Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 18th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336022)

Raul Jun 18 2010 08:31 PM

New Release -- June 18th, 2010

Hey there,

Here is a list of the recent updates to FarmTown, including yesterday's release as well:

1. Father's Day items, to send as gift and to purchase at the store.

2. You can now transfer your animals between your farms by adding them to the Item Storage like the rest of the items.

3. You can now move most of the animals to buildings to avoid having too many animals on a farm and make the game faster and gain some space. You can move up to 50 animals of each type to their buildings. Here is the animal list and the buildings to which they can be moved:

Hen, Guese, Chicken, Rooster, Turkey -> Chicken Coop
Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Sheep, llama -> Wool Shed
Horse, Donkey -> Any of the Stables
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

The harvest functionality hasn't changed with this release, for instance, if you have 10 hens on the farm and 10 on the Chicken Coop, when you harvest you will harvest all at once (10 + 10), like before.

4. Animals' functionalities have been optimized. If you have a lot of animals, you can move most of them to buildings and still leave some on the farm if you like how they look on the farm (without freezing them). It shouldn't make the game slower now, 20-50 animals on a farm should be OK.

5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

6. Coffee Grinder (Coins): Allows you to produce Ground Coffee from the Coffee in your storage

7. Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

8. Sushi Restaurant (Coins): Allows you to produce different types of Sushi:

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

9. Seafood Restaurant (32FC): Allows you to produce different types of Seafood dishes:

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

Hornyroo Jun 18 2010 08:34 PM

woot woot woot ty devs :)

Barbsuz Jun 18 2010 08:35 PM

Happy father's day!!!!! Thank you raul!!!!!! A coffee grinder and moving animals!!!!

Double T Dude Ranch Jun 18 2010 08:36 PM

Thanks Raul!!!

Bubba Geouge Jun 18 2010 08:37 PM

thanks for the new stuff Raul

HLeeV Jun 18 2010 08:38 PM

I've already used the gift exchange and it's AWESOME!!!!!

Then I put a cow in the Dairy Shed, so that is also AWESOME!!!!!!

I really love the idea of being able to move the animals. That is going to come in very handy in the near future as I'm re-doing my farms.

I love every part of this update, even the fish stuff--which I will probably not use as I don't have the attention span to fish. LOL :p So I probably won't buy the facilities related to fishing, but if I ever change my mind and get into fishing, then it will be cool that I can purchase those facilities.

This update is totally awesome!!!!!

bearhair Jun 18 2010 08:41 PM

you folks rock!!!

These are awesome, and the way you did the animal storage is very cool!

PennyHatter Jun 18 2010 08:44 PM

AWESOME!!!! thanks for feeding my addiction

Debra Arnold Jun 18 2010 08:47 PM

Thank you Raul and all Farm Town personnel. I had a feeling all day that we would be getting new stuff today and I found it before any of my neighbors. LOL

xxjimmyxx Jun 18 2010 08:48 PM

Thanks Raul!!!

Wilde Lily Jun 18 2010 08:54 PM

Oh my gosh!! THANK YOU!!!!

Baba 947 Jun 18 2010 08:55 PM

Once again, NICELY DONE!! You seem to be listening to your audience, that's a good way to be successful. I noticed that the last few buildings are no longer cartoonish and you've reduced the footprint of new items. The latter is especially important in a finite world. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

I hope to see some new roads in the future, I'm sure you've heard that before and hopefully will respond shortly:D

Poly Fyre Jun 18 2010 08:56 PM

Thank you very much for allowing us to move our animals.
I do have a question concerning animals.
If I have a chicken coop and chickens on two farms can I harvest at both of them?
I want to thank you for this wonderful game.
Poly Fyre

Momma Woods Jun 18 2010 08:58 PM

This upgrade is just great. You guys have thought of so much helpful stuff. What can I say??? Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!!!

Tony D Jun 18 2010 08:59 PM

Ok Raul, the kid gloves are off. This is my first and final offer - If you guys ever have the decency to release a new version when I am not at work - I will part with the readies and buy $FarmCash$. Should you foolishly decide to not accept my offer then I have three words for you .... Horse ,Bed, Head :p

Oh and thanks for the new stuff , I guess

rick1027 Jun 18 2010 08:59 PM

this update hit the nail precisely everything i wanted plus a few extras

Big Honking Toe Jun 18 2010 09:00 PM

Ok guys I am Very Very Impressed in you guys.You gave us 2 big things we needed and I am happy.

c.abell Jun 18 2010 09:01 PM

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE NICE SURPRISES. Let us buy a fifth farm now, PLEASE!

SunnyD Jun 18 2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poly Fyre (Post 3627422)
Thank you very much for allowing us to move our animals.
I do have a question concerning animals.
If I have a chicken coop and chickens on two farms can I harvest at both of them?
I want to thank you for this wonderful game.
Poly Fyre

each farm and each chicken coop needs to have the chickens etc... if farm one has 25 chickens you need a chicken coop on that farm to harvest those 25.... if farm 2 has 30 chickens and no chicken coop you can't harvest those 30 chickens.......... same with other animal facilities........

