Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

needforsuv Jan 16 2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6415178)
Hi needforsuv,
What farm link are you trying to load?

I've tested it on yours and another persons (just curious as I've never tried it out before), both show my farm.

Taz D Jan 16 2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needforsuv (Post 6415206)
I've tested it on yours and another persons (just curious as I've never tried it out before), both show my farm.

Hi needforsuv,
That is not completely added yet.

mdillenback Jan 16 2021 10:19 AM

None of my quests will load......user 678523993

Taz D Jan 16 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdillenback (Post 6415594)
None of my quests will load......user 678523993

Hi mdillenback,
The quests have not been added yet. You can see what is currently available in the first post of the thread about the Migration in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

Joyce Turbo Jan 19 2021 09:28 AM

User ID 1453639868

Greetings! I have been working on Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I have cleared cache in all browsers. I updated my video drivers.. I have performed disk cleaning and every other possible thing I could think of. I have been following topics and have tried some things I saw.. in google chrome's address bar I typed chrome:flags and I actually was able to enable graphics rendering override.. it got me closer but still no farm completely loads. I have tried to troubleshoot from my own end, and my computer can do this lol.. Please let me know what else I can try.. oh an error I have been getting in the console is:

error: { "isTrusted":true}

I get another error telling me that it cannot allocate memory but I have plenty of disc space and I don't think that is accurate..

Another error I get is >> An abnormal situation has occurred. The PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact customer support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.

Tiger Jan 19 2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce Turbo (Post 6418118)
Greetings! I have been working on Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I have cleared cache in all browsers. I updated my video drivers.. I have performed disk cleaning and every other possible thing I could think of. I have been following topics and have tried some things I saw.. in google chrome's address bar I typed chrome:flags and I actually was able to enable graphics rendering override.. it got me closer but still no farm completely loads. I have tried to troubleshoot from my own end, and my computer can do this lol.. Please let me know what else I can try.. oh an error I have been getting in the console is:

error: { "isTrusted":true}

I get another error telling me that it cannot allocate memory but I have plenty of disc space and I don't think that is accurate..

Another error I get is >> An abnormal situation has occurred. The PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact customer support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.

Hi Joyce,

Just to make you aware, in case you missed it. At the top of the page where you would have enabled flags in Chrome there is a warning telling you that those are experimental features that could compromise your security and privacy. If you didn't read it then I suggest that you go back and read it so you're fully aware.

The decision to update everything like your software and drivers is a good one and so is keeping the browsers up to date. So carry on keeping an eye out on your computer for any updates it may suggest to you once in a while

The memory I am not going to discuss in any detail as far too many reading this won't understand it all. Memory issues are still being looked at to see what can be done. The game far from it's final stage yet so what some might be hard to load now may not be later on in the versions we get over the coming weeks. The entire dev team, mods and support are continuing to test all sorts of issues and fixes every day.

Out of curiosity have you tried Opera yet? Might be worht a try seeing as you like Edge and Chrome. Opera is very similar to Chrome. If it's a new browser for you remember to check that it's allowing cookies and pop ups to so, as those are needed for Farm Town.

Your additional information has been copied to the relevant closed thread to keep all the information together for the developers.

Thank you for updating your information.

BethFB Jan 22 2021 10:57 AM

I have a friend who is unable to see the game itself on Facebook, she doesn't have it blocked. She states that the FarmTown game page which gives us info and fun little mini games doesn't show up nor does the game as it gives her page not found.

I gave her the direct link to the game itself and it comes up with page not found. I gave her all the links that I have that would help her get in and none helped.

What else should I do to help her join FarmTown?

Beth

My friend has decided not to play the game with it being so hard in joining unless the joining feature is disabled at the moment till we're done with the move.

If it is disabled at the moment, I will let my friend know that they had disabled it till the move is done with.

Beth

Taz D Jan 22 2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6420130)
I have a friend who is unable to see the game itself on Facebook, she doesn't have it blocked. She states that the FarmTown game page which gives us info and fun little mini games doesn't show up nor does the game as it gives her page not found.

