View Single Post
Old Dec 29 2019, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames79 View Post
It's like they added this percentage thing that shows up now and is regularly seen by us. But there is not explanation as to what it really is. Seems like there are a lot of us that are interested/concerned/worried/curious or whatever about it. I have sold my non-ingredients and half of my animal and fish product inventory with no change in my percentage. The developers must know what it consist of... so why not just explain it and how to control it if needed? Give us some parameters and guidelines to the percentage. They stuck it out there for us to see... so why not give just a little explanation about it? Is that asking too much?
Hi sjames,
What your maximum (100%) is varies depending on what you have stored. It is determined by a formula that has several variables so there is no way to say exactly what your maximum amount would be. It can be different for each individual's storage depending on what you have currently in your storage. So there is no way the developers or we can give you an exact amount that is your maximum.
The storage is saved in a flat database that has a specific number of spaces to record the storage of harvests and products. That means if you have only regular boxes of let's say tomatoes then it will take less of the space than if you had gift, regular and large boxes of tomatoes as each type requesire their own spaces. Also if your have 10,000 boxes of regular tomatoes then that amount takes 5 spaces to store the number, but if you use 1 box and it goes down to 9,999 then the amount of space needed is only 4 spaces. Both situations are different and will determine your maximum differently depending on how many spaces used by what it currently in your storage.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.