View Single Post
Old Mar 07 2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosmiths View Post
The quests may have been added into the game for interest, but because there is a chance for a farm cash reward they have become a competitive feature of the game, and an unfair one if the cash rewards are based on how efficiently players can complete their quests.

Thousands of us are getting quests we cannot complete unless we spend real money, which, frankly, defeats the purpose for those of us who are cash hungry.

So yes, we don't have to play. But we want to. We certainly are not being forced to spend money to complete them. But cash is cash, and for those of us at the maximum level, with no chance to earn cash between upgrades, a few extra cash for quests is desirable, especially when we are only earning a maximum of 25 cash with a levels upgrade.

As most of the cash facilities cost 30 cash or more, I would love to earn 5-7 cash doing quests so that I can buy a new facility when we get those upgrades. That would certainly keep me interested in the game.

I do not own all of the facilities or tools, I still seed with a 3x3!, but am at level 310 and have spent more than $200 on the game to date. I am more interested in a way to earn cash than to buy any more of it at this point.

When the devs start kicking in 1 or 2 farm cash as rewards, we will see how fair the quest 'feature' actually is. I worry that the devs are shooting themselves in the foot if they think they won't lose loyal players by only rewarding cash to the players who have spent the most money on this game, the ones who own the tools and facilities to complete the majority of their quests.

I am hoping the devs will be fair about it, and reward players by effort and not financial contribution.

When quests were originally rolled out here is what Raul said about FarmCash:

Quote:
- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests
Since he said one FC occasionally I am not counting on a high reward or being often rewarded with FC. There have been several quests I cannot complete and several that I can since I own a fair amount of FC facilities. I honestly don't care if I can complete them all and don't expect much in the way of FC. I just do the ones I can because it is a little more interesting than how I have been playing.