Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 18th, 2020 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645574)

Taz D Apr 06 2020 12:09 AM

Raul has just posted the following:

Post Release Updates - April 6th, 12:30AM

- Released 15 Easter items, 8 at the top of the Easter category in the store and 7 at the bottom.

Farmer_Susan Apr 06 2020 11:02 AM

How do we know that we're getting the increased benefits from our trains? I bought 3 new cars for one of my engines yesterday to get the benefit. Just now, I unloaded one and I THINK I saw something about a bonus from the Mayor but it went by so quickly I wasn't sure. I'd like to savor that bonus a little more - or have a way to see it any time. Is that possible?

Taz D Apr 06 2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6351466)
How do we know that we're getting the increased benefits from our trains? I bought 3 new cars for one of my engines yesterday to get the benefit. Just now, I unloaded one and I THINK I saw something about a bonus from the Mayor but it went by so quickly I wasn't sure. I'd like to savor that bonus a little more - or have a way to see it any time. Is that possible?

Hi Susan,
Yes you are getting the bonus. It is a seperate line in the floating text when you unload the train. If you have a suggestion to change how it is displayed, please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize those by subject for the developers to view.

RFMad Apr 06 2020 12:01 PM

Thank you to the Devs for fixing the issues with Chrome! I appreciate it very much!!

barbaraelwart Apr 07 2020 01:11 AM

Trains

6. Increased train benefits:

a) Reduced travel times for ALL trains by 1 day, i.e.: the Standard Locomotive takes 6 days, the Turbo Locomotive takes 2 days, etc
b) When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train. Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.

Can you please clarify the note at the end of this item. It may just be me but it appears to contradict the original message. It says you have to have at least 3 trains dispatched with 10 cars each, the note then says that any trains can earn the bonus not only those with 10 cars. At the moment I have 2 Engines with 10 cars each. Would I have to buy another Engine and 10 cars to get bonus or just a couple of cars ? Thank you :confused:

Tiger Apr 07 2020 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaraelwart (Post 6351550)
6. Increased train benefits:

a) Reduced travel times for ALL trains by 1 day, i.e.: the Standard Locomotive takes 6 days, the Turbo Locomotive takes 2 days, etc
b) When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train. Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.

Can you please clarify the note at the end of this item. It may just be me but it appears to contradict the original message. It says you have to have at least 3 trains dispatched with 10 cars each, the note then says that any trains can earn the bonus not only those with 10 cars. At the moment I have 2 Engines with 10 cars each. Would I have to buy another Engine and 10 cars to get bonus or just a couple of cars ? Thank you :confused:

Hi barbaraelwart,

Let me see if I can clear it up a bit for you.

Quote:

When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train.
To qualify for the bonus you must have a minimum of 3 trains with 10 different long cars on each of them (meaning you can't have 2 of the same long car on the same train). So yes, if you only have 2 trains with 10 long cars you need one more with 10 long cars on it.

When you only have 3 trains with 10 long cars, to get your bonus, they must all be either dispatched or ready to unload. Then, if more than one of the trains was ready to unload, only unload and dispatch one at a time, so you get the bonus for each of them.

Quote:

Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.
This means, if you then had a 4th train or more, but those only had one or a few long cars on them. To get the bonus for those trains, as long as the 3 trains with 10 long cars are dispatched or ready to unload, when you unload a train with less long cars on it, that one also qualifies for the mayor bonus even though it has less than 10 long cars.

bluehair Apr 09 2020 06:43 AM

I though I might have had to buy 10 new long cars but turns out I have more than 10 on each of the two I already own so only need to buy 2 more to have 3 trains with 10 long car on each :)

WyoSugar Apr 09 2020 08:49 AM

Good Morning. Just wanted to pop in and thank Raul and the whole team for farmtown. I've always enjoyed the game, but being stuck at home has made it a great outlet for stress. Thanks for all you do to keep the game going.

Zeeky Banutski Apr 10 2020 07:20 PM

What does the greyed-out “boost” mean? Is that an indication that the boost has been completed & I can then boost another?

Taz D Apr 10 2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski (Post 6351942)
What does the greyed-out “boost” mean? Is that an indication that the boost has been completed & I can then boost another?

Hi Zeeky,
If it is greyed out, the numbers show the same amount such as (13/13) then that means you can not boost that train any more until it comes back and you unload then dispatch again.

Dana1971 Apr 13 2020 04:43 AM

New Release Due

Should be a New Release Due Soon :)

Grumpdad Apr 13 2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1971 (Post 6352162)
Should be a New Release Due Soon :)

It will be here when it arrives and not a millisecond sooner . . . . . . . . . . .

Alexm2012 Apr 13 2020 10:48 AM

im excited about a new release looming too hopefully full of even more goodies and new features.... the train manager has to be the best feature they have released to date i now have 10 trains with 10 carts attached bonuses are absolutely fantastic.

Taz D Apr 13 2020 11:03 AM

Hi All I am closing this release now. Thanks for all your feedback on it.

If you require help with the game please post in Help and Support.
For feedback for the game post in General Feedback.
Ideas for the game post in Suggestions.