I gave her the direct link to the game itself and it comes up with page not found. I gave her all the links that I have that would help her get in and none helped.

What else should I do to help her join FarmTown?

Beth

My friend has decided not to play the game with it being so hard in joining unless the joining feature is disabled at the moment till we're done with the move.

If it is disabled at the moment, I will let my friend know that they had disabled it till the move is done with.

Beth

Hi Beth,
The joining the game is not disabled as far as we know presently. Give her a link to the forums and she can try the Play Farm Town button at the top of the forums.

She also could try the suggestions in the first post of this thread in particular the restarting of her modem. It or her computer may be blocking that link to the game.
Waiting to start playing may be a good idea for a new player at the moment.

JNelson Jan 23 2021 12:48 AM

I have a person who needs help with WebGL issues but she in Egypt and needs help in Dutch , is there a moderator that can help? she not understand the English well enough to understand what to do

Tiger Jan 23 2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6420410)
I have a person who needs help with WebGL issues but she in Egypt and needs help in Dutch , is there a moderator that can help? she not understand the English well enough to understand what to do

Hi JNelson,

We don't have anyone fluent in their language. They can certainly post in the forum and we can try to help and see if the problem is going to be easy to translate or not.

It may be easier if they just type the question teste webGL mit? into their browser address bar so they can search for information on that subject in their own language, according to what problem they are having with WebGL.

If they don't understand any English or very little, then perhaps they can find a friend that can read English that could translate it for them.

They could start with translating what it's saying when they click on this link to test if their browser supports WebGL https://get.webgl.org/ then move on to translating what is in the message above the game screen.

EDIT TO ADD: As far as we can be sure of, if you copy and paste the information in the Announcement for First Load of Farm Town and the instructions under Persistent Loading Issues into Googles translator those will covert to their language well.

JNelson Jan 23 2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6420450)
Hi JNelson,

We don't have anyone fluent in their language. They can certainly post in the forum and we can try to help and see if the problem is going to be easy to translate or not.

It may be easier if they just type the question teste webGL mit? into their browser address bar so they can search for information on that subject in their own language, according to what problem they are having with WebGL.

If they don't understand any English or very little, then perhaps they can find a friend that can read English that could translate it for them.

They could start with translating what it's saying when they click on this link to test if their browser supports WebGL https://get.webgl.org/ then move on to translating what is in the message above the game screen.

EDIT TO ADD: As far as we can be sure of, if you copy and paste the information in the Announcement for First Load of Farm Town and the instructions under Persistent Loading Issues into Googles translator those will covert to their language well.

i copy / paste the post using FB translator , it wasn't perfect but ended up being good enough. she does know some English it was the tech stuff she was have hard time with , but using FB translator i was able to get her back on her farms .... she going to pass it on to some others also having issues who only speak Dutch ....

Mariam Callachund Jan 24 2021 08:00 AM

Error X Link ?

Hi everyone,

Anyone who can help me? My farm is not loading or it load very slowly, when it load it goes off with a message in green "Error X link" and it disconnect my game.

Please help, missing my game.

marymarcel Jan 24 2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariam Callachund (Post 6421018)
Hi everyone,

Anyone who can help me? My farm is not loading or it load very slowly, when it load it goes off with a message in green "Error X link" and it disconnect my game.

Please help, missing my game.

Hi Mariam Callachund :)

I moved your post to the thread for Cannot load the game.

Please follow the suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread under What you can try if your farm isn't loading or you are getting an error title including the ones in the links.

rindydvm@msn.com Jan 26 2021 04:24 AM

will there be a new web hosting other than Facebook?

Since Facebook is censoring free speech, I would like to see Farm Town use a different web hosting service other than Facebook. What is the possibility that Farm Town could use another web hosting service?

marymarcel Jan 26 2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rindydvm@msn.com (Post 6421890)
Since Facebook is censoring free speech, I would like to see Farm Town use a different web hosting service other than Facebook. What is the possibility that Farm Town could use another web hosting service?

Hi rindydvm :)

I moved your post to the thread about loading the game.

