View Single Post
Old Mar 31 2021, 05:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabezcreed View Post
After returning to the game 2 days ago, I have had this experience both days: After hiring a friend to work at my farm, and me at theirs, I return to my farm to take care of planting. My option to plant using the Seeder (2 x 2) is grayed out, and a pop-up says I must own one or have it in my Storage to use. The Seeder (2 x 2) is clearly visible on my farm. Even when I click directly on the Seeder (2 x 2) to use it, the same pop-up appears telling me I need to own one to use it. So strange. The only way I have to work around the issue is to put the Seeder (2 x 2) into my Storage and then return it to my farm. Thanks in advance for your help.

User ID: 1210500001
Hi jabezcreed,

As you are saying that when you returned to your farm the seeder was greyed out, it sounds like you were on a different farm than where the seeder was and were looking in your toolbox. When your tools are out on your farms, you can not use the toolbox to use the tools unless you are on the specific farm where you placed them. When you returned from doing your friends work you would have needed to go to the farm where the seeder was to be able to use it on that farm. If you returned to a different farm than the one that the seeder was on, the seeder in your toolbox would have been greyed out as it was not in storage.

To use any of your tools on any of your farms, without having to move them farm to farm, they must be placed into your toolbox so that the game can see that you own them or you will get that message asking you to buy it again. It's best to do that with all your tools not only so that you don't have to move them farm to farm and can use them from the toolbox, but also for when the time comes that you want to buy a bigger tool, so the game will know which ones you already own.

I have just tried what you and your friend were doing and had no problems clicking on the seeder on the farm to use it after completing their work no matter if the farm I returned to was the farm it was on or if the the seeder was on a different farm and I went to that farm to click on it and use it.

If your seeder is still out on one of your farms please reload the game then place it back into storage. Check that the tool is showing up in your toolbox fine, then please also clear your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game one more time, that should clear out whatever the problem was and reset the tool for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.