View Single Post
Old Jul 13 2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
It isn't the begging so much as it is that they don't do what they say they will do. For instance they are begging to harvest and plow anything or say they will do any and all jobs but when you hire them and they see that you have a small crop or a crop that doesn't pay much or a forest of trees they leave without doing anything. Don't beg for jobs that you have no intention of doing.

The polite thing to do if you find that a job is overwhelming and you can't finish it,or for whatever reason you can't finish it send a note to the employer apologizing for not finishing because it turned out to be than you can handle or whatever. I have done that. I recently was hired to among other jobs fish on a farm and this person had at least 1000 ponds stacked on a 30x30 farm. The only fishing tool I had was the blue boat. I fished for nearly 20 minutes and wasn't even a quarter of the way through it.I had to quit and sent a note explaining why. Had I kept at it it probably would have taken several hours to finish it.
I understand what you are saying. I just don't have the problems you are talking about and I hire from the market everyday. Every once in a while I do have someone not finish a job, but it's very rare. I am seeing people I hire still not understanding that they can use my tools, and there is no amount of explaining to them that helps. But that doesn't happen too often to cause any problems for me.