Thread: Official Top Post Thread Cargo Ships
View Single Post
Old Jan 14 2022, 12:26 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle jo View Post
ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me
Hi michelle jo,

When you look at the dispatch list tomorrow, look for the ship you dispatched last Saturday, you want to make a note of the time it was dispatched as the second that time is over 7 days is when it will drop off the list.

To give you an example:
Lets say these ship dates and times were showing on the dispatch list tomorrow. You will have to check the dates and times yourself on your own dispatch list to get the correct dates and times for your own ships:
2022-01-14 9:17
2022-01-13 10:10
2022-01-12 08:15
2022-01-11 09:30
2022-01-09 10:27
2022-01-08 09:00

NO ship was sent on the 10th which is why it isn't showing up in that list.
There are 6 ships on that list.
The oldest ship on that list was dispatched last Saturday 2022-01-08 09:00
If on the 15th a ship was being prepared and all the containers had been prepared on it by 09:00, all the containers would have had the shorter prep time.

BUT if the ship doesn't have all the containers prepared by 08:59:59 one was still in progress of being prepared OR more containers were needed to be prepared, then at exactly 09:00 the remaining containers to be loaded will change to a longer preparation time than the ones already loaded before 09:00

That would happen because the ship dispatched on the 8th was then over 7 days old so no longer counts towards container preparation times.
There would then only be 5 ships on the dispatch list so the container preparation time changes to a slower prep time.

By dispatching a ship every day that gives you some breathing space to still use the shorter prep times because even if one of the 7 ships drops off the list you still have 6 ships left on the list, which is enough to give you the shortest preparation times.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.