View Single Post
Old Aug 13 2011, 01:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
my vote is no quests. I would like games to get something extra though. i quit all the other games because i didn't want my begging all over my fb page. I do have a question I think I read that it takes as long for a crop to wither as it does to grow is this correct? We will be going on vacation and I was planning on planting 4 day crops as we will be back in 5-6 days not sure if we will have wifi but don't think so.
First on the crops. A farm town day is 20 hours not 24 hours so a four day crop will go to wast in 160 hours or 6.667 24 hour days. If you are gone 5 days you are fine if you are gone 6 days it will be cutting it close. Now if you have the acorn squash unlocked that is a 5 day crop and it will last 200 hours or 8.33 days. If the acorn squash is not unlocked you can take your changes with the 4 day crops if you make it home in time you have the 4 days crops for the facilities if not just plow over them and plant something else.

Now on the quest there are ways of doing them without posting 10,000 things to your walls. This is where the happy medium comes in. There can be quest that say grow x crop y times. Tend 10 neighbors farms. Get hired 4 times by neighbors or in the mp. Produce x products in facilities. We can have goals where we add neighbors to help us that way if we don't have the needed facility and they do they can produce that product for us. The quest/goals can have some asking for things from people but that does not mean it will be the way Zynga does it which is you have to request 1,000 things to finish the goal and good luck getting it done. There are ways to do things that add to the game without going the zynga route. When people where asking for harvestable animals and to put them in buildings everyone said the same thing no that is too much like farmville but when ft added those options it was done in a much better way then the way zynga did them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.