Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cannot load farm, Errors, connecting to mainframe (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

tsrewop Mar 06 2016 11:00 PM

It was a windows update issue

I forgot I hadn't restarted my computer since resetting Windows 10... a security issue update was likely causing issues. Sorry... I realized after I posted that, that this likely was an issue... so I restarted and hoping that I could get back here and reply stating this was the issue. Usually I restart before I do anything in support... I KNOW this is the solution to many issues. But it's been a long day and lol like I said totally forgot that Windows needed to catch up updates after resetting it. Sorry.

Taz D Mar 06 2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsrewop (Post 6049070)
I forgot I hadn't restarted my computer since resetting Windows 10... a security issue update was likely causing issues. Sorry... I realized after I posted that, that this likely was an issue... so I restarted and hoping that I could get back here and reply stating this was the issue. Usually I restart before I do anything in support... I KNOW this is the solution to many issues. But it's been a long day and lol like I said totally forgot that Windows needed to catch up updates after resetting it. Sorry.

Hi tsrewop,
No problem. Glad it was something simple. :)

whitrow@gmail.com Mar 25 2016 01:38 PM

farm Town

Why is farm Town having trouble loading and unloading and gifts are terrible to send and receive.

Taz D Mar 25 2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrow@gmail.com (Post 6053222)
Why is farm Town having trouble loading and unloading and gifts are terrible to send and receive.

Hi whitrow,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems. Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread.

Morningstarz Apr 02 2016 10:16 PM

The game really isn't loading for me at all today. I can send gifts, but loading stops at 41 percent

Taz D Apr 02 2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningstarz (Post 6054946)
The game really isn't loading for me at all today. I can send gifts, but loading stops at 41 percent

Hi Morningstarz,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about loading the game. Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread.

vinotinto Apr 07 2016 03:49 PM

the connection was reset

I have tried all what you recommended in the main thread, to no avail, it just comes up...connection was reset. It is now a few months since I have been able to play and feel lost not being able to farm with my neighbours. I brought this computer last year and in the beginning I had no problem using chrome, even downloaded firefox but nothing, and it won't work on windows either, all my other games are working fine, I can access ft from another computer as well

Taz D Apr 07 2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056494)
I have tried all what you recommended in the main thread, to no avail, it just comes up...connection was reset. It is now a few months since I have been able to play and feel lost not being able to farm with my neighbours. I brought this computer last year and in the beginning I had no problem using chrome, even downloaded firefox but nothing, and it won't work on windows either, all my other games are working fine, I can access ft from another computer as well

Hi vinotinto,
If you can access the farm from another computer then the problem is within the computer you can't access it from. If the other computer is on a different internet service then it could be your service causing this.
Have you uninstalled and Reinstalled the Flash player per the instructions? You cannot use the Windows uninstaller as that will not remove all the files that may be corrupted.
If you are on a different internet service from the computer that works, then make sure you reset your router as that could also have a corrupted file in it.
Did you try all the server connections and if so what were your results?

vinotinto Apr 07 2016 04:52 PM

server connections were ok
my flashplayer is incorporated in my comp so can not be uninstalled
tried to do the cmdslashkey but the site did not show up in the window
the computer that I could load the game is on the same router
I am still learning my way through this computer as well as I only brought it last year

vinotinto Apr 07 2016 04:53 PM

just clicked on your personnel link and again nothing

Taz D Apr 07 2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056562)
server connections were ok
my flashplayer is incorporated in my comp so can not be uninstalled
tried to do the cmdslashkey but the site did not show up in the window
the computer that I could load the game is on the same router
I am still learning my way through this computer as well as I only brought it last year

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056566)
just clicked on your personnel link and again nothing

Hi vinotinto,
What kind of computer is it?
Firefox does not have the Flash Player included. Only Chrome does and you can try uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it.
For Firefox, go to the Adobe site to download it. It will want to save a file and then you click on that file to install Flash for Firefox.

vinotinto Apr 08 2016 09:40 AM

have disinstalled chrome and then reinstalled chrome and still no joy
I have an Acer Aspire xc-705

Taz D Apr 08 2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056938)
have disinstalled chrome and then reinstalled chrome and still no joy
I have an Acer Aspire xc-705