We dont think that kind of change will be possible.

ehrfarm Jan 27 2021 11:19 AM

I.D. 100000146042462 my WEBGL mem: the mem went from 512 mb to 256 mb giving me less mem. my wife's game is still at 512 mb of mem please help

Taz D Jan 27 2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehrfarm (Post 6422662)
I.D. 100000146042462 my WEBGL mem: the mem went from 512 mb to 256 mb giving me less mem. my wife's game is still at 512 mb of mem please help

Hi ehrfarm,
As long as you can open your farms and the amount of memory showing in that bottom strip is showing less in the first number than in the second number then you are ok. That amount will adjust as needed.

ehrfarm Jan 27 2021 11:33 AM

so i will get more mem as i keep adding things to my farm ? and thank you for the first answer

mbean663 Jan 28 2021 10:14 AM

FarmTown is GONE

I no longer have my FarmTown link in FB. I did not delete or remove the game... please help!!

Taz D Jan 28 2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbean663 (Post 6423178)
I no longer have my FarmTown link in FB. I did not delete or remove the game... please help!!

Hi mbean,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
Find where it says Shortcuts in the left column and hover the mouse over that. To the right of it will be Edit. Click on that and it will bring up a list of your shortcuts. Find Farm Town in that and change it's setting to pin at the top.

You can also get into your farms by clicking on the Play Farm Town button at the top of the forums here.

mbean663 Jan 28 2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6423182)
Hi mbean,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
Find where it says Shortcuts in the left column and hover the mouse over that. To the right of it will be Edit. Click on that and it will bring up a list of your shortcuts. Find Farm Town in that and change it's setting to pin at the top.

You can also get into your farms by clicking on the Play Farm Town button at the top of the forums here.

I have looked through the shortcuts, it is gone. I have 2 other accounts and can see my main account (the one that is gone) and can work it as a SN. If I go to the FT game and try to reestablish a link am I going to lose everything on my account?? I've been playing for many years and don't want to have to start from the very beginning again.

Taz D Jan 28 2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbean663 (Post 6423202)
I have looked through the shortcuts, it is gone. I have 2 other accounts and can see my main account (the one that is gone) and can work it as a SN. If I go to the FT game and try to reestablish a link am I going to lose everything on my account?? I've been playing for many years and don't want to have to start from the very beginning again.

Hi mbean,
If you do not see the shortcut there, please check your Facebook settings for "Apps and Websites" and make sure Farm Town is in the Active tab.

Did you try the button at the top of the forums?

mbean663 Jan 28 2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6423210)
Hi mbean,
If you do not see the shortcut there, please check your Facebook settings for "Apps and Websites" and make sure Farm Town is in the Active tab.

Did you try the button at the top of the forums?

OK, by clicking on the button at the top of the forum, I am able to get into the account. FT is in the "active" tab, not seeing a shortcut on FB. At least I can get to the game, I will have to figure out what is going on with my FB shortcuts and why I can't add for FT. Thank you for your help.

Taz D Jan 28 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbean663 (Post 6423218)
OK, by clicking on the button at the top of the forum, I am able to get into the account. FT is in the "active" tab, not seeing a shortcut on FB. At least I can get to the game, I will have to figure out what is going on with my FB shortcuts and why I can't add for FT. Thank you for your help.

Hi mbean,
As you have now gotten into those farms, then the shortcut may show back up.

SANDIE39 Feb 05 2021 01:33 PM

General question of no Importance

Why is it that when I leave the game for about 10 minutes, when I return the game is in a sleeping mode and I have to wait about a minute before it wakes up. This has happened numerous times lately, is it something to do with the newness of the game without Flash? It is not my computer, I am sure as I just bought a new Dell in December 2020. Thanks in advance, Sandie39

marymarcel Feb 05 2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SANDIE39 (Post 6426378)
Why is it that when I leave the game for about 10 minutes, when I return the game is in a sleeping mode and I have to wait about a minute before it wakes up. This has happened numerous times lately, is it something to do with the newness of the game without Flash? It is not my computer, I am sure as I just bought a new Dell in December 2020. Thanks in advance, Sandie39

Hi Sandie39 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot load the game.

