reload the game. Thank you for all your help. My last try will be our internet provider but since it works just fine with me I doubt that's the problem. He had just started replaying the game because I did but now he says he remembered why he quit in the first place.

marymarcel Jan 12 2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary2bob (Post 6035138)
he did as you said now when he comes to my farm he has error message and has to reload the game. Thank you for all your help. My last try will be our internet provider but since it works just fine with me I doubt that's the problem. He had just started replaying the game because I did but now he says he remembered why he quit in the first place.

Could you please provide a link to your husband's farms?

You have instructions on how to get it in the following thread, thank you:)

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390

WillowTreeFarm Feb 02 2016 06:32 AM

I was working my super neighbors farm around 3 am and I opened the seeder and no seeds were listed, I clicked to close the seeder and was booted right off FT, now I can't load my farm, it just keeps saying loading user. I have done everything listed including rebooting my internet router. I logged onto my husbands account and loaded his farm just fine and loaded my farm too. Is there anything you can do to help please?

WillowTreeFarm Feb 02 2016 06:55 AM

I just got on! Thank you so much if it was something you did.

marymarcel Feb 02 2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 6041246)
I was working my super neighbors farm around 3 am and I opened the seeder and no seeds were listed, I clicked to close the seeder and was booted right off FT, now I can't load my farm, it just keeps saying loading user. I have done everything listed including rebooting my internet router. I logged onto my husbands account and loaded his farm just fine and loaded my farm too. Is there anything you can do to help please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 6041262)
I just got on! Thank you so much if it was something you did.

Hi WillowTreeFarm:)

So glad you are able to load farms again, but we didnt do anything, perhaps just an intermittent glitch.

Thank you so much for coming back and let us know.:)

smittysun Mar 06 2016 05:16 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to report my problem, if not please redirect.
I am not able to access any of my farms except my default farm, or am I able to use any of my tools to harvest/plow/sow, etc. The screen freezes on the tools menu. My husband is also experiencing the same problems. Fortunately I am able to hire farmers to harvest the crops that are ready. I tried to see if the problem was being worked on before I posted. If its being addressed I apologize for not knowing. Thank you for all you do.

marymarcel Mar 06 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysun (Post 6048986)
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to report my problem, if not please redirect.
I am not able to access any of my farms except my default farm, or am I able to use any of my tools to harvest/plow/sow, etc. The screen freezes on the tools menu. My husband is also experiencing the same problems. Fortunately I am able to hire farmers to harvest the crops that are ready. I tried to see if the problem was being worked on before I posted. If its being addressed I apologize for not knowing. Thank you for all you do.

Hi smittysun:)

Are you and your husband using the same computer?

smittysun Mar 06 2016 06:49 PM

Yes. I've cleared the cache and history, and also checked connections

marymarcel Mar 06 2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysun (Post 6048998)
Yes. I've cleared the cache and history, and also checked connections

Ok, please try all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread, specially the one about your flash player.

If you are using Chrome then you will need to uninstal and reinstal Chrome as flash player is built in that browser.

tsrewop Mar 06 2016 10:22 PM

Connectivity Issues with Last Link on list

Okay so first, I cannot post this to your support because farmtown's page will not load at all...I briefly got into it on Edge and there the tabs and support links are available but they also come up with the connectivity issue. You cannot do a memcache clear due to this issue. I clicked through the links recommended to test if having an issue and it is this one that is having issues
http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/test.php

I usually run on Chrome... it didn't work there. I just reset my computer today so didn't have Firefox downloaded yet, so went to Edge. As I said it worked briefly there...even was able to replant a field. However, when I went to do something in facility manager (checking what an item did)... it froze and when I reloaded farm town..it came up with the connectivity issues.

Well since I just reset this laptop (reloaded Windows 10, had a service registry issue...couldn't run metro apps(windows store apps) farm town was working just fine so it is not my laptop). I downloaded Mozilla... and made sure I had updated Flash Player... Mozilla came up with same connectivity issue though it specifically told me to contact the website administrators to let them know this issue existed. Hence the reason I am going ahead and contacting you since I am now certain it is not my pc.

quote from Secured connection error page on Mozilla --- The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

I have gone to Flash to ensure that the player itself is working...it is. And have tested other flash player sites. (specifically ones that test flash player) and they work correctly. So I leave it in your hands.

Taz D Mar 06 2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsrewop (Post 6049050)
Okay so first, I cannot post this to your support because farmtown's page will not load at all...I briefly got into it on Edge and there the tabs and support links are available but they also come up with the connectivity issue. You cannot do a memcache clear due to this issue. I clicked through the links recommended to test if having an issue and it is this one that is having issues
http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/test.php

I usually run on Chrome... it didn't work there. I just reset my computer today so didn't have Firefox downloaded yet, so went to Edge. As I said it worked briefly there...even was able to replant a field. However, when I went to do something in facility manager (checking what an item did)... it froze and when I reloaded farm town..it came up with the connectivity issues.

Well since I just reset this laptop (reloaded Windows 10, had a service registry issue...couldn't run metro apps(windows store apps) farm town was working just fine so it is not my laptop). I downloaded Mozilla... and made sure I had updated Flash Player... Mozilla came up with same connectivity issue though it specifically told me to contact the website administrators to let them know this issue existed. Hence the reason I am going ahead and contacting you since I am now certain it is not my pc.

quote from Secured connection error page on Mozilla --- The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

I have gone to Flash to ensure that the player itself is working...it is. And have tested other flash player sites. (specifically ones that test flash player) and they work correctly. So I leave it in your hands.

Hi tsrewop,

What are you seeing when you try to open Farm Town?
I am sorry you are having this problem, but it is not on Farm Town's end. It may be a connection problem between you and the Farm Town servers, but that could be any one of several internet jumps and not necessarily your ISP.
Edge still has problems after Facebook made some changes a while back and have not fixed them yet as far as we know.
Many sites that have Flash are not trustworthy and tend to add other things in to their download that can cause problems. Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

This is not usually a thing we have you do for not loading, but this may help with your Firefox and Chrome problems with the loading. Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"