View Single Post
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:41 AM

Kudo's to the developers! The graphics are gorgeous. I have been in and out of the game several times since it was released in the limited version and have found that it is still slower to load than the flash version but that is not necessarily a bad thing. (Also switching between farms is still a slower load.)

Being a "methodical/pattern" farmer I have found a few differences that may or may not be issues that can be addressed. The one that causes me the biggest problem is a sensory one as I suffer from vertigo. When the game loads at the default focus level, not all of a farm is within the screen. When re-centering to the area which I wish to work (like harvesting my trees on the edges) the motion is so fluid it causes me to become a bit queasy and is disconcerting and uncomfortable. While I realize it is a visual cue it is very difficult to play while sick. (Zooming out makes it difficult to maintain the fine motor skill work with the mouse.)

As previously noted, when moving between the farms you must reselect the tool you were using such as the tree shaker whereas in the flash version you only had to select it once and it would travel with you between farms. When I plant Leeks, I stay in the game completing other tasks such as harvesting all trees and flowers as well as cutting down the other trees etc and doing all my fishing until such time as the leeks have matured to harvesting level thus being able to retain the appropriate tool between farms is a plus.

When watering there is no visible cue such as falling water to indicate the action had been taken. (I assume that the same would be true for the fertilization cue but haven't tried that out yet.)