View Single Post
Old Sep 04 2016, 08:50 AM

Okay being a person who wants to leave no stone unturned after my message yesterday of the useless new tools, I have done some testing and some studying and here are the results.

Their pointing mechanism is on a static grid based on a certain size farm. I just so happens to work perfectly on a 34x34 farm, but if one step either way from that, the tool starts OFF FARM (because the grid is out there) and wastes the amount of harvesting on the part of the harvester hanging off the farm. On the 34x farms, it starts at proper edge. To make the tools just fine, they need to allow the user to set the starting point of the harvest routine just as a farmer would drive to the place he wants to harvest rather than getting out in the road or woods to start the process to "make it even".

I do work as a superneighbor for a lady that has a 32x32 farm. Along the lower left of her farm she has 8 rows of some flower (only 8 rows)!! Using the new flower harvester you have to start so far OFF her farm to begin, that it only gets 2 rows of her flower and the other 6 rows on the second pass. For all those that think these tools are great and "just get use to them", tell me how making two passes with a 50FC tool is better than making one pass with a 30FC tool.

I do love the fact that we can keep growing our tools as the farms grow, but we can't allow functionality to be lost at the same time.

Fix: Let the farmer drive the tractor to the part of the farm he wants to work rather than arbitrary boundries set by the tractor salesman.