View Single Post
Old Jan 28 2011, 08:06 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
After looking over and thinking more about the new color of the water, I have to say that there is a definite improvement in that there is a bigger spectrum of colors (i.e. not just a single solid color) and not such a bright royal blue. I particularly like the big lake, especially how there is an area of lighter greenish blue near the shore. But I would have been happier if the rivers had not been such a dark blue, and if there had been more of that lighter greenish blue that I mentioned in them, and also some little grayish and whitish blues and maybe even a few bits of slightly purplish blue tones. Also, with the edges of the rivers so much darker than the rest, it really looks odd now where people overlap them, as they very commonly do; because of that, I think the edges should not be so much different from the middle of the river.

As for the seacoasts, I can see why you might want them to be the same color as the rivers, since many people make layouts where rivers flow into seacoasts, but really, if you Google images of seacoasts, you will see that in most cases the water is a much lighter almost aqua color (not surprising since the word aqua is Latin for water).

So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean.
Based on user info...and I can tell you they thought about it carefully, they decided to make them look similar for continuity and knowing that people design with them wanted a better look instead of what I called that plastic blue