Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Trains (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634258)

Taz D Oct 13 2011 12:25 AM

Trains

This thread is temporarily closed until the Trains can be added back to the new version of the game. At that time we will reopen this thread. For the time being you can not unload, dispatch or move the trains that carry goods and are dispatched. You can move decorative trains and those not dispatched as normal.

Everyone is in the same position regarding Quests. We can not tell you at this time when those and the Facilities needed for them will be added back. We will reopen this thread at that time.

To see the current updates and ask any questions about the new version of the game please click on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

---------------------------

This Thread is for posting any issue you have with the Trains.

Before posting a general enquiry
about how the trains function and what the carriages bring, please check the
Game Guide, Chapter 29 Freight Trains.
In many cases the answer to your question can be found there.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...nd toolbox.PNG When connecting the locomotive and cars use the Yellow Edit Hand in your tool box. Connecting the engines and cars is much more successful if you do NOT use the Freestyle Farm Designers to connect them. The green and purple ones allow overlapping of items and this can cause a problem if you unintentionally do that with the trains and cars, as they can appear connected but may not be.

Making alterations to the trains:
When a train is dispatched you will NOT be able to move the locomotive or the cars attached to the train. You will have to wait until the train is back from it's trip, then unload it. Then BEFORE you dispatch it you can move the trains and cars.

When asking for help with a problem that requires a Moderator to check your farm , please include a manual link to your farm and include which farm(s) the trains are on.
Instructions on how to create the manual link to your farm are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

For Suggestions for Trains please post in Freight Trains and Cargo Ships

This thread is for Help & Support any off topic posts will be removed

SeaJay Feb 08 2018 01:38 PM

Save

I'm trying to figure out how the 3, 2, 1 percentage works. I'm trying to test theories with no luck.
The first 4 to boost a train get 3 percent, the next 4 get 2 and the last 4 get 1?
Or, the first time you boost a train it's 3 percent, then the next time you boost the same train it's 2 percent.........etc?
Is there in answer to this? Neither one of my tests yielded an answer.
Thanks

Taz D Feb 08 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaJay (Post 6221350)
I'm trying to figure out how the 3, 2, 1 percentage works. I'm trying to test theories with no luck.
The first 4 to boost a train get 3 percent, the next 4 get 2 and the last 4 get 1?
Or, the first time you boost a train it's 3 percent, then the next time you boost the same train it's 2 percent.........etc?
Is there in answer to this? Neither one of my tests yielded an answer.
Thanks

Hi SeaJay,
We don't have an answer for you. How would you know if you were first or what number you were. I think it is a random the amount you get. Just like the belt/dan bonuses for crops, trees, flowers or bonus batches, you get up to the percentage from the particular belt/dan you are at. You don't get exactly the maximum percentage every time.

SeaJay Feb 10 2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6221358)
Hi SeaJay,
We don't have an answer for you. How would you know if you were first or what number you were. I think it is a random the amount you get. Just like the belt/dan bonuses for crops, trees, flowers or bonus batches, you get up to the percentage from the particular belt/dan you are at. You don't get exactly the maximum percentage every time.

Oh! I didn't even know that about belts/dans. I've never really paid attention to the numbers before. I'm starting to now just as another avenue of game play. And also I'm always out of turkey feathers, so I started taking a closer look.
trying to get my 7th dan for all the products that use turkey feathers so I can shut those things off
Thanks Taz.

And by the way, maybe it's time that we do start knowing how many boosts we have left. A visual of who you sent them to and who has and hasn't responded

Taz D Feb 10 2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaJay (Post 6221898)
Oh! I didn't even know that about belts/dans. I've never really paid attention to the numbers before. I'm starting to now just as another avenue of game play. And also I'm always out of turkey feathers, so I started taking a closer look.
trying to get my 7th dan for all the products that use turkey feathers so I can shut those things off
Thanks Taz.

And by the way, maybe it's time that we do start knowing how many boosts we have left. A visual of who you sent them to and who has and hasn't responded

Hi SeaJay,
You know where suggestions need to be placed, so the developers can see them together with others for the same subject.

Granny T Feb 18 2018 09:47 AM

I have three trains. I wanted them all to be ready at the same time so I bought three turbo locomotives. When trying to dispatch the third one I got a message saying this train cannot be dispatched because you already have two other turbo locomotives dispatched. Why wasn't it made clear that you can't have three of the same kind before I went to the trouble and EXPENSE of buying the third one. This is ridiculous.

