View Single Post
Old Oct 15 2021, 06:35 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical Dawn View Post
I just purchased this brand new desk top computer and started to play my FT again after a 5yr pause due to health. Now when I go to do ANY fishing that is stacked, my screen goes black!!! I have gone into settings on the comp and made sure everything is checked on for the new HTLM5 or whatever it is called, but it is still happening.
I am getting really upset because it wont stop. How do I fix this, please help me???
Hi Nautical Dawn,

As it's a new computer, have you checked for and done all your updates on it yet? If not please do those and please make sure that your browser of choice is still showing up to date.

Are you a Windows user or a Mac user?
Windows have been doing a lot of updates lately so if you are a windows user it's worth checking that those are done.

Then please go to the first post on page 1 of this thread and compare the technical specifications in that post to what your computer has and see if it either meets those requirements or is better than those. At the moment it is sounding like you are running out of memory when you try to work the stacked fishing.

You can also see the rest of what is listed in that post to see if anything there helps you. For example if it's only the heavy fishing farms that you are having this happen on, you might want to try the compressed graphics setting and then try only show the waters when you work those and see if that helps.

When you run into a problem, please look in the FT Console beneath your game screen and see if any errors are showing up in there when this happens. If there are please try to copy the first 10 lines of what you see in the console and also the error exactly as it is worded are so we can see what the error is that you may be getting.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.