Hi vinotinto,
Try installing the flash for Firefox as I described for you.
What do you get when you try to open Farm Town?

vinotinto Apr 08 2016 10:18 AM

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

vinotinto Apr 08 2016 10:19 AM

sorry that was with firefox after doing the flash player

Taz D Apr 08 2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056978)
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinotinto (Post 6056986)
sorry that was with firefox after doing the flash player

Hi vinotinto,
Try this:
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Also check to make sure that none of those sites are blocked by Firefox or in Chrome. Check to make sure your anti-virus is not blocking them either and your firwall.

treedill Apr 17 2016 07:00 AM

Farm not loading

I have 2 accts. One loads just fine. The other just says loading but will not come up. I have rebooted my computer and still having same issue. Any ideas?

Tiger Apr 17 2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treedill (Post 6060270)
I have 2 accts. One loads just fine. The other just says loading but will not come up. I have rebooted my computer and still having same issue. Any ideas?

Hi treedill,

I moved your post to the thread for cannot load thread.

Log on to the account with the problem, make sure the other is not logged on , then Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again.

If that doesn't help please try all the suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread.

EZ Duzzit Apr 17 2016 09:28 AM

I am unable to get my farms to load. It only gets as far as "Loading User" and stays there. Have done all the "housekeeping" things, but nothing works. Are there server problems? I have been trying for 2 hours. Thx.

chichibeck Apr 17 2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6060278)
Hi treedill,

I moved your post to the thread for cannot load thread.

Log on to the account with the problem, make sure the other is not logged on , then Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again.

If that doesn't help please try all the suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread.

I have tried several browsers, cleared memcache, deleted history and updated flash. I still can't get farm town to load.

francescarw Apr 17 2016 09:44 AM

if i reach bow hair clip one more time today , i will scream,,,,now about fifty times,,,have turned off puter,,,but no,,,you have reached bow hair clip 6th dan again and again and again,,i hope i will be able to post other bonuses x

chichibeck Apr 17 2016 10:01 AM

I have tried several browsers, deleted history, cleared memcache and updated flash, and still can't load farm town. It must be a slashkey issue. I am at my wits end. Please help. Thank you

Taz D Apr 17 2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZ Duzzit (Post 6060314)
I am unable to get my farms to load. It only gets as far as "Loading User" and stays there. Have done all the "housekeeping" things, but nothing works. Are there server problems? I have been trying for 2 hours. Thx.

Hi EZ Duzzit,
Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread. There are no server problems that we know of.

Taz D Apr 17 2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chichibeck (Post 6060330)
I have tried several browsers, deleted history, cleared memcache and updated flash, and still can't load farm town. It must be a slashkey issue. I am at my wits end. Please help. Thank you

Hi Chichibeck,
Please try the suggestions in the first post the following thread too:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774

chichibeck Apr 17 2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chichibeck (Post 6060318)
I have tried several browsers, cleared memcache, deleted history and updated flash. I still can't get farm town to load.

Thank you so much, I am able to work my farms now. You are awesome!

Dr. Dirt Apr 20 2016 10:17 AM

I started having loading problems today. When I try to load the game I get a white screen. The top part with the game bar loads but where the game loads is just white. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen often. Happens when I click on a facility help request and try to load others farms also. One of my neighbors said this also started happening to her today. Tried clearing the browser history and memcache already.

Tiger Apr 20 2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6061154)
I started having loading problems today. When I try to load the game I get a white screen. The top part with the game bar loads but where the game loads is just white. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen often. Happens when I click on a facility help request and try to load others farms also. One of my neighbors said this also started happening to her today. Tried clearing the browser history and memcache already.

Hi Dr.Dirt,

I can get to your farms fine so the problem seems to be before then. By any chance are you using chrome? If you are try rebooting, as that browser has been playing up recently.

You could try another browser and see if you get the same problems there. There are also other things to try located in the first post on the first page of this thread.

Dr. Dirt Apr 20 2016 12:09 PM

I am using chrome. Did the other stuff on the first page and tried it with fire fox but still get the occasional white page.

Tiger Apr 20 2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6061194)
I am using chrome. Did the other stuff on the first page and tried it with fire fox but still get the occasional white page.

