View Single Post
Old Nov 12 2009, 09:15 AM

Question Problem with Harvesting/Plowing switch in 11/4 release

Hi,
I'm posting a problem here because the official thread for posting problems to the new release is closed, and I don't want to start a new thread, and am not sure where else this should go. Moderators, please feel free to move this to wherever it needs to be.

When I am hired to harvest along with a number of other workers, my computer goes really slow. It's a part of the game, and I don't mind so much. But, since the new release - and I *LOVE* all the new items and protection for trees - I cannot flip to plowing from harvesting until my avatar finishes.

When I'm harvesting, the owner will usually issue a request to plow when s/he sees the fields all harvested, even though I'm still seeing the little progress bars all over the field. I have plenty of money, but am still trying to level up, so I happily accept a plowing job (multiple times, sometimes) even though I might lose money. But since the November 4 release, my screen won't flip to plowing until my avatar finishes all the harvesting.

When I'm harvesting by myself, it's fine. I don't mind hanging. I'll happily chat with the farm owner. But when there's competition, I usually lose out big time on the plowing, because I can't plow until my avatar finishes harvesting.

Shy of harvesting very slowly, is there a solution? I am afraid it will take me forever to get the next level now.

I am playing on a windows XP system, on facebook, am level 31 with 94,435 points, and I love FT! Just would like to be able to do a bit more plowing so I can level up.

Thanks!