Momthebomb191 Jun 18 2010 09:12 PM

Thanks Raul...Whatever am I going to do now? I am going to have to quit my day job to farm.....................I can't stop!!!!! Love all the new features, you are appreciated! Happy Father's Day if it applies. Wahoooooo to you!

snow_angel Jun 18 2010 09:17 PM

Farm Town dev you guys are the best. To think people want to know why I quit that other farm game.

rocker grrrrrl Jun 18 2010 09:19 PM

Count me in as one of the absolutely THRILLED!!! I am crazy about the gift exchange, however when I used it, I didn't receive the new gift in my gift box, but the old one. I'm sure it will work itself out soon.... :)

SunnyD Jun 18 2010 09:27 PM

LOL LOL soooooooo...... i added animals to the proper facility so I unfroze the cows ok.. went to friends farm to water her flowers when i came back all the cows i had left were munching on one single haystack lol lol too funny

SallyL Jun 18 2010 09:29 PM

This is my favorite upgrade yet. Now my cows won't look crowded and I can still have plenty of milk. *does happy dance* I just went and bought a bunch of llamas, too. :D I even have grapes almost ready to harvest and will be able to get a couple of the facilities. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:D:D:D

Lavenda Jun 18 2010 09:31 PM

wow, was not expecting more today! But Tony was at work again AND I have been out this morning... typical! :D That's devs :)

Bratuski Jun 18 2010 09:34 PM

Big TY for Coffee Grinder

Oh, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. My prayers have been answered.
Now I won't complain for a little while...:D

Toranut97 Jun 18 2010 09:35 PM

How wonderful! Thanks for your kindness and creativity! What fun! Add me to he list of happy farmers!

And look at you, forum folk -- all the way to mid-page two before you began whining! Awesome! (insert sarcastic wink and smile here).

JAS0643 Jun 18 2010 09:38 PM

Tony must be at work since we got another update today. Tony I hope you know we are not going to let you go on vacation anytime soon.

In the last month you have given us more land, more levels (with even more on the way), a way to grind our own coffee, transfer animals to building, move animals between farms, a way to make our own fuel, and the most requested facilities. What are people going to be demanding now? I'm sure they will think of something. :D

I love the updates and can't wait to get the new facilities.

I do have a suggestion, please move all the fathers day stuff to the regular store after the holiday, I think they would be good to have all year.

1fritz Jun 18 2010 09:39 PM

WOW! These updates are wonderful. You folks did a great job. THANK YOU!!

Pesto Farmer Jun 18 2010 09:42 PM

Thank you so much!

Miz_Fatale Jun 18 2010 09:49 PM

I have to agree this was a great update!
The gift exchange wonderful! now I don't have to worry what to send to who of all my many neighbors...they can just trade it in what ever it is!!!

And the ability to hide the animals! and move them!! whoohoo great job!
this will improve the game in so many way!

thanks guys! keep up the great work :)

farmernina Jun 18 2010 09:52 PM

Thanks for the upgrades - being able to stick the animals into their proper habitats is great - and much more attractive than having a whole herd crowded into a space that was getting smaller. Thanks too for the coffee grinder and the gift exchange - all great ideas! I am definitely going to enjoy the new stuff!

FeartheDeer Jun 18 2010 09:57 PM

Thank you for addressing the animal issue, it's a much appreciated fix. Carp Sushi? That's just wrong.

mrsweather Jun 18 2010 09:57 PM

thank u!!

the update is super awesome!! thanks so much for lettings transfer annimals between farms!!! thank u!!

Double T Dude Ranch Jun 18 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeartheDeer (Post 3627746)
Thank you for addressing the animal issue, it's a much appreciated fix. Carp Sushi? That's just wrong.

Hehehe you can change your signature now ;)

JAS0643 Jun 18 2010 10:10 PM

I have just added most of my animals to their building but the holiday pigs will not go in to the building. Yes I still have the holiday pigs on my farm they where too cute to sell. Other then that I love being able to add the animals to the buildings I see a redesign of farm 1 coming soon. :eek: It is about time for one anyway.

Brian Sampson Jun 18 2010 10:18 PM

I read about 50 animals in each building. Is that 50 animals total, or 50 of EACH type. Because I put 25 sheep and 25 llamas in one building and it let me add another llama. I took it back out because I did not want to loose it, and thought I would check first.

Also, I am assuming you can have (for example) a dairy shed on each farm, each with 50 cows in it. You would have to click the building on each farm (and they could be on different timers) but I am assuming this would work. Just checking.

I did confirm that you can move a building on the same farm and I did not loose the chickens inside.

menorah Jun 18 2010 10:21 PM

To Raul and all the devs... thank you for listening to our gripes, moans and complaints. You guys are awesome. I don't mind splurging on FC to get all the new stuff. I love you guys!!!

hand Jun 18 2010 10:21 PM

More than one building for animals

So I placed a second Dairy Shed on the same farm and attempted to place my remaining cows in it but the second one indicated there were already 50 cows in it. So now I have 100 between two sheds and about 40 on the corral.

Double T Dude Ranch Jun 18 2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Sampson (Post 3627842)
I read about 50 animals in each building. Is that 50 animals total, or 50 of EACH type. Because I put 25 sheep and 25 llamas in one building and it let me add another llama. I took it back out because I did not want to loose it, and thought I would check first.

Also, I am assuming you can have (for example) a dairy shed on each farm, each with 50 cows in it. You would have to click the building on each farm (and they could be on different timers) but I am assuming this would work. Just checking.

I did confirm that you can move a building on the same farm and I did not loose the chickens inside.

50 of each animal.