Taz D Feb 18 2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny T (Post 6222786)
I have three trains. I wanted them all to be ready at the same time so I bought three turbo locomotives. When trying to dispatch the third one I got a message saying this train cannot be dispatched because you already have two other turbo locomotives dispatched. Why wasn't it made clear that you can't have three of the same kind before I went to the trouble and EXPENSE of buying the third one. This is ridiculous.

Hi Granny T,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

It is stated in the Game Guide that you can only dispatch 2 of each locomotive as long as both of the same locomotives are not on the same farm.

You can own 3 of the Turbo engines as long as you have 3 each of the previous locomotives, but you can only dispatch 2 of each at a time. And when you buy those previous locomotives then you get a warning message saying you can only have 2 of each locomotive carrying products.

mavisgadsby@aol.com Mar 15 2018 07:11 AM

I cannot boost my trains why

Tiger Mar 15 2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavisgadsby@aol.com (Post 6229150)
I cannot boost my trains why

Hi mavisgadsby,

I have moved your post to the Train thread. What happens when you try to boost your trains? Is the lists of your friends not loading?

You can not boost trains using IE or Edge browsers as FB made some changes that broke that function, you will need to use another browser for that.

If you are using another browser you will need to allow 3rd party cookies in that browser. Instructions for Chrome and Firefox are in the following thread >>

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Shazp Mar 25 2018 07:11 PM

My 2 Trains out running game will not work Facilities and Reffer Clients

Hi
Since yesterday 25.03.18 (Australia Time) the game will not run both the Facilities and Refer to Clients at the same time. I have to do them seperately in my game. I have 10 long Cars on each Freight Locomotive. Please help I have check your foroum but I can not find anything that might help fix my issue.

My game link is https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/

I also have a second older game account, which I checked it this morning and they are running normally (doing both at the same time)?

Many Thanks
Sharon

Taz D Mar 25 2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazp (Post 6231310)
Hi
Since yesterday 25.03.18 (Australia Time) the game will not run both the Facilities and Refer to Clients at the same time. I have to do them seperately in my game. I have 10 long Cars on each Freight Locomotive. Please help I have check your foroum but I can not find anything that might help fix my issue.

My game link is https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/

I also have a second older game account, which I checked it this morning and they are running normally (doing both at the same time)?

Many Thanks
Sharon

Hi Sharon,
The game has never done both facilities and services at the same time. They are separate posts, so you have to go to their farms from each post. The trains only allow that the mayor will go to each farm and do either the facilities or the services (depending on the post you clicked on to get there) without you having to move from farm to farm.
If the problem is that the mayor is not doing all the farms as he should then check to make sure your trains are dispatched as they have to be for them to work.

Caren Katsmom Mar 27 2018 08:25 PM

About New Train Cars...

I'm planning to add new train cars to two existing trains, but I don't know if I have to wait until one or both return home before I can do that? Both are currently dispatched, and both have 5 long cars (FC) each attached. Also... what if (instead) I bought one more Standard Locomotive (totaling 3) and added ten new cars to it, giving me a total of 20 FC train cars dispatched in three trains. Would I still get the credit when working friends' facilities?

Taz D Mar 27 2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom (Post 6231806)
I'm planning to add new train cars to two existing trains, but I don't know if I have to wait until one or both return home before I can do that? Both are currently dispatched, and both have 5 long cars (FC) each attached. Also... what if (instead) I bought one more Standard Locomotive (totaling 3) and added ten new cars to it, giving me a total of 20 FC train cars dispatched in three trains. Would I still get the credit when working friends' facilities?

Hi Caren,
Yes you need to wait until the trains are back and unloaded. Having 3 trains with a total of 20 cars will not activate the mayor to do all of the farms for facility work. It must be 2 trains having at least 10 long cars each. Using more than 2 of each engine will not work either.

Caren Katsmom Mar 27 2018 08:40 PM

Thank you so much for the fast reply, Taz! I guess I'll just have to wait.

wmsan214 Mar 30 2018 12:35 PM

Trains

How do you move trains on farm

Taz D Mar 30 2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmsan214 (Post 6232198)
How do you move trains on farm

Hi wmsan,
I moved your post to the subject thread about trains.
You move the trains just like you do anything else. However if the train is dispatched you can not move it until it has returned andbeen unloaded.

treedill Apr 06 2018 06:12 AM

Train and sending gifts

I can't figure out why I can't boost my train or send gifts to neighbors. I thought it was my old computer but I have a new one now with the same issues. I've cleared my cache so I know that isn't the issue. I'm assuming it must have to do with settings.

