Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 18th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336022)

Farmer Homer Jun 19 2010 04:30 AM

This is great! I especially like the gift exchange, had never thought of that one. Now I can stop agonizing over which gifts to send, just send what I like and they can take it back for an exchange.

Being able to put the animals inside is a special treat.

I like that we have some reason to spend the day fishing, as if I needed another reason to hang out on my farm. And the fish farming plant is nice too, brings in the fish in quantity. And yes, it works like the truck but doesn't take any fuel, just coins.

The coffee grinder is just what we needed and I still have space for a small coffee shop. :)

I like that we are utilizing some more crops, rice, asparagus, avocados, coffee.

Thanks to all, now on to farm #5! (Wishful thinking)

menorah Jun 19 2010 04:36 AM

So okay I went ahead and used FC for the Fish Farming Plant and Seafood Restaurant. Great! Except that the seafood mix, grilled swordfish and oyster shooters don't appear in my storage. The baked tilapia and grilled mahi-mahi are in the storage but there's a ? which indicates that they 'can be used to produce ice cream!' Ummmm... fish flavored ice cream? Blechhhh :-) But hey guys, I love all the new stuff.

Thanks again for this latest release!!!

topmop Jun 19 2010 04:36 AM

Fantastic!!!

SueW170 Jun 19 2010 04:41 AM

The developers at SlashKey are to be congratulated for coming out with an update which is responsive to the requests of so many FT gamers.
I don't see anything which fits in with the themes of my FT farms. I don't have or need enough animals to make it necessary to place them in buildings, seldom fish and prefer not to have many water features due to the unattractive color of the water and so won't be acquiring sushi or fish restaurants and doubt I'll get the fish farm. Also, since I don't plan to add the ice cream plant, won't need the coffee mill facility, but it's great since so many people have been asking for it. ....

The ability to move animals will be a plus should I someday decide to add a sheep pasture on my third farm and relocate the sheep from farm 2 there.

The "Exchange Gifts" feature is a plus which I took advantage of this evening, trading two fuels for pear trees. I don't have the oil derricks or refinery, but get enough fuel when I run out to last 3 or 4 days. It only failed to work on one exchange (lilies for another pear tree), but I simply planted and sold the lilies as usual so not a problem.

Well, I officially give up -- not on playing FT of course -- but on hoping for more functions to be added to existing facilities. That I would be willing to pay FT Cash for, just as in RL one pays to get the machinery, etc. to add new products in a factory or shop.

I also give up on hoping for my general purpose small town restaurant to "serve" breakfasts, a range of soups and sandwiches for lunch, and simple dinners. I'll just use a couple of the small houses (or other small building) in my rural town and have a "pretend" country restaurant :)

Obviously the developers of FT are thinking a lot like developers in real life who design shopping centers for small towns -- city thinking LOL

But, hey, lots and lots of folks are happy with these new updates and they really are great :) :) .... So I'm not complaining. ... Super job, devs !!!

Ms Tina Jun 19 2010 04:57 AM

Oh WoW.. how i wish I would NOT have accepted all those gifts.. They are in storage.. WISH I COULD EXCHANGE ALL OF THEM.. should I sell them or hang on to them.. Will we ever be able to exchange storage items????

Judy1953 Jun 19 2010 05:23 AM

Have spent all afternoon having a wonderful time with all these upgrades - the best ever I think. My farm runs so much quicker now that I have the animals in their sheds. Only thing I wish is that we could buy the green dollars with coins - I have nearly 40 million coins but very short on the dollar thingies. I will not pay real money for these but hope in the future I can use farm coins. :)

SueW170 Jun 19 2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Tina (Post 3628890)
Oh WoW.. how i wish I would NOT have accepted all those gifts.. They are in storage.. WISH I COULD EXCHANGE ALL OF THEM.. should I sell them or hang on to them.. Will we ever be able to exchange storage items????

If it were me, I'd just sell them. Whenever I receive a gift that I can't use in one of my facilities or that doesn't fit into the themes of my farms, I go to my farm right away and sell it so my storage doesn't fill up with stuff I'm not intending to use.

Angels Shangri-La Jun 19 2010 05:38 AM

Thanks guys, you've done a good job:)

Molly Mew Jun 19 2010 05:45 AM

The updates just get better and better. Hats off to you, Raul and the rest of the team.
Thank you for listening to the players and responding so brilliantly.
:)

SueW170 Jun 19 2010 05:46 AM

Not planning to get the coffee mill facility, but just wondering if the ground coffee will have new uses other than for making coffee ice cream (which, BTW, has always seemed a strange ingredient for making coffee ice cream -- wouldn't a syrup made from a strong brewed coffee be more real?)