View Single Post
Old Jul 14 2014, 01:02 PM

Like WoobieHugs, I prefer to hire neighbors. I also do not hire "blathering" requests. They are annoying. But I understand why some people only want to work solo or do only certain things. They, like me, may have worked with another farmer who is greedy or is a novice or young and messes up a farm. I don't have the big tools--all I have is a 5x5 combine and a green fishing boat. No tools for flowers or trees. If you hire me for EVERYTHING on EVERY farm, it is going to take me over an hour to complete the job. I am a diligent worker, and go back to each farm more than once trying out different tools to make sure I have not overlooked anything. If I don't read the Hire Request carefully before accepting, I may not remember what all I was hired for. Yes, being able to use the Hiring Farmer's tools helps, IF THEY HAVE THEM, but it still take time. FarmTown is not my job. I have a job and a husband and home that needs some attention. I can only farm in the evenings and some on weekends. Personally, I'd prefer someone hiring me for one or two jobs on all of their farms-makes it easier for me to remember what I was hired for and make sure I finish it, without spending my entire evening on their farms. I need some time to plant, design, and work my own facilities!
Back to the "Blathering" requests. Occasionally I hire one. I like to help novice farmers move up and that's what they generally are. But I never hire them for multiple jobs! I hire them to H&P, using my 5x5 combine for no more than 4 farms, and preferably not large complex farms. that helps them, and it is something they can probably handle. But I do not hire them and get off the farm. I go back occasionally to check up on them so I can re-hire if necessary.
That's my prospective. Now, I will work on my quest.