Tiger Apr 06 2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treedill (Post 6233078)
I can't figure out why I can't boost my train or send gifts to neighbors. I thought it was my old computer but I have a new one now with the same issues. I've cleared my cache so I know that isn't the issue. I'm assuming it must have to do with settings.

Hi treedill,

I have moved your post to Trains as that is your first issue. The fix is the same for both issues.

If you are using Edge or IE browsers the friends lists will not load in those browsers, you will have to use another browser.

If you are using another browser you will need to allow 3rd party cookies in your browser as those are needed for the game. We have instructions for some browsers in the following link >>

cmossholder Apr 06 2018 12:31 PM

I have not been able to boost my train on farm 20 for a long time. I copied my link but it will not paste here.

cmossholder Apr 06 2018 12:32 PM

Train won't boost.

I can't paste my link. My train is on farm 20 and it will not let me boost it.

Tiger Apr 06 2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmossholder (Post 6233126)
I have not been able to boost my train on farm 20 for a long time. I copied my link but it will not paste here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmossholder (Post 6233130)
I can't paste my link. My train is on farm 20 and it will not let me boost it.

Hi cmossholder,

Is it because the friends lists are not loading for you?

If you are using Edge or IE browsers the friends lists will not load in those browsers, you will have to use another browser.

If you are using another browser you will need to allow 3rd party cookies in your browser as those are needed for the game. We have instructions for some browsers in the following link >>

Karin Venables Apr 07 2018 10:06 AM

I would really love it if we could move loaded trains. I need to move some because of the expansions and waiting a week when a standard train has just been loaded and boosted is a long time. I would also like it if we could move the entire train at the same time. It is picky work to move each car, one at a time. Just a little something that would be appreciated.

Tiger Apr 07 2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin Venables (Post 6233302)
I would really love it if we could move loaded trains. I need to move some because of the expansions and waiting a week when a standard train has just been loaded and boosted is a long time. I would also like it if we could move the entire train at the same time. It is picky work to move each car, one at a time. Just a little something that would be appreciated.

Hi Karin,

Please, all suggestions for the game need to go in the suggestions area of the forum, where all ideas are gathered together in one place for the developers to see. Here's the link to that section, you can't start a new thread there, what you do is reply to one that most suits your idea.
Here's the link to that area of the forum >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

BethFB Apr 07 2018 02:15 PM

With the trains' tracks, do the trains really need to be on them or not to work without problems? I want to get rid of the tracks but not sure if removing them would cause an issue with the trains themselves.

Thank you,
Beth

marymarcel Apr 07 2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6233362)
With the trains' tracks, do the trains really need to be on them or not to work without problems? I want to get rid of the tracks but not sure if removing them would cause an issue with the trains themselves.

Thank you,
Beth

Hi Beth :)

As far as I know train tracks are only decorations, you can use them or not for your trains, so if you remove them your trains shouldn't be affected.

BethFB Apr 07 2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6233366)
Hi Beth :)

As far as I know train tracks are only decorations, you can use them or not for your trains, so if you remove them your trains shouldn't be affected.

Okay, good. Thank you.

marymarcel Apr 07 2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6233386)
Okay, good. Thank you.

You are very welcome Beth:)

sreamer65 Apr 10 2018 07:46 PM

Train can't place it back on my farm

Hi I picked up one of my trains to re do my farm and now it will not let me place my train it keeps telling me to try again later. What can I do to get it back out on my farm?

Taz D Apr 10 2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreamer65 (Post 6234166)
Hi I picked up one of my trains to re do my farm and now it will not let me place my train it keeps telling me to try again later. What can I do to get it back out on my farm?

Hi sreamer,
I moved your post to the subject thread about trains.
When you placre anything on the farm from storage you need to have a spot to set them down that is larger that the item you are setting down. If the border outline is red you can't set it down in that spot. To know whether you have an area large enough you need to have everything showing on the farm.

PawPaw99 Apr 10 2018 10:46 PM

I cannot send a request for my neighbors to boost my trains. It worked fine until yesterday. i cleared the cache but no help. Any advise,

Taz D Apr 10 2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PawPaw99 (Post 6234250)
I cannot send a request for my neighbors to boost my trains. It worked fine until yesterday. i cleared the cache but no help. Any advise,

Hi PawPaw,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Trains.
I think you will find the same problem with trying to send gifts. The developers are aware of this problem. Facebook is making security settings changes and causing this problem. The developers are working with Facebook to find a solution.

sreamer65 Apr 11 2018 03:23 AM

Taz I have room to set the train it it is green all the way around. But when I set it down it says Couldn't move item try again later.

