View Single Post
Old Jul 04 2011, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
I couldn't find a thread concerning this so if it's necessary to move it I will understand.

At present I am at maximum level and I have about 155 facilities on my 10 farms, half of them purchased with Farm Cash. Facebook announced that effective July 1, 2011 all Farm Cash purchases can only be made with Facebook Credits. I took the following from their Help Section.

"One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed."

Now I am not an accountant but to me that looks like a 30% service fee. If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

Thank you

Sal Fantasia
Slashkey has never gotten the total amount. When you bought Farm Cash before this it was either through Codebell if you purchased with Paypal from the top box on that page or through Super Rewards if you used the lower section. Those companies did not do this for free and took their percentage cuts too. It really is no different for them.
People on here have been wanting a way to use Facebook credits for a while because friends and family could send them FB credits gift cards, but they couldn't use them because Slashkey didn't use them. Now they can use them and I am sure they are happy now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.