View Single Post
Old Nov 22 2014, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi firegold flames,
The names have already been changed to better names as suggested by the ones complaining about it. We do not need a poll for this.
Thanks Taz - I did NOT have a problem with the names, although a few did. I have many people in my life that are disabled/handicapped. I really feel that people take offense when they have a problem themselves with accepting the 'label' .... My brother-in-law said it best .... If you get mad at someone because they call you 'handicapped' - then you need to look within yourself and ask why you would be insulted ? He told me - think about a Golf Game - if you need that 'handicap' - great - if you don't - then that is up to you to take it or run without it ...... Thanks for pointing this out (the NAME CHANGES) .... I feel if people would just READ THE THREAD.... then the Mods would not have to address the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER again .... Thanks to you, and ALL of the Moderators .... although it is not said often enough, you are very much appreciated !