It sounds like your computer is going into sleep mode, if so, check your power options in your Control Panel. Farmtown itself doesn't have a sleep mode.

You can type the word sleep in the search box bottom left and it should show you Power and Sleep Settings, click on it and it will show you both of them and there are little drop down buttons to change it, just change them to what you want and close the window.

Santmyer Feb 09 2021 01:10 PM

Question

What does IndexedDB is not available. Data will not persist in cache and PlayerPrefs will not be saved. mean?

This shows up as the first line of information in the Toggle FT Console after no less than 6 minutes of spinning its wheels to try to load at

GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Tiger Feb 09 2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6427434)
What does IndexedDB is not available. Data will not persist in cache and PlayerPrefs will not be saved. mean?

This shows up as the first line of information in the Toggle FT Console after no less than 6 minutes of spinning its wheels to try to load at

GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Hi Santmyer,

It's a problem with the browser. Were you able to load the game prior to this?

Did you have a lot of tabs open in your browser at the time?

Have you made any changes to your browser prior to getting this?
Which browser are you using?

Check if the browser can be updated, then close and reopen it and just open one tab to the game, and see if the problem clears.

If it does not please try another browser and see if you get the same problem there.

TIBBSY Feb 11 2021 06:18 AM

nothing at all

Hi this is about the fourth time I have tried to resolve this issue every time I log on got to farm Town it all loads up then goes straight to a silver screen nothing i do seems to prevent this bearing in mind iam not that computer literate many thanks
Peter

Tiger Feb 11 2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIBBSY (Post 6427798)
Hi this is about the fourth time I have tried to resolve this issue every time I log on got to farm Town it all loads up then goes straight to a silver screen nothing i do seems to prevent this bearing in mind iam not that computer literate many thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

Your post have been answered but it appears that you are unable to find them. Please click on this link to see the reply to your previous post: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...82#post6424482

Santmyer Feb 12 2021 07:44 AM

Responding to the questions you asked me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6427438)
Hi Santmyer,

It's a problem with the browser. Were you able to load the game prior to this? This has been an issue since the change over

Did you have a lot of tabs open in your browser at the time? No only this tab

Have you made any changes to your browser prior to getting this? Not at all

Which browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox

Check if the browser can be updated, then close and reopen it and just open one tab to the game, and see if the problem clears. Followed your instructions. After multiple visits yesterday and one so far today, it is still taking no less than 6 minutes to load farm town and I get the same lines of data each time

If it does not please try another browser and see if you get the same problem there. Have not gone this avenue yet but will at so point in time. This is my preferred browser for security reasons.

Taz D Feb 12 2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6428178)

Hi Santmeyer,
Do you have Firefox set to delete cookies and site data when closing? That is in the Privacy and security settings. If you do then that is why it is taking so long for it to load each time.

Santmyer Feb 19 2021 06:39 PM

Help With Firefox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6428210)
Hi Santmeyer,
Do you have Firefox set to delete cookies and site data when closing? That is in the Privacy and security settings. If you do then that is why it is taking so long for it to load each time.

Hey Taz I have tried a few things to get your suggestion about Firefox to work.

A question before I try anything else. What does "In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed." mean to me as it pertains to Farm Town and how do I change it?

The line Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed seems to be faded as in I do not have an option to change it.

Also in manage exceptions is that where I put, each of this listed: Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Please help me. I did not even shut down the browser and tried to open a neighbor's farm that had posted and again it was well over a 6 minute delay.

Taz D Feb 19 2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6429682)
Hey Taz I have tried a few things to get your suggestion about Firefox to work.

A question before I try anything else. What does "In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed." mean to me as it pertains to Farm Town and how do I change it?

The line Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed seems to be faded as in I do not have an option to change it.

Also in manage exceptions is that where I put, each of this listed: Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Please help me. I did not even shut down the browser and tried to open a neighbor's farm that had posted and again it was well over a 6 minute delay.