Tiger Apr 11 2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreamer65 (Post 6234290)
Taz I have room to set the train it it is green all the way around. But when I set it down it says Couldn't move item try again later.

Hi sreamer65,

Try showing everything in your game preferences and see if there is anything in the way or that may be too close to where you are trying to set the train down.
If anything is close to where you want to set it down, move it further away.

If that does not help try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again.

Tiger Apr 11 2018 07:48 AM

Latest Update!

Post-Release Info - April 11th, 7:30AM

- Due to emergency changes released yesterday by Facebook related to data security, several areas of the game were not functioning correctly, like accepting gifts, sending gifts, boosting trains, missing user names, etc. We just released an update that should fix most of those issues.

Also, as part of the new requirements by Facebook, every 90 days you will have to re-authorize the Farmtown game to access your basic information like name, picture and friends which are essential to the operation of the game.

sherise713 Apr 11 2018 11:26 AM

Okay.... someone must be able to help me here, I guess.... I still can't boost my trains.. I have allowed cookies everywhere as per the list provided here, I have cleaned cache, rebooted my computer, etc, etc... I don't know what else to do... PLEASE... can someone help here???

Taz D Apr 11 2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherise713 (Post 6234438)
Okay.... someone must be able to help me here, I guess.... I still can't boost my trains.. I have allowed cookies everywhere as per the list provided here, I have cleaned cache, rebooted my computer, etc, etc... I don't know what else to do... PLEASE... can someone help here???

Hi Sherise,
I moved your post to the subect thread about Trains.
What happens when you try sending out the boost requests?
Are you able to send gifts from the Send Gifts tab?

sherise713 Apr 11 2018 11:42 AM

I posted a note earlier, but I am not sure which page I used, so here it goes.... M help request is for boosting trains.... I copied one link, but trains are in farm 12 and 14, and here is one of the links... http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...351&farm_ix=11
... and yes, I have done all the procedures to make sure cookies are allowed and cleared cache, rebooted comp, etc.... will appreciate any help

Taz D Apr 11 2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherise713 (Post 6234462)
I posted a note earlier, but I am not sure which page I used, so here it goes.... M help request is for boosting trains.... I copied one link, but trains are in farm 12 and 14, and here is one of the links... http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...351&farm_ix=11
... and yes, I have done all the procedures to make sure cookies are allowed and cleared cache, rebooted comp, etc.... will appreciate any help

Hi Sherise,
Are you not getting the list to show for sending the boost requests out? If so and you have done the cookies and pop ups settings for the sites, then you probably have too many friends that play Farm Town.
Facebook made changes a while back that reduced the number of friends you can have playing the game. If you have too many then the list will not show up. They first reduced it to 1000, then later down to 500, anbd now it appears to be that you can not have over 250. So if you have more than that you need to reduce your friends who play Farm Town down to less than 250 for the list to show.

sherise713 Apr 13 2018 09:32 PM

boost trains

the boost trains stopped working again, .... it worked for a day or two, so did the send gifts from the send gifts tab..... and now, i stopped working again... this is really exhausting and discouraging....

then, when I get a response, it doesn't seem to address this issue... what is going on, guys???? please help....
thank you

Taz D Apr 13 2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherise713 (Post 6234882)
the boost trains stopped working again, .... it worked for a day or two, so did the send gifts from the send gifts tab..... and now, i stopped working again... this is really exhausting and discouraging....

then, when I get a response, it doesn't seem to address this issue... what is going on, guys???? please help....
thank you

Hi Sherise,
I moved your post to the subject thread about trains as that is where your other posts and the answers to those are located.
I have already answered you concerning this. My answer is just above your post:

"Are you not getting the list to show for sending the boost requests out? If so and you have done the cookies and pop ups settings for the sites, then you probably have too many friends that play Farm Town.
Facebook made changes a while back that reduced the number of friends you can have playing the game. If you have too many then the list will not show up. They first reduced it to 1000, then later down to 500, anbd now it appears to be that you can not have over 250. So if you have more than that you need to reduce your friends who play Farm Town down to less than 250 for the list to show. "