Hi Dr,Dirt,

It may be down to intermittent connection problems in which case you will have to wait it out.

Dr. Dirt Apr 21 2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6061218)
Hi Dr,Dirt,

It may be down to intermittent connection problems in which case you will have to wait it out.

Everything back to normal today! :)

Tiger Apr 21 2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6061546)
Everything back to normal today! :)

well that is great! Thanks for coming back and letting us know :)

Riverboat Apr 22 2016 05:56 AM

done all the normal stuff it says loading user and that is it nothing else could go to my requests and do them but can not get the game to load at all. Who is mad at me :D

Mrs Mags Apr 22 2016 06:06 AM

Hi. My Farm gets stuck on *Loading User* several people on FB are saying the same thing. Just wanted to know if there is a problem. Thanks

eyerisz Apr 22 2016 06:34 AM

Same problem here. My aunt tried logging into her farm from my computer and got on just fine so it's not my computer.

Robbo Robson Apr 22 2016 06:38 AM

Game does not load

Can't get FT to load up today. I have tried in both Safari and Chrome mode as well. I have emptied the cache too.

I am guessing the problem is at FT HQ and not with my machine. I saw others have had similar problems but those posts go back to 2009.

I am guessing I will just to wait it out and see when it comes back on-line.

JoSinger Apr 22 2016 07:32 AM

Cannot Get into Farm! Tried everything

This has been happening for several days now. But ultimately within 5 minutes or so I was able to access my farms.

This morning I cannot get into my farms on either Chrome or IE.

I also tried using Puffin on my iPhone. Got the same problem there also.

I was able to access Farmtown on my other farm on my other facebook name Hubblehushpuppy Singer Had no problem getting in at all. Returned to my main facebook name and farms and could NOT get in. Same issue.

I just get a white screen loading- loading user- loading user, etc.

All my connectivity is fine. I dumped cache yesterday and last night my farms were working fine.

Thanks for fixing this!

Jo

Martybelle Apr 22 2016 07:41 AM

Unable to load

I am unable to load user- This is the first time I have had this problem. What should I try? I have checked my connectivity all is good and I have cleared my cache.

mtruncali Apr 22 2016 07:50 AM

Not loading for me either

AussieGecko Apr 22 2016 07:51 AM

Hi there, normally I am server 37 and lately I have had a few odd things happening, like objects disappear. Tonight the game won't load. Hoping this is just a quick update being done on it.

marymarcel Apr 22 2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverboat (Post 6061914)
done all the normal stuff it says loading user and that is it nothing else could go to my requests and do them but can not get the game to load at all. Who is mad at me :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Mags (Post 6061922)
Hi. My Farm gets stuck on *Loading User* several people on FB are saying the same thing. Just wanted to know if there is a problem. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyerisz (Post 6061926)
Same problem here. My aunt tried logging into her farm from my computer and got on just fine so it's not my computer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo Robson (Post 6061930)
Can't get FT to load up today. I have tried in both Safari and Chrome mode as well. I have emptied the cache too.

I am guessing the problem is at FT HQ and not with my machine. I saw others have had similar problems but those posts go back to 2009.

I am guessing I will just to wait it out and see when it comes back on-line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoSinger (Post 6061938)
This has been happening for several days now. But ultimately within 5 minutes or so I was able to access my farms.

This morning I cannot get into my farms on either Chrome or IE.

I also tried using Puffin on my iPhone. Got the same problem there also.

I just get a white screen loading- loading user- loading user, etc.

All my connectivity is fine. I dumped cache yesterday and last night my farms were working fine.

Thanks for fixing this!

Jo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martybelle (Post 6061942)
I am unable to load user- This is the first time I have had this problem. What should I try? I have checked my connectivity all is good and I have cleared my cache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtruncali (Post 6061946)
Not loading for me either

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieGecko (Post 6061950)
Hi there, normally I am server 37 and lately I have had a few odd things happening, like objects disappear. Tonight the game won't load. Hoping this is just a quick update being done on it.

Hi all:)

Thank you all for reporting the Loading user, we are not sure about what is happening as not all users are affected.

Meanwhile, please try all suggestions given in the first post,first page of this thread and if you remember your WF number please post it here. Thank you!