Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
Well when I went to buy one on the train trailers it said
ie you must have the Stone Windmill either in storage or on the current farm. my windmill is on farm 4 and my train is on farm 14

According to what Raul wrote, "Once you purchase any Long Freight Car you can move it to any other farm, the facility requirement in the Store is only needed at purchase time". So you can purchase the train car on farm 4, then move it to farm 14.

But... I guess I don't get it. If I read it correctly, it takes a train car one entire week to "get" the same amount of an ingredient as what the facility that makes that ingredient produces in one week. So if you were buying a train car for just one ingredient (which suppose people wouldn't usually do), they'd get the same benefit (extra amount) by buying one more of the facility that makes that ingredient. That doesn't seem like enough to me to justify the cost. For the things I run short of, like canvas, I need an increase of a lot more than the weekly output of one facility to meet my needs.

Nor does the idea of a semi-translucent train car appeal to me. I want my farms to look nice, and that doesn't sound attractive. Just my initial reaction.

The freight cars do look cool.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20