View Single Post
Old Jun 17 2021, 08:26 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistybutterfly View Post
It takes over 15 minutes to get the game to load. I timed it. Tried all the things you suggest and nothing seems to work. I use firefox because chrome doesn't even work anymore for playing this game with the new versions and updates. There have been a few times where it gets loaded in about 2 or 3 minutes but that is very rare. Once I get on, everything is ok but still is slow in going from farm to farm. I have new Big Sur OS on new Mac Pro and don't have any other issues with other things trying to load. What is the problem here? Plus the faces of my neighbors are still nothing but silhouettes.
USER ID number ( 520045647 )
Hi mistybutterfly,

We're not Mac users so please try to understand that we may be asking you to do something you have already done.
  • Have you added anything to your farms recently like loose animals that are not in sheds or added more of anything to your farms recently?

• Is this happening no matter which farm you try to load or does it only happen on the farms that may be bigger or have more on them? If oyu're not sure make one of your farms that has less on it defualt and then close the game and try loading again and see if that loads quicker than your current defaulted farm.

As you like Chrome have you tried Opera? If not make sure that Opera is up to date and then close everything that may be running or downloading so that you are only using Opera to play the game and see how you get on with that before you open up anything else in your browser or do other things with your Mac.

If you have already tried that browser and are still having problems please try and get the following information for us to copy over to the devs thread so they can see what is happening on the kind of device you have:
  • Can you please click on the Apple icon and then click on About this Mac. In the window that shows please copy the information about Mac Pro you have, OS SUR version , the processor, the memory and graphics please.

• For this one it depends if you know how to get to and see the memory information from your Activity Monitor to copy the information about how much memory your browser is using when you play Farm Town. If you do not know how to get to it and understand what it's showing you it's best if you go to Apple support as they will have instructions for you for it and how to close it when you are done looking in it.

Again you want to aim to only having the game open in one tab in your browser so you can see how much memory the browser is using with just the game open in it.

When you open the Activity Monitor and click on the Memory tab and look for the browser you are using on the left side of that list and you should see next to that in the Memory tab how much memory your browser is using in MB or GB.

Please also copy the 1st 10 lines of what you are seeing in the FT console beneath your game screen so that information is added to your post as well.

Don't worry if you can't get all the information requested, some information is better than none at all.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.