Hi Santmyer,
If you use the Private Browsing then first the cookies and pop ups may be blocked, specially if not coming from the site you are directly on. And any normally saved will be deleted. DOn't use the private browsing for FT.
If Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed is greyed out then it is not set which you want.

Yes you need to have those sites in the exceptions except for Trialpay as that is no longer used.

goldendreamer Feb 24 2021 03:09 PM

I am having tons if issues with the game freezing no matter what bowser I use. I sue Chrome, Opera and Firefox and it does it on all of them. when playing for 2-3 hours, I probably have at least 4 times that it will freeze. My cache is clear and my computer supports your new format. I have checked that out. My computer never freezes on anything but this game and never froze on old format. I am using an Apple Mac Book Pro. I can't post anything to you from the bottom of the screen since when it freezes, I can't see anything there.

marymarcel Feb 24 2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendreamer (Post 6431646)
I am having tons if issues with the game freezing no matter what bowser I use. I sue Chrome, Opera and Firefox and it does it on all of them. when playing for 2-3 hours, I probably have at least 4 times that it will freeze. My cache is clear and my computer supports your new format. I have checked that out. My computer never freezes on anything but this game and never froze on old format. I am using an Apple Mac Book Pro. I can't post anything to you from the bottom of the screen since when it freezes, I can't see anything there.

Hi goldendreamer :)

Im sorry but non of us are using a Mac, the only information we have about Mac, browsers and how to update the software is in the following link under First load of Farm Town>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Please check if it helps you.

Conjetta Feb 26 2021 10:30 AM

Timing Issue

I am posting this for a friend who lives in Vietnam. He said he was not allowed to post for himself.

He says he's having trouble loading between 8-10:00 PM, Vietnam time zone.
He says he can load neighbor's facilities, but it takes several tries.
He also says he can not work his sn farms. His system freezes. But other than those two hours, everything works fine. His ID# is 604470133.

Can you help him?

Tiger Feb 26 2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6432074)
I am posting this for a friend who lives in Vietnam. He said he was not allowed to post for himself.

He says he's having trouble loading between 8-10:00 PM, Vietnam time zone.
He says he can load neighbor's facilities, but it takes several tries.
He also says he can not work his sn farms. His system freezes. But other than those two hours, everything works fine. His ID# is 604470133.

Can you help him?

Hi Conjetta,

There is nothing being done to the game servers at that time of day. It sounds like the internet over there may be high in traffic at those times in his area which would slow connections down. If there was a game wide issue at that time we would be seeing a lot of posts at that time about it and we're not.

He should check with his ISP to make sure there's no routine work being done at those times and for them to check his service is also fine from their end. From there on there's no way to track where the problem is as all the connections everyone goes through to get to anywhere on the internet can vary as to which route and who owns any connection.

For his forum issue, if he was not logged into the forum or was trying to post in an area that is not open for posting then he will see that message. Perhaps you can check that with him.

If it's not that you can get just his username that he used for the forum, we will take a look. Please do not post his email address on the open forum, this is a public forum so anyone can read it, so not the best idea.

goldendreamer Mar 03 2021 02:48 AM

No info at Top of Game

When I play FT in Firefox, the only thing that shows at the top of the game is Account, Buy Cash, and Invite. So I am not able to use those other things. When it first starts to load, all of them flash on but then as the game loads there are only 3 left.

Tiger Mar 03 2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldendreamer (Post 6433070)
When I play FT in Firefox, the only thing that shows at the top of the game is Account, Buy Cash, and Invite. So I am not able to use those other things. When it first starts to load, all of them flash on but then as the game loads there are only 3 left.

Hi goldendreamer,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading as you're not able to load the message banner and all the tabs in Firefox.

If you have not already done so please make sure that you have done any updates on your computer. Then please check that Firefox is up to date and that any extensions added to it are disabled while you try to load the game. Some extensions can cause problems and hide things you would normally see like the message banner above the game screen.

If you make any changes to your browser, please close the browser and then reopen it before you try to load the game to make sure those changes are saved and applied.