Thread: Official Top Post Thread Neighborhood Chains Contest
View Single Post
Old Jan 28 2024, 04:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
Why are neighbors that I KNOW are playing NCC all day and night long contributing so FEW points to my total? These are people who regularly finish in 1st or 2nd place, yet I get less than 20K points from them, on average, in games where the winning neighborhoods have over 30 MILLION points. One of them even told me that she knows how the "algorithm" works! What does that even mean?! I don't get it.
Hi KoalaBear,
Yoou contribute to your contest at a much higher rate than your neighbors do because of the way it is set up. This might explain it:

How points are calculated:
  • Each XP your neighbour earns contributes 1 point.
  • Each XP you earn, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest.
    Example:
    • If you have 100 neighbours in the contest and each of them earn 1 XP, then your neighborhood score will be 1 * 100 = 100 points.
    • Then if you earn 1 XP yourself, this will add 1 * 100 = 100 points to your neighborhood score.
    • 100 (your neighbours score) plus 100 (your score) gives you a total score of 200.

This makes your individual effort as important as the total combined effort of all your neighbours in the contest.
So it seems like they are not contributing high enough amounts compared to